• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to hear more detail on this. I assume it means no one's going to give a shit if you're a Qunari? I was afraid of this.
There was a video by Lady whatever in YouTube showcasing racism. She said it was decently in there and showed plenty of examples. The highlight might mean that people don't treat the inquisitor with the honor he deserves or something

RoadDogg

Figured I should post there here too...

Edit: Forgot to say these are XB1 codes I think.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (RoadDogg, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Dragon Age Inquisition Amulet of Master Studies and Ring of Master Studies -- MB-4F9A88C2C712BAD0

pilferk

Neo Member
Its one of the specialization trees so you probably can't see it as of yet in game. I was just checking to see if you may have data mined the info or something =P

Nope, just taking from the few minutes I have left of the trial..the real basic stuff.

Corpekata

Banned
Performance wise I'm seeing on the DA subreddit it is demanding some people update to the Nvidia 350 driver, so it may improve whenever that gets released (presumably in the next 24 hours).

Altairre

Nobody gives a shit about 4players in Germany... One of the worst sources for reviews so I would not worry. As others said, these guys just want clicks.

Because they're sometimes giving games lower scores than the average review? I don't think I'll end up agreeing with this review (at all) but they are often a good read. Dismissing this as clickbait because you don't agree with the score or because it is lower that the DA2 one is just as unnecessary. But whatever I guess it's easier this way.

Corpekata

Banned
For others that VPNed, what are you doing? I VPNed, killed it, rebooted Origin, and it won't work, which I presumed it would. I can still play if I start Origin with the VPN in Korea, but that's not ideal really.

Gvaz

Banned
All of these beards are awful. beards grow right up against the lips, they don't just mysteriously have a half inch gap below the lower lip

blado

I manually set everything to max as ultra leaves some options at high. 45 minutes in, and the lowest my fps has gone is like 54 or so. I'm using a gtx 780 and 3570k @ 4.4Ghz. Going to just leave it at default Ultra for now though to ensure 60 fps at all times.

H3xum

As someone who enjoyed the Archer experience I was trying to think of what Specializations would be beneficial.....and I couldn't think of a single one that made sense. Sort of surprised there's no Ranger.

Tabby

For others that VPNed, what are you doing? I VPNed, killed it, rebooted Origin, and it won't work, which I presumed it would. I can still play if I start Origin with the VPN in Korea, but that's not ideal really.

1. Use VPN.
2. Open Origin.
3. Open Game.
4. Play for a bit.
5. Alt+Tab and close VPN.
6. You won't be able to use online but offline works.

RulkezX

Don't kill Origin, just the vpn. They're is no reason to restart Origin.

dragn

i logged in origin with vpn and can just start the game without vpn now, didnt log out of origin

Altairre

There was a video by Lady whatever in YouTube showcasing racism. She said it was decently in there and showed plenty of examples. The highlight might mean that people don't treat the inquisitor with the honor he deserves or something

What they mean is mainly the disconnect between cutscenes and normal gameplay. The example they give is that a woman in Val Royeaux freaks out in a cutscene because she sees an elf with powers but when you're walking around nobody gives a shit.

Shepard

Quick Impressions from the first area:

- I have a 980 with a stock 3570. Running at 1080p with everything maxed (except tesselation, bc I had to restart the game to apply this setting) + 4XMSAA and I can run pretty much at 60 fps with no noticeable dips. Cutscenes seem to be locked at 30 fps, though. @1440p it's a stable 30 with vsync on.
- The fuck is wrong with this control scheme? It'll take time to get used to "spacebar for jumping" instead of spacebar for pausing :p
- Click and hold to attack? Reaaally weird. If you click an enemy you'll only attack one time (unless you do this through the tactical pause screen), but the bad thing is if you just click and hold, your hero will keep attacking in place (if the enemy goes far away from you, you wont chase, and'll end up doing no damage). I'll have to mess with the options to see if I can fix this later.
- Tactical pause controls are also bad, cant use mouse to pan the camera, and the default keyboard controls are a mess.
- Even though the controls will get a lot of practice to master, game is going to be glorious, I can feel it.

Rise Kujikawa

Neo Member
D2FjBEQ.png

Ugh. Crashes when it goes full screen...

dEvAnGeL

I can't even get 30fps on high with a 770 and i5 2500k. Have to lower a bunch of settings I guess.
This post worries me, i have the same card and a i7 2600k, reading the last few pages people mentioning bugs and not working full screen has surely push me to get the ps4 version, i have been waiting for this game so long i dont want my first experience with it to be ruined by all this, ps4 it is

Vlodril

started the game and my cutscenes are choppy for some reason at least the first one. fps counter says 30 but there is stuttering. also not happy with my char appearance so ill go back and make another.

Rsinart

Played the first game for a few hours before I put it away and never returned to this series, but I am really excited to play the new one tonight. Hope I am not completely lost within the story.

Ushay

Damn, changing region on Xbox One doesn't work. Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu Will have to wait for 21st...

Unless anyone knows another way? (console)

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
GameSpot has their midnight release schedule pretty well documented. Anyone find such a list of stores for Best Buy? I'm on mobile but getting no hits even though they have a page for all three games releasing.

All of these beards are awful. beards grow right up against the lips, they don't just mysteriously have a half inch gap below the lower lip

My beard has exactly that, a gap below the lower lip... very common actually.

On topic, I ran into an area that I wasn't leveled high enough for, and not having healing spells or regen is tough. Got fucking owned and tried to run with my last surviving party member only to be chased down endlessly thinking the enemies would be on a leash. I died. Moral of this game, be prepared and save your potions...

Game is running pretty well, I wasn't expecting locked 60 frames with everything on high (tessellation normal) and textures even in ultra (GTX770 2GB), at least not without the nvidia drivers. It's pretty weird the change to 30 fps on conversations, very noticeable and kinda crappy, but I can live with it.

Had to go get my niece from the kindergarten so I didn't play too much this past hour, but yea, technically I'm happy for now.

EDIT: Noticed some dips with MSAA, fired fraps and I'm getting some drops to 50/52 but most of the time it's locked on 60. I may lower texture quality and see how it does. Doesn't bother me too much those drops to 50.

Asbear

Banned
Thank god for GTA V and the fact that I'm playing KotOR 2 for the first time because the wait until friday (EU release) is unbearable!!!

Megasoum

Banned
So which VPN are you guys using?

And so once I have the game activated I still can't importe my Keep settings? Won't that screw up my save if I start without it and then sync up later?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom