• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zukuu

Banned
I haven't bought the game yet, but this class seems like the most interesting to me. Why is it so powerful?
Do damage = get barrier. (KE tree)
Sacrifice barrier = deal more damage. (Fire tree)
...basically, it keeps itself active as long as you keep attacking, making you nigh immortal.

That is at its core - you can spec around to make it even better. e.g. Crit = no cooldown on next spell etc

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
huh actually died against the last
dragon
:/

dorian my rezer died and it went downhill from there. is there a way to
get down to the pit without falling and having to waste pots from the fall damage
?

Damerman

Haha. I just crafted this armor for Varric. He is now the biggest tank in my party lol. Sadly I haven't found a "+20% damage when not hit for 5 seconds" fade-touched mastercraft material.

In case you don't know, "Silverrite" gives the armor "ignore class restriction". A tier 3 metal. Now he can wear the best armor in the game (dwarf, warrior only). There are similar things for cloth armors (I imagine for Leather as well).
Sooo cool.
Im gonna enjoy the heck out of this crafting system.

somesang

Just unlocked "In Your Heart Shall Burn" in the main quest and I'm underleveled. Level 8 with the rest of the party levels 6-7. Playing on nightmare difficulty, trebuchets are rocking my socks. Should I just do side-quests to level up? Trying not to be overpowered before I unlock specializations. I want the specializations unlocked before I really explore I guess. Just hoping there's plenty of content to plow through. Opinions?

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
Just unlocked "In Your Heart Shall Burn" in the main quest and I'm underleveled. Level 8 with the rest of the party levels 6-7. Playing on nightmare difficulty, trebuchets are rocking my socks. Should I just do side-quests to level up? Trying not to be overpowered before I unlock specializations. I want the specializations unlocked before I really explore I guess. Just hoping there's plenty of content to plow through. Opinions?

You can just respec for very cheap, I wouldn't worry about that.

I think my only real complaint with this game is that the zones aren't interconnected.

I mean, I get that the world map serves to block off locked areas, and allows for a diversity of terrain and climate without having to program logical transitions, but it'd be awesome to just be able to walk from one end of the world map to another.

Minor gripe though, amazing game.

Another thing: I'm 15 hours in and I haven't used my horse even once. I like walkin'.

Bessy67

I think my only real complaint with this game is that the zones aren't interconnected.

I mean, I get that the world map serves to block off locked areas, and allows for a diversity of terrain and climate without having to program logical transitions, but it'd be awesome to just be able to walk from one end of the world map to another.

Another thing: I'm 15 hours in and I haven't used my horse even once. I like walkin'.
That's just how Bioware usually does their games. There's a hub (Athkatla, Ebon Hawk, Normandy/Citadel, DA:O camp, Skyhold) and a bunch of areas to travel to. And yeah, horses are pretty useless. It is pretty funny riding around on a giant nug though.

Zukuu

Banned
Gonna say, if the schematics would be better spread out (tier 2 => tier 3 in particular), this would be one of the best crafting systems I know of.

My newest beauty for Tank Cassandra:
screenshotwin32_0007_arejj.png
(Walking Fortress = Invincibility)

That's just how Bioware usually does their games. There's a hub (Athkatla, Ebon Hawk, Normandy/Citadel, DA:O camp, Skyhold) and a bunch of areas to travel to. And yeah, horses are pretty useless. It is pretty funny riding around on a giant nug though.

yeah, I know. I've played pretty much all of their RPGs, and this is the first time I've had the urge to have connected areas. I think it has to do with the fact that this game is their best in terms of mobility. You move pretty quickly, you can jump to higher terrain etc.

Their other RPGs tend to be more sluggish and stiff in terms of non-combat player control, so I haven't felt the need to explore as much.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
and 10/10 of the nasty bastards :)

great loot on the last one

Lol 59 minute dragon fight and died with a sliver of his hp remaining, not even mad but probably wont try again my party were 18 and i was 19, dragon was 21 with
Shields and adds
. Was fun but i think ill come back later for once.
edit: also my main MC died because of dragon movement flipped her up in the air onto 1hp nice

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick

I've always kind of preferred areas set up like this versus one huge world. That said I'm sure Bioware considered it but seeing as this is a cross gen game, PS3/360 would have burned trying to do that.

I've always kind of preferred areas set up like this versus one huge world. That said I'm sure Bioware considered it but seeing as this is a cross gen game, PS3/360 would have burned trying to do that.

Oh no doubt!

The original Dragon Age ran pretty rough on last gen consoles, I can't imagine how Inquisition must sputter along. On current gen though I'm really happy with the way it runs. Probably Bioware's smoothest console release, next to MDK2 on Dreamcast of course.

So what is everyone's suggestion on what class to play as?

I like archer, because you can move and attack at the same time. This game has terrain of different heights, so it's fun to move around. I usually play as a mage, but I didn't like the way they have to stand still while casting.

With melee, I find the combat to be a little hectic. When you get right up in there there's so much going on that it can get a little 'busy' and hard to follow. As an archer I like that I can keep moving and stay at a distance to see what's going on.

Having said that, people are having a blast as all different classes. I don't think there's really a dud in this game.

Zukuu

Banned
"This might interest you ser".
No it doesn't. I ignored you a 100 times already FOR A REASON, NOW SHUT THE FUCK UP!

Seriously, why did they make the Req Officer constantly harassing you? Why not make it passive, like fucking every other quest in the game? For maker's sake. >_>

Smiley90

Stop shitting on my team. Start shitting on my finger.
I completely botched my perks. I'm kinda all over the place. Really wish you could respec them.

Influence bug is the only one I abused for that reason.

go buy influence at seller, sell back the book right away - get money back, still get the influence.

Rhaknar

and all zones cleared, no quests left besides requisitions, and stupid map things. Also opened all the shard doors, last one is electricity bonus and some nice loot, a head for Bull, a dagger (daggers..) and electricity resistance belt

time to finish the game then. Might cheese the last few war table missions by changing the system timer just to see if theres any more actual quests that open up before I finish the game

Dresden

Tempest makes Deathblow absolutely amazing. Flask of Fire makes it so it has no cooldown and no energy wasted. You just spam it. It takes down even the toughest guys once they get to 50%.

Yeah. Leaning towards the Tempest since stamina has been such a issue for me. It'll depend on how much some of the sabotage talents help.

I think this party banter glitch is killing my enjoyment of the game. After going 10 hours on my first character with zero party interaction, I restarted to fix the issue. The starting group conversed a few times in about an hour of wandering through the Hinterlands but I'm so paranoid about not getting the "correct" amount of banter that I may just wait for a patch.

Yeah same here. I keep swapping around my party members to see if someone will trigger a conversation but it seem like the only time I get a little banter is occasionally after a side quest. I really feel like I'm missing out on a lot of good content.

Is the bug PC version only?

Nope, I've got this bug on PS4.

Semper88

Yeah. Leaning towards the Tempest since stamina has been such a issue for me. It'll depend on how much some of the sabotage talents help.

Spec assassin and also get the "crit restores stamina" from the tree that has poisen etc.

I'm lvl 20 tho and crit alot so dunno how that works for lower lvl.

Bessy67

Got two of the dialogue perks so far, thinking about focusing on Leliana's perks to open up Deft Hands.
I have deft hands and I like it since I hate when there are things I can't loot, but honestly I haven't gotten anything that great from locked doors.

Philippo

Just tried KE for the first time with some respecing and damn, that thing is op as hell.
I don't even know what other party members use anymore.

Tukker

Manual the skills in your party that have increased guard breaking damage.
Yea I will try that, my biggest issue though is that my party members love to headbut the fire and iceballs that these dragons spew and instantly die because of it. I can't avoid it with 4 chars at once I think.

Rhaknar

oh hai
Flemeth
:)

its a character spoiler so click at your own risk

Rhaknar

See, this is a example of terrible spoiler use. We have no idea what you're referring to until we actually click it. :p

if youre worried about spoilers, you shouldnt be clicking them? but fine I changed it

megalowho

Got two of the dialogue perks so far, thinking about focusing on Leliana's perks to open up Deft Hands.
Don't forget that by recruiting agents you can negate the 'x points needed to unlock' prerequisites, as each agent counts for one point in the field they're assigned to. I unlocked Deft Hands with only the dialogue perk, the resource gathering perk + agents about halfway through the game.

Well, I discovered that I could handle most of the things in the Hissing Wastes at level 12 (normal difficulty). So I started poking around and noticed there are tombs. And these tombs have puzzles. Solve the puzzle and you get a piece of a key and some seriously good loot.

So.... I just had to do them all (except for the dragon, because level 20). And now I have all these insane crafting recipes that pretty much break the game for me. I can use everything I can craft, and getting the materials is pretty simple when you can just send dudes out on resource missions.

So I guess now I have to play on hard. Or whatever the next difficulty is.

Zukuu

Banned
Well, I discovered that I could handle most of the things in the Hissing Wastes at level 12 (normal difficulty). So I started poking around and noticed there are tombs. And these tombs have puzzles. Solve the puzzle and you get a piece of a key and some seriously good loot.

So.... I just had to do them all (except for the dragon, because level 20). And now I have all these insane crafting recipes that pretty much break the game for me. I can use everything I can craft, and getting the materials is pretty simple when you can just send dudes out on resource missions.

So I guess now I have to play on hard. Or whatever the next difficulty is.
Did the same at level 13... on nightmare tho.

When is a good time to fight my first dragon? I'm level 10 on Nightmare.

I saw one on Western Approach that landed on the overarching bridge, which was amazing to see, then flew off somewhere.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom