• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

megalowho

Late game Blackwall personal mission question:
What's the best way to get him back into the fold with the least amount of repercussions? I swapped him with another prisoner and conscripted him to be a Warden which he liked, but the new mission in the war room that you get afterwards sounds like I've made a mess of things politically. Do I need to do the optional war room mission with Leliana that hides the Inquisitions involvement? Leave the Wardens out of it completely when it comes time to judge? I want to give him a chance to atone but not at the expense of pissing off other allies.

When dealing with choices like the mages why does Bioware only do extremes that don't necessarily make sense.
It's obvious that mages can't handle true freedom from their inept actions in DA2 and this game, but is slavery under the Inquisition really the only logical alternative? Will just lead to a future rebellion/ resentment. How about something in the middle that would benefit everyone, all the prior games showed that neither choice you're given actually works.
You'll have more chances to direct the future of mages/circles/the chantry later in the game, including a middle ground. For now, that decision is more about how the Inquisition is perceived internally and externally and what kind of allies you want than what'll happen once order is restored.

Dodecagon

works for a research lab making 6 figures
I haven't played DAO or DA2 in a few years but it seems like the non tactical view works differently than it used to. In the older ones, I remember being able to basically go to each member of the party in the paused menu, issue commands, and then they would execute them.

It doesn't seem to work the same in DAI, like as soon as I stopped controlling the character they start doing their own thing completely.

You need to modify the party AI in the tactics menu

How do I respec?

Buy a respec medallion from the blacksmith in the undercroft or his little tent in haven if you haven't made it to skyhold

Ridesh

Banned
Saw this on Reddit

6IRTYdk.jpg

http://forum.cheatengine.org/viewtopic.php?p=5563944#5563944

Dysun

Just got to Skyhold, question
Should I watch a Dragon Age 2 Legacy playthrough on Youtube? It's the only content from the Dragon Age series I haven't played and didn't expect it to play such a big role in this game. Feels like I should.

Hmm Origin reset my keybindings, not sure why. I have pretty much every options turned off, why does it even bother doing stuff like that, I don't want it to cloud save anything, specifically because it'll load stupid shit I don't need whenever it feels like. Steam's the same, stupid cloud saving bugs out every now and then and erases your saves, but I haven't had steam bug out my keybindings settings yet. Oh well guess it's not so bad.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Emprise du Lion is amazing, good way to send the game off, especially after that shitstain hissing wastes

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Just got to Skyhold, question
Should I watch a Dragon Age 2 Legacy playthrough on Youtube? It's the only content from the Dragon Age series I haven't played and didn't expect it to play such a big role in this game. Feels like I should.
Either that or just talk to Varric.

Did the Angry Joe review get posted yet? It's pretty decent- he's very positive on the game so he doesn't do his shtick of yelling his ass off.

Couple of location and romance spoilers...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X_uy4OSpUKE
I was waiting for this, thanks. Liked his preview from earlier. I actually thought his DA2 review was really thoughtful and on-point considering how much material the game provided him for rage.

Agent 86

Neo Member
Yeah, that's the problem. You keep thinking about companies doing this without being unchecked which they are, and have been.

It has been 8 years since the whole Horse Armor fiasco, and things have gotten A LOT better since then. Your argument is moot since we have had a lot of quality products for the last 8 years, with only some being shit with how they handle DLC and microtransactions.

I don't feel like I'm being forced to pay for micro-transactions in DA:I mp and
when I manage to connect to a game
it's pretty fun. You're given a choice - put more time in or pay upfront for the lure of more immediate gratification. I'm not a fan but there's an argument (for another thread perhaps?) that it generates a steadier source of income for developers to continuously develop the games...

But, and this is where I don the tin-foil hat and attempt to make my point, what if they did find a way to add micro-transactions to the sp game to advance the plot a little faster? What if the infrastructure for this was in game already? The example I would give relates to the war table - lots of timed missions that affect your in-game experience & relationships between characters, lasting from a few minutes to a few hours - story quests or gathering resources etc:

Towards end game I actually had two missions with maybe 10+ hours left to complete on each of them by the time that I was ready to start on the last couple of missions - this left me with a few choices:

1 - finish the game when I had the time & was in the mood for it :)
2 - wait overnight for the war table quests to complete then finish the game the following day
3 - forget about completing the game and continue on with the open world aspect
4 - etc etc

I wanted to finish the main story
and start again on nightmare difficulty, making a few decisions differently etc :)

Now, left unchecked, it's worrying how close the war table aspect of the game is to the model where gamers could pay to unlock content that little bit quicker. Would I have paid to finish the last few missions on the war table to get a more rounded story? No (of course) but you could see the argument that if it's acceptable to wait a few hours for time to pass on a sp war table quest then why not allow those who want the opportunity of paying to unlock it that much quicker? It's unacceptable but I feel not impossible...

Reedirect

Dorian's character arc is actually surprisingly good. Didn't like him much at first, but I'm glad I kept visiting him until his Inner Circle missions.

Sometimes the AI is like raiding with a really terrible PUG.

"Lightning field that surrounds us and only does damage if it interacts with another lightning field? Time to group up!" :D :D :D

CGwizz

I am level 11 and still no sign of the Specializations for the character , i am still in haven and i didnt choose that mage templar mission.

When do i get it.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
I am level 11 and still no sign of the Specializations for the character , i am still in haven and i didnt choose that mage templar mission.

When do i get it.
There's a war table operation that will bring the specialization trainers to Skyhold.

Badgerst3

24 hours in. Into Skyhold and now starting Crestwood.

Question: can I push through the main quest line for a while or will I have to keep doing side quests to gain power and then move on?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Emprise du Lion keep was awesome, its looooooooooong

samn

24 hours in. Into Skyhold and now starting Crestwood.

Question: can I push through the main quest line for a while or will I have to keep doing side quests to gain power and then move on?

You will probably have to do a fair bit of sidequests. The main story missions will tell you which level you should be at when you get to them.

Playing with a gamepad in PC. Is there any way to select my entire party at once like there was in the previous 2 games? It's annoying having to instruct each individual member to move to a point when I'm trying to move the battle to a more advantageous area.

Zukuu

Banned
Are the 2 other upgrades for Skyhold just for the sake of it? I can't determine an actual benefit. Also, after you have all 3, are additional logging stands and quarries for nothing?

How is the necromancy tree? Walking bomb seems interesting on paper. I'm interested mostly because of Dorian.

What is Vivienne's specialty? For some reason she doesn't have one right now, but probably because I haven't been using her?

Zukuu

Banned
How is the necromancy tree? Walking bomb seems interesting on paper. I'm interested mostly because of Dorian.

What is Vivienne's specialty? For some reason she doesn't have one right now, but probably because I haven't been using her?

Walking Bomb is really good. The rest not so much. It's worth it if you have already covered the basic spells (Chain Lightning, Lightning Cage and Barrier + upgrade and Dispel). Otherwise, I'd spec those first before going into the Necromancer tree.

She is a Knight Enchanter, the most broken spec in the game - at least if you manually play it. Characters unlock their specialization once you have them in your active party.

Tukker

after building the watch towers and killing the wolves there is no more quest marker on my "get horses for the inquisition" quest, does this mean its bugged?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom