• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Astrates

I am getting it for PS4 and almost had a terrible moment.

Pressed the PS4 button on the DS4 and the console beeps and appears to start up. I then go to the kitchen for an ice cold drink. When I return I hit input on my TV to switch to PS4 and the HDMI isn't active, strange. Check console and lights are off, stranger. So I try again, this time no beep, no lights, just fear.

I check the power cables, all is fine, try using the power button on the console and again, "beep", but no lights and no output. It's about now I feel the tears beginning to run down my face. I starting crying, screaming, "Dragon Age is out this week, don't leave me, I need you, you're too young to die..."

My PS4 then roars into life like a true warrior and outputs. All is well........for now.

Langobalt

Neo Member
I had to restart after the first hour because the game bugged out in the most funny way. I selected a male warrior for my Inquisitor but the game insisted that I was a female rogue. So I had the warrior version of the pre-order gear as well as the dagger rogue. Also everyone talked to me as a she when I had the gruffy american voice for my dude.

H3xum

Mark of Death, Knockout Bomb, and Hidden Blade work from long-range. I don't care for the Focus ability but since Mark of the Rift works for all classes this isn't a deal breaker. The spec is stealth oriented though so you'll need it to put a couple points in subterfuge.

This pleases me, thanks!
what's mark of the rift?

rybrad

Is there a PC patch coming at "official" launch time or is what we have now fully patched? I keep running into all kinds of issues so I am hoping a patch is forthcoming tonight.

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member
If I make my character a Warrior/Inquisitor, am I painting myself into a corner lore wise? I know the Inquisitor-Mage war is a focal point of the game and don't want to be lumped into one side automatically just because of my class.

Raven77

Has much been said about the graphical difference between PC and PS4? I watched the IGN comparison video and couldn't really see THAT much of a difference. I'm mainly wondering if it has things beyond just better textures. Like any fancy graphical effects that are just completely not in the console versions.

I have a PC with a SLI 560TI setup 8gb of ram, and a decently powerful i5 processor from a couple years back. Not sure if i could run it maxed out.

When you go to the planned battle screen..can you only issue one command at a time? I want to tell someone to move somewhere before attacking but I'm not sure you can do both.

I don't like the tactical battle thing all that much.

Squishy3

NPCs can't decide what gender my character actually is. They keep flip flopping between whether my character is a male or female. He's a male. Sometimes in the same conversation even they'll refer to him as a male and then switch to calling him a she.

VanWinkle

I want to avoid entering relationships on this game. I am worried that any positive responses from me in the dialogue tree will inadvertently lead to a relationship on there, lol. How does that work? How does one "enter" a relationship in the game?

Also, I've played a couple hours of the trial last night on XB1 and it was amazing! The Hinterlands are massive and I can't believe there are 7 sandboxes in the game.

Megasoum

Banned
So can anybody confirm what are the limitation or what you don't get by using the VPN?

Like does it import the Keep stuff properly and other things like that?

If I make my character a Warrior/Inquisitor, am I painting myself into a corner lore wise? I know the Inquisitor-Mage war is a focal point of the game and don't want to be lumped into one side automatically just because of my class.

It's a Templar / Mage conflict. The Templars and the Seekers (who I assume are the basis of the Inquisition) are separate branches of the Chantry.

I want to avoid entering relationships on this game. I am worried that any positive responses from me in the dialogue tree will inadvertently lead to a relationship on there, lol. How does that work? How does one "enter" a relationship in the game?

You'll never be forced into it. Just avoid dialogue options with the "heart" icon.

cyberheater

PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 PS4 Xbone PS4 PS4
My attempt at recreating Daenerys's face after nearly 2 hours of work.
Ylu0YBQ.png

It's a pity that the hair is so bad in this game. The rest looks pretty good.

jesu

I think if you never choose any of the love heart options you'll be fine.

Squishy3

Pretty sure all options that lead to romance have a heart when you mouse over the dialogue option.

Wulfram

Pretty sure that you won't get into a relationship if you don't pick stuff with a heart icon

VanWinkle

It's a Templar / Mage conflict. The Templars and the Seekers (who I assume are the basis of the Inquisition) are separate branches of the Chantry.

You'll never be forced into it. Just avoid dialogue options with the "heart" icon.

I think if you never choose any of the love heart options you'll be fine.

Pretty sure all options that lead to romance have a heart when you mouse over the dialogue option.

Pretty sure that you won't get into a relationship if you don't pick stuff with a heart icon

Cool, thanks guys!

fantomena

Any console command to see my FPS?

Gmae is running smooth as fuck with everything maxed out on my GTX 690, but I want to see my FPS.

Kinthalis

Banned
The state of the tactical cam on PC is utterly unfathomable and embarrassing from a developer that arguably FRIGGIN INVENTED the damn thing.

Consoles done fucked this mode up.

How do you go from BG2 and DA:O to this? What the hell happened?

Double checking, it seems the cutscenes are indeed locked to 30fps. Might seem worse than that due to compression. It's a combination of the tech limitations of the Frostbite engine (locking at 30) and then compression (animations of characters/objects onscreen).

Squishy3

The game runs lovely with a 2600k and SLI GTX660..... accept for conversations and cutscenes. They are stuttery as hell!
Yeah, conversations get super stuttery for me as well, cutscenes not really though. Normal gameplay is fine with some dips into the 50s, and I have most everything set on high with texture quality set to ultra with MSAA turned off. The only exception is tesselation at medium.

AMD FX 8120 and EVGA SC GTX770 here.

Levyne

Banned
Can't wait to start this! But this thread moves so fast I might put in a significant amount of time before coming back in here again..

Decided to go with the regular edition since the deluxe stuff seems like a bunch of fluff.

Moff

The state of the tactical cam on PC is utterly unfathomable and embarrassing from a developer that arguably FRIGGIN INVENTED the damn thing.

have reviews not pointed this out? how are such high scores possible? there is no way I can play this game in tactical mode, its terribly bad.
right now, I am just playing on normal on action mode and switching to gamepad.

DA:I is the game I feared DA2 would be, a console action game.

Squishy3

have reviews not pointed this out? how are such high scores possible? there is no way I can play this game in tactical mode, its terribly bad.
As it stands I'm only switching to tactical mode when people are low on health to tell them to use potions because they're super stingy on using potions even with tactics set.

Zukuu

Banned
I don't see the point of tactical view really. Pause + F1-F4 are more than enough.
That said, it's crucial that you re-bind your keys. Pause needs to be on space.

Kinthalis

Banned

DA:I is the game I feared DA2 would be, a console action game.

It's not brain surgery. You unlock the camera, you let me scroll with the mouse by moving to the edge of the screen or by holding and dragging the middle mouse button (should be remappable). You let me select more than one character at a time. You let me zoom out so that I can get a good look at the battlefield.

You DO NOT force to use WASD tied to what is obviously an analog move system emant for a gamepad.

You DO NOT prevent me from selecting more than one character - an obvious artificial limitation due to gamepads.

You DO NOT block the camera from moving as though i were a character!!!

The hell? Wasteland 2 has a better camera!

This is the PC's bread and butter, it should have bene designed with M&K in mind and THEN dumbed down for gamepads. NOT dumbed down for gamepads and THEN ported!

Tovarisc

Double checking, it seems the cutscenes are indeed locked to 30fps. Might seem worse than that due to compression. It's a combination of the tech limitations of the Frostbite engine (locking at 30) and then compression (animations of characters/objects onscreen).

I would say its not limitation of engine considering BF 4 doesn't have FPS locked in-game cutscenes. More likely some design issue BW ran into by themselves.

Also movement + 3rd person combat + tactical combat is 100% designed around you playing with pad. Such a fucking shame and waste.

tsef

Did anybody try to change the audio language ? I can't select another language than my own and i'd prefer to have english audio.

Jawmuncher

So do I have to stay connected?
I launched the game with the korean VPN, then I closed it all out.
Chose force log in and now the game is back to saying it needs to be preloaded.

Gothos

Seems like I'll ask for a refund :p

Kagoshima_Luke

Gold Member

Ooops, I meant Templar character. I want to be a Templar, but don't want to be treated like dog shit by mage characters, even those in my party.

Finrod

Banned
Quick question about the keep.
Will it be available on the ps4, or can i go through it on the PC, and then import that world state to the ps4?

Tovarisc

So do I have to stay connected?
I launched the game with the korean VPN, then I closed it all out.
Chose force log in and now the game is back to saying it needs to be preloaded.

1. Start VPN and connect

2. Start and login to Origin

3. Start the game

4. Leave game running, leave Origin running and close only VPN connection

5. Play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom