• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age: Inquisition |OT| As the Blight fades, BioWare returns

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xeteh

I gots a question.

The +talent for an Archer's Full Draw says it puts the target to sleep for 20 seconds or something like that. Now, is this a sleep that works like a normal stun, or is it one of those CCs where they wake up immediately if you damage them?

The former would be pretty good, while the latter would be really shitty.

They wake up if they take damage. The AI makes a mess of it often but if you're playing the Rogue you can tend to open with FD and get a sleep off before they can screw it up... unless they have Chain Lightning.

Citadel

Maybe I've been completely blind, but has there been any mention of
Duncan
from Dragon Age: Origins?

Would love to read a codex, journal entry or interact with an NPC that at least mentions him.

Maybe I've been completely blind, but has there been any mention of
Duncan
from Dragon Age: Origins?

Would love to read a codex, journal entry or interact with an NPC that at least mentions him.

If Alistar is still a Warden in your game and you bring Blackwall with you when you first meet him, you'll hear a brief mention.

Xeteh

I think I might be done playing on Nightmare. I'm just not enjoying it much, I don't want to have to micromanage all 4 characters with Inquisition's version of the tactical camera. I used to play DA:O in Nightmare all the time but its just not doing it for me this time around.

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Is there a trick to saving Adan and Minneve? I go non stop, hit Adan first, then go over to mineve, Adan gets up and runs away. Mineve I hit the a button and rescue her, however age just lays then and catches fire. Help?

If you're thinking of the one under a log, she requires holding the button down all the way for a time, I believe.

So, if I kill my Last Dragon, do you guys think the acheev will retroactively unlock? I'm kinda doubting it, since a lot of acheevs for DA2 and ME3 that I know I've done are still locked.

CrovaxPSO

Got a question about a Blackwall-related war table mission. Spoilers!

The mission is "The Consequences of Blackwall's Lie" where I can use Josephine to "return what was taken" or Cullen to basically maintain the choice I made previously, I guess. Does Josephine's text mean that I'll be sending Blackwall back even though I went through the trouble to get him back in the first place?

Uthred

I'm curious, I don't know much about about the game after it's completed the first time but I see that a lot of you are immediately jumping into it a second time but rolling another character. What's the benefit of starting again when you can just switch to the other characters (classes) full time while you're playing the first time?

Playing through as a male inqusitior to check out the Cassandra romance. I think locking off the romance options by race or gender is a step back from Dragon Age 2. While it adds a little to verisimilitude the game sacrifices so much of it elsewhere that I think they could have done the same here. Also I wanted to try out an archer rogue (but restarted again as another mage because my need to play magic users is a sickness)

Metroidvania

People called Romanes they go the house?
Got a question about a Blackwall-related war table mission. Spoilers!

The mission is "Blackwall's Lie" where I can use Josephine to "return what was taken" or Cullen to basically maintain the choice I made previously, I guess. Does Josephine's text mean that I'll be sending Blackwall back even though I went through the trouble to get him back in the first place?

I'm not certain, but I believe it only relates to the
spoils gained from the Grey Warden Treaties

Valus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tHq-OKtrbg8&list=UUUNaZzxqEKjd03sq7_JMvWA

I need a patch so god damn desperately. This has already happened to me about half a dozen times. This specific bug. Ton of other ones too.

That happened to me, except I was fighting a level 23 high dragon in the ice place. Warped me all the way across the map into a hole that I couldn't get out of nor fast travel out of since the dragon HP bar was on the top right still, forcing me to reload.

And yes, I was pretty close to killing it. I had to put the game down for the night.

Ivory Samoan

Gold Member
I don't know if anyone mentioned this in the 300+ pages here but...
Anyone else like me who didn't play the other Dragon Age games and is now severely overwhelmed by the story?

I am not saying this like it's a bad thing, I actually love being overwhelmed by the story, but I am constantly bothered by me wanting to immediately stop and play the other ones first...

Anyone have any advise on whether or not I should stop Inquisition now (10 hours in) and beat the first two games before coming back to this one?

I think it's 100% worth it, plus watch Dawn of the Seeker - the anime movie set about 8 years before Inquisition.

There are soooo many bits of lore/tie-ins with the previous games, it's a love letter that is impossible to read unless you know the other bits of the puzzle.

Maaaaaaan, after listening to a good chunk of party banter Vivienne really doesn't seem like she gets any better.

I like her uppity attitude... I may be the only one :p

Also, as a Rift Mage she will compliment my style of play nicely as an invincible KE killing machine :D

So just did Iron Bulls quest.

the decision seemed kind of dumb. You have to make a disconnect because I could have zipped down there and slaughtered the whole lot of the Vinatari. Oh well I saved the Chargers.

Has anyone ever saw a Qunari in this game besides Iron Bull and the PC?

Is there a trick to saving Adan and Minneve? I go non stop, hit Adan first, then go over to mineve, Adan gets up and runs away. Mineve I hit the a button and rescue her, however age just lays then and catches fire. Help?

This whole scenario will be a lot less stressful now that I know
they get replaced anyway.

Just got fucked:

PNZIEkE.png

Loot I need to continue just fell into the ceiling. I am completely stuck. The only save I have from before it is like 50 minutes behind. Fucking great. Any clipping cheats out there so I can just walk through the locked door without the key?

Yeul

I'm on my third playthrough and this time with a female Lavellan mage because I need to romance Solas. Especially with a DLC I think it would be much more meaningful. The one time I go with a safe BioWare romance (Cullen) and they still manage to mess me up with a LI I didn't even pursue lmao.

Just got fucked:

Loot I need to continue just fell into the ceiling. I am completely stuck. The only save I have from before it is like 50 minutes behind. Fucking great. Any clipping cheats out there so I can just walk through the locked door without the key?

Had to repeat the whole
Siege of Adamant
because I couldn't beat the boss at the end of the
Fade
. Lost hours of progress. Fifty minutes sounds merciful.

Einbroch

Banned
Just got fucked:

This exact thing happened to me in this exact location. I had to load an auto save, but it was only a minute or so back.

Sucks, but that's why I do a hard save every 15 minutes or so.

This exact thing happened to me in this exact location. I had to load an auto save, but it was only a minute or so back.

Sucks, but that's why I do a hard save every 15 minutes or so.

Yeah, it auto saved right after. I had spent 50 minutes running around Skyhold talking to everyone and shit, which is why my previous save is so far behind.

Pancakes

hot, steaming, as melted butter slips into the cracks, drizzled with sticky sweet syrup OH GOD
How soon into the game can you meet/recruit Dorian? I don't have the game yet, but it's coming Thursday, and I'm curious. Gonna romance him. :p

If you don't waste time with sidequests in the Hinterlands you can probably meet him in 4-5 hours.

Zafir

I think I might be done playing on Nightmare. I'm just not enjoying it much, I don't want to have to micromanage all 4 characters with Inquisition's version of the tactical camera. I used to play DA:O in Nightmare all the time but its just not doing it for me this time around.
Where are you up to?

tcrunch

End of Act 1. Pretty quick if you just do story quests (as you get him from the story progressing).

Actually you can get him early if you choose
mages
, granted it's not that early compared to the end but that quest is filled with Dorios.

Maaaaaaan, after listening to a good chunk of party banter Vivienne really doesn't seem like she gets any better.

She's not here to impress you, my dear.

Yeah she really doesn't. Maybe she needs to be paired with more offensive people aka Iron Bull.

Found a trainer and was able to teleport to where I needed to go. Probably just broke the game in mysterious ways, but fuck it, didn't lose any time and all seems well.

One more question actually. Is it possible to change your class after you start the game or are you locked in it? Just curious. Like if I start as a mage, am I a mage forever?

One more question actually. Is it possible to change your class after you start the game or are you locked in it? Just curious. Like if I start as a mage, am I a mage forever?

Yup. You'd have to roll a new character if you want to play as a different class. Or just control a party member who is a different class.

Laughing Banana

Weeping Pickle
Male Rogue Elves look good wearing the rogue coat, but for by God they are so terrible looking while wearing the Inquisitor get-up. They look so sickly thin :////////////////

Just got to Skyhold and I'm getting the Champion specialization done. I feel like no matter what spec I go with I'm taking way too much damage.

Make sure to upgrade your armor as well. I wouldn't recommend Champion for anything but pure tank sword and board, if you're thinking about doing any DPS at all pick templar.

Bessy67

I don't think any of the races look good in the inquisitorial pajamas. Qunari looks like an overstuffed sausage.
Yeah I really wish there were other sets of Skyhold clothes, like you could choose from a couple different outfits for Shepard on the Normandy. It just looks so weird making big decisions in the war room or on the throne while wearing what looks like pajamas. Just let us wear the
formal clothes from the Winter Palace

Yeah I really wish there were other sets of Skyhold clothes, like you could choose from a couple different outfits for Shepard on the Normandy. It just looks so weird making big decisions in the war room or on the throne while wearing what looks like pajamas. Just let us wear the
formal clothes from the Winter Palace

Shit, I'd be happy with being able to wear my armor. My current setup is very DMC4 Dante :p

she's the smartest, most fabulous, practical and level headed character in the game. u better deal with it. vivienne >>>>>>>>>

i want to but she makes it hard

I like her uppity attitude... I may be the only one :p

I just finished listening to the banter between Sera and Vivienne and yeah, her attitude is much more enjoyable when crossing with Sera.

She's not here to impress you, my dear.

Yeah she really doesn't. Maybe she needs to be paired with more offensive people aka Iron Bull.

I'll try this next. Her and Dorian is also great but I attribute that mostly to Dorian being awesome.

PKP

Neo Member
Didn't realise you could switch out of the party gear/weapons during the ball quest until the last fight. I had been using Viviene to carry the whole team and ran out of potions ages ago, going to have to re-do the majority of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom