• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer (PC/PS4/XBO/360/PS3, Fall 2014, Open World)

SerRodrik

Not going to bother with this one until it's been out for months and I can get a read on word of mouth. Bioware's gonna have a hard time winning me back after their last few games.

A year ago I would have had to fervently hope for this to somehow turn out well and be a return to form. Now I'll be able to play Project Eternity and Torment around the same time this is released, and can be more objective about it.

Also this. The role the Dragon Age franchise previously filled is now being occupied by these, and seemingly more effectively.

Patryn

did you play DA2 on console on easy?

gameplay in DA:O and DA2 are practically identical, completely based on tactical combat. and I am quite sure inquisiton will have the same

Not really. For two major things, friendly fire was on on Nightmare difficulty in DA2, and the wave combat system and more specifically how waves spawned led to little to no emphasis on tactical positioning because you had no idea where enemies would spawn, including places where no logical enemies could come from.

Moff

Not really. For two major things, friendly fire was on on Nightmare difficulty in DA2, and the wave combat system and more specifically how waves spawned led to little to no emphasis on tactical positioning because you had no idea where enemies would spawn, including places where no logical enemies could come from.
I think we both talked about that in the latest LTTP topic, these issues are true, but can hardly be called "major things".
implenetation was lazy in DA:O and even lazier in DA2, I admit, but still, the combat is practically the same, especially on harder difficulties.

DA2 has lots of problems, combat isnt among them, if you liked combat in origins.

Hedja

Original character do not steal.

Lulu_Portrait_FFX.jpg

Dragon Age is the most incoherent game trilogy in history:

DA1: Massive RPG, tactical combat

DA2: Hack and Slash RPG

DA3: Looks like an open world RPG.

Wow.

Patryn

I think we both talked about that in the latest LTTP topic, these issues are true, but can hardly be called "major things".
implenetation was lazy in DA:O and even lazier in DA2, I admit, but still, the combat is practically the same, especially on harder difficulties.

DA2 has lots of problems, combat isnt among them, if you liked combat in origins.

Fair enough. I have no problem agreeing to disagree.

so glad to hear old cast are back (morrigan! woo!) but I'll be watching from the distance in case as I was excited for DA2 and it let me down :(

Durante

The wave spawning and design for no friendly fire completely and utterly broke tactical positioning in DA2. I could think of few things that are more major issues for a tactical, party based RPG. It was a bad game even if you completely ignore the ridiculous levels of asset reuse.

Lord Phol

did you play DA2 on console on easy?

gameplay in DA:O and DA2 are practically identical, completely based on tactical combat. and I am quite sure inquisiton will have the same

What? DA2 is basically a crappy "press A button for awesome!" buttom smaher while DA:O is more of a traditional isometric RPG.

Moff

The wave spawning and design for no friendly fire completely and utterly broke tactical positioning in DA2. .
ridicoulusly exagerrated.
DA:O had the same issues, although I admit they were even lazier in DA2, which ultimately led to more trial and error (while DA:O was already a trial&error heavy game), but I still had to heavily utilise tactical postitioning, mages die instantly when they or the tank are positioned wrong. DA2 does not work witthout it, except maybe on the console easy mode where you only have to spam the attack button.

What? DA2 is basically a crappy "press A button for awesome!" buttom smaher while DA:O is more of a traditional isometric RPG.
console easy mode, then

I was really hoping to be wowed by this trailer, but... no. And morrigan looked anorexic and her lip movement was just terrible, not even close to realistic.

Xamdou

Dragon Age Inquisition is the game I've been waiting for! Faith in EA restored a bit even though they didn't announce a Mass Effect or Kotor 3.

hemtae

Going against Project Eternity and Torment doesn't seem wise to me but giving it more development time does so meh

DC1

Will isometric be back?

I don't know. I just feel bad for them.
Their core fan base happens to be 'not on the Xbox One'. EA didn't market Fuse; Here's to MS doing their part.. Post money hat.

EDIT:
o_O I thought you typed Insomniac (maybe you did).

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
I'm cautiously optimistic. Apparently the game is barely going into production, so I hope the end result is better.

Also green ending, damn it BioWare!

Patryn

Just realized that it's no longer officially Dragon Age 3: Inquisition. It's just DA:I.

Interesting. Another step back from DA2?

KKRT00

Its actually pretty amazing that some people think that was CG trailer.
Definitely in-engine with game assets and looks gorgeous, i'm excited.

Terra_Ex

Morrigan seems to be the bait to bring in the DA:O fans

Ain't gonna bite
Literally the first thing that popped into my mind. Beyond that the trailer showed nothing of value. Surprised at the release date though, would love to see this go up against The Witcher 3. And in the unlikely event this turns out well we can rest assured that EA will turn DA4 into a cash grab though, thus restoring the balance.

Top Bottom