• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xyber

The cutscenes are locked to 30 for some strange reason, but they are also very stuttery and it feels more like 20fps a lot of the time. =/

Everything maxed out but no MSAA and I have a stable 60 in the starting area with a 970 and i7 4770K.

Edit: Also no swapping between controller and mouse in the game. You need to go to the main menu to change between them...

theDeeDubs

As someone who enjoyed the Archer experience I was trying to think of what Specializations would be beneficial.....and I couldn't think of a single one that made sense. Sort of surprised there's no Ranger.

I'm planning on making an archer first and I'm a little disappointed in them too. Wish they would offer a pet one myself.

Facism

not a fan of the female qunari voices. you've got a choice of hammy arrogant shitty accent, or "i need to be protected omg i'm so weak" bullshit. Neither fucking fit.

Lan Dong Mik

And why would I want them?
So fucking excited man!! I played the 6 hour early access stuff and was hooked immediately. I feel like I've barely scratched the surface. This game is going to rule.

Ledhead

My copy will unlock tonight at midnight. I think i'll wait up. I have a paper to write anyway, maybe I can squeeze in an hour or two after i'm done.

Mumford

Thinking about picking this up soon due to the fact that next gen is RPG starved and that I enjoyed ME1&2, & it seems like Bioware is back on their game. However, what should I know/research when it comes to Dragon Age lore? Also, how does the gameplay differ from Mass Effect's?

misho8723

Banned
So this is what I have found on the german website Gamestar:http://www.gamestar.de/spiele/dragon-age-inquisition/artikel/dragon_age_inquisition_im_technik_check,46872,3080155,4.html

GPU:
qUhb.jpg

CPU:
pUhb.jpg

RAM:
rUhb.jpg

What the colors mean:
Grey: technically impossible
Red: stutters greatly
Yellow: 1920x1080, graphics set on Medium
Light green: 1920x1080, graphics set on High
Thick green: 1920x1080, graphics set on Ultra

X-Frame

Shinobi, the Classes and Specialization video is Private.

I wanted to check out all the specializations, especially the Knight Enchanter, that class sounds interesting!

Lux R7

tkalamba

As someone who enjoyed the Archer experience I was trying to think of what Specializations would be beneficial.....and I couldn't think of a single one that made sense. Sort of surprised there's no Ranger.

Im thinking of going with artificer or tempest for my archer, but no idea what skills either offer.

Please sony hurry up and send my ps4 back, I NEED IT:(

Amazon about to ship my art book, will make the wait even more painful.

Cassandra, please wait for me.

pilferk

Neo Member
All of these beards are awful. beards grow right up against the lips, they don't just mysteriously have a half inch gap below the lower lip

I thought the same about the facial hair choices. Wasn't a fan...would have liked a more appealing van dyke option.

Tommyhawk

The game is running pretty smooth on my PC (3570k, 660Ti, 16GB RAM, at 1080p).
I'm playing with the settings the game determined on my first start (everything on high, tessellation on medium, textures on ultra and no MSAA) and I'm getting around 50-60fps with rare dips to 45+fps.

Fmal

Banned
When I use a Korean VPN I get the Korean Origin store (all the text etc. is in Korean characters), but the game apparently won't unlock until November 19th at 8:00). Should I pick a different country?

purg3

slept with Malkin
I didn't plan on getting this, never played a DA game, but I've been watching the streams and other media lately and it looks so good. I haven't played a good RPG in a while, and this seems like it would be the perfect "winter" game. It just sucks it comes out the same day as GTA, and I really didn't want to get 2 more games right now. Decisions, Decisions.

pilferk

Neo Member
Never played a game in the series, but anyway: are the skills trees for the companions set in stone or can you choose their skill tree?

You can assign points to whatever skills you want, AFTER you get them.

You can also buy them talismans (1g in the starter area, I think) that you can equip and it resets all their points so you can respec them, completely.

For all of you that used a Korean vpn to start the game, are you using the vpn constantly even after the game is running?

If not and you closed it, did you manage to sync your Keep to the main game? Are you getting achievements registered on your normal connection?

Gvaz

Banned
The 30 FPS cutscene lock is annoying.

Yes it is.

Also I'm experiencing major lag every couple of seconds because my hard drive (not even the location where the game is saved even!!) keeps getting 100% utilization every couple seconds. Going into Borderless Fullscreen helps a bit, but not much.

Also no auto attack and having to hold down R or LMB is incredibly shit. I hate it so much.

Yaska

For all of you that used a Korean vpn to start the game, are you using the vpn constantly even after the game is running?

If not and you closed it, did you manage to sync your Keep to the main game? Are you getting achievements registered on your normal connection?

I used a hong kong vpn (F-secure freedome) to start the download and boot the game. At splash screens I disabled the vpn, and logged in fine.

i7 2600k at 4.5ghz and 980 evga gtx gets me with everything except tesselation and msaa (2x) cranked to max avg 51.5 and min fps 41.6.

Sou Da

Yes it is.

Also I'm experiencing major lag every couple of seconds because my hard drive (not even the location where the game is saved even!!) keeps getting 100% utilization every couple seconds. Going into Borderless Fullscreen helps a bit, but not much.

Also no auto attack and having to hold down R or LMB is incredibly shit. I hate it so much.

Tactical cam gives you auto attack.

Artadius

Is there a multiplayer OT or a way to add some GAFers to my Origin friends list? I am Artadius on Origin btw.

Also, has anyone figured out if there's text chat in multi... and if so, what is the keybind?

The game is running really nicely on my end. Except the cutscenes. They suck. Dropping down to 30 fps for no reason is really killing them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom