• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon’s Dogma 2 Won’t Break Up Exploration With Loading Screens

Draugoth

Gold Member
e6605ccc610490600a5968325b58a8a2e56f83be.jpg

Speaking to VGC, the director confirmed Dragon’s Dogma 2 will not break up exploration with loading screens. He stated that exploration of dungeons, caves, and other parts of the world will be seamless thanks to this implementation.

Hideaki Itsuno said:

Itsuno: Speaking to the seamlessness of the world, there are no loading screens when you’re exploring. Of course if there’s a cutscene we might load it in and then load you back to free exploration but in terms of actually going into dungeons or caves and exploring different parts of the world, you’ll never see a loading screen.

This statement came in response to being questioned about freedom of exploration during the open-world gameplay of Dragon’s Dogma 2.

Itsuno went on to say that if there is a cut scene, the game will load it in and then load players back into free roam, but in terms of entering dungeons, caves, or exploring other parts of the world, players will not run into loading screens. Recently, games like Starfield have received criticism for the excessive interruptions in exploration due to loading screens. While the game has a massive focus on freedom and exploration, it often brings things to a halt when the game loads a new section.

Article Source

Shubh_C63

No way...even Bethesda couldn't do that.

Well Witcher 3 had loading screens between islands but I think if they wanted to they could have hidden it well. Else I'm forgetting W3.

e6605ccc610490600a5968325b58a8a2e56f83be.jpg

Speaking to VGC, the director confirmed Dragon’s Dogma 2 will not break up exploration with loading screens. He stated that exploration of dungeons, caves, and other parts of the world will be seamless thanks to this implementation.

Hideaki Itsuno said:

This statement came in response to being questioned about freedom of exploration during the open-world gameplay of Dragon’s Dogma 2.

Itsuno went on to say that if there is a cut scene, the game will load it in and then load players back into free roam, but in terms of entering dungeons, caves, or exploring other parts of the world, players will not run into loading screens. Recently, games like Starfield have received criticism for the excessive interruptions in exploration due to loading screens. While the game has a massive focus on freedom and exploration, it often brings things to a halt when the game loads a new section.

Article Source

Oh my… Starfield already going from one of the most promising, most hyped games of this generation already becoming the laughing stock of the industry.

Also, all these games should be loading free except for maybe fast travel, but even that feels really quick in some games nowadays thanks to Sonys ssd implementation and apis.

LRKD

The first game loading seemed like a non-issue anyways was anyone actually concerned about this? Like the open world was loading free and loading into a town/dungeon wasn't that long.

lh032

I cry about Xbox and hate PlayStation.
Now Microsoft is going to acquire capcom for the insult of its first party studio

Comandr

This is amazing news. I’m thrilled to hear there will be nearly no loading screens. Feels like RE engine has come a long way.

Top Bottom