• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 flies up Steam’s best sellers weeks before launch

Kazdane

UUKR1DB.jpg
amused jaw drop GIF

I'll still be deep in FF7 Rebirth most likely, but at some point I want to play this one, since the first was so well received.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

Yep, not surprised. Many said that they think it won't sell very much. I countered with the fact that Elden Ring and Monster Hunter fans will buy it. Especially now that the Elden Ring expansion isn't coming until June. That fact will help Dragon's Dogma 2 be even more successful.
They don't know what they are saying

Dragon's Dogma 2 will be the next Capcom hit,add Devil May Cry 5 fans(wich sold 8M) to potential buyers.
If it gets rave reviews (and it should) sales will be good. I think its because the first Dragon's Dogma wasn't that big at launch, and that was in the xbox 360 days, people think a sequel has no potential, but of course they forget how successful digital sales have been for DD

Last edited:

FunkMiller

Gold Member
Good grief.

I'm 40 hours in Baldur's gate 3. Then there's FF Rebirth. Then Rogue Trader with all the new updates. Then Shadow Of The Erdtree. And this.

I'm playing nothing other than RPGs for the rest of my days...

DavidGzz

They don't know what they are saying

Dragon's Dogma 2 will be the next Capcom hit,add Devil May Cry 5 fans(wich sold 8M) to potential buyers.
If it gets rave reviews (and it should) sales will be good. I think its because the first Dragon's Dogma wasn't that big at launch, and that was in the xbox 360 days, people think a sequel has no potential, but of course they forget how successful digital sales have been for DD

When Dragon's Dogma came out, everyone was playing Skyrim. It still ended up with 8 million sales. Now DD2 has no direct competition besides Elden Ring, and it's been two years since it released now. DD2 has everything going for it so I see them with double the sales after a while.

GymWolf

It looks beautiful running at a proper resolution and framerate. Couldn't imagine playing it any other way.

It looks ok, i don't think anyone is gonna get impressed by this level of graphic in 2024.

Hopefully the game is optimized because this thing really doesn't need a high end pc to run from the look of it.

Last edited:
dargons dogma 2 will be capcoms elden ring moments i am known for my insdustry predictions
You joke probably but I agree. DD2 will do serious numbers on Steam. Should be the highest peak numbers from a japanese dev except for Elden Ring, unless there is something else big I’m forgetting.

GymWolf

A demo would be nice, i already preordered the game with a big leap of faith but if the sequel has the same flaws as the original i'm still in time to cancel my order.

Hudo

I am sorry guys. But I'll probably buy DD2 a bit later since I will most likely be busy with Unicorn Overlord for a while.

Sounds indeed like a demo shadow dropping.
Saw it but there is a high chance there won't be a character creator in the demo.

But it seems a french streamer who is partnered with Capcom will be doing a Character Creation stream on the 10th. Though he is not allowed to show any gameplay (assuming he has the full game).

TheSHEEEP

Gold Member
People here will be salty if the game launches and the PC port turns out to be shit.

Remember: Never preorder.

Schmendrick

Never played the first and I gotta say that I don`t see the appeal of this one either, it looks generic to me. 🤷‍♂️
Hoping for a demo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom