• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer (PC/PS4/XBO/360/PS3, Fall 2014, Open World)

Is it not troubling that a top title that is expected to be released in 2014, a year after the next gen console has come out, is going to be cross-gen.

Really, at this point what is the incentive is investing $500-600 on a new console when you can get all the games with the console you already have.

Sticking with my prediction that the Xboxone and the PS4 are going to crash and burn WiiU style.

Sentenza

I don't want to sound too biased, but goddamit... this was seriously underwhelming.
I expected them to blow me away at least when it comes to visuals, but this looks average at best.

Patryn

Is it not troubling that a top title that is expected to be released in 2014, a year after the next gen console has come out, is going to be cross-gen.

Really, at this point what is the incentive is investing $500-600 on a new console when you can get all the games with the console you already have.

Sticking with my prediction that the Xboxone and the PS4 are going to crash and burn WiiU style.

I anticipate a lot of the later crossgen titles will have added features and the like on the newer systems.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Some of you need to get your eyes checked, I'm amazed people think this is CG.

If it's CG it's shit, if it's in-engine then it has some good and bad.

Also says "actual game footage" at the start of the trailer.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Some screencaps, Morrigan's face breaks down the closer she gets, horrifying stuff.
ueHoNuZ.jpg

Qg6ypx3.png

VogzfcK.png

I9K984F.png

cge8DqW.png

Toxi

Banned
I really wish we could see some gameplay or at least some shots of the areas; Dragon Age 2's level design was notoriously bad, so it'd be nice if they could prove that they won't make the same mistakes in Dragon Age 3.

I couldn't give a shit about graphics, since the Dragon Age franchise has always been visually boring.

Haunted

Uncanny valley in full effect.

After the disappointment that was Dragon Age 2, the game will have to be spectacular to get me to give it a second look, tbh.

OnizukaII

The character design is horrible.
What did they do to Morrigan?
I hope we'll be able to mod the game, but EA likes modders as Microsoft likes used games.

What the hell did they do to Morrigan's face? As others have said, her new design looks like a cheap Lulu rip off. Her face looks next to nothing like her Origins model.

But the horror hits when she starts moving her mouth and its full on Uncanny Valley nightmare fuel. That was bordering on MoH Warfighter scary looking face.

If you had showed me this trailer a year or two ago, I probably would have been psyched. Now? Not really. Especially since they gave next to no details on the actual game when they had previously claimed they weren't going to show the game until they could show non bullshot gameplay. Even if that was all in engine, that wasn't indicative of the gameplay.

Patryn

I seriously want to like this game. This and Fallout 4 were the two games that I was most looking forward to this E3. But I really need to see gameplay. Until I see that, I have to remain at least somewhat wary.

tw1164

I loved the first one, hated the second one, and have tempered expectations for this one. I look forward to seeing more about it.

hemtae

The character design is horrible.
What did they do to Morrigan?
I hope we'll be able to mod the game, but EA likes modders as Microsoft likes used games.

I don't think Frostbite supports modding, or at least DICE doesn't anymore and their Battlefield series use to be very mod friendly.

Moff

The ending where
Morrigan has a child with your Warden
is probably going to be retconned to be canon.

to be fair, most options at the end resulted in morrigan
having a child
(if I remember correctly), and I really hope they make that the canon ending, because I think it was a pretty cool story twist, a little bit like bioshocks "would you kindly".
I'm glad they're picking this up again after the obsolete DA2.

Warcraft 3 all up this shit.

But seriously I'm right now replaying DA:O just for fun and I'm enjoying it just like I done 2 years ago. I still haven't touched DA2.

Will DA3 bring me back? Ehhhh... the trailer looked dated for being in-game. This will really depend on the writing.

Looking at the faces more clearly.. Da fuq is going on with their eyebrows? The armor looks kinda bad too. :/

They look like badly modded Sims. It seems like a step backwards.. I hope the new ME doesn't look this bad..

rockx4

Came in to look at their non gameplay trailer thinking it would be at least semi decent and was very disappointed. After DA2 I find it really hard to care about this game.

You know there's something wrong going on at BioWare when they don't even manage to nail a trailer that doesn't show gameplay footage.

Also... open-world? Is there anyone that thought *that* is what would fix Dragon Age's problems?

hateradio

The Most Dangerous Yes Man
Some screencaps, Morrigan's face breaks down the closer she gets, horrifying stuff.
Those are some freaky looking jaws.

Part of me is okay with it because it's sort of like the ugly faces of DA, but part of me would rather see some nicer proportions like those of DA2.

It's like they looked at Demon's / Dark Souls and went in the complete opposite direction as far as art design goes, cramming all the neon-colored magic and stupid looking characters they could fit into one trailer.

I mean Dark Souls makes most fantasy games look like bad '80s fantasy art but this is just ugly.

This is a little worrying. Wasn't this game supposed to be fairly far along? This iffy cinematic trailer and far-off release date is... surprising, I guess.

R1CHO

Bad trailer.

And you are the chosen one, to defeat the evil.

Yeah.

Try again Bioware, hope you show something not shitty next time.

Aaron

No more 'chosen one' bullshit. Bioware, you've milked that cow so much that it's cows for generations still unborn feel their nipples bleed.

Those are some freaky looking jaws.

Part of me is okay with it because it's sort of like the ugly faces of DA, but part of me would rather see some nicer proportions like those of DA2.

The faces in DA2 looked like hammered shit too. Everyone had huge puffy jaws.

This is a little worrying. Wasn't this game supposed to be fairly far along? This iffy cinematic trailer and far-off release date is... surprising, I guess.

Wasn't there a leaked LinkedIn profile from someone a while back saying DA3 had been delayed into 2014 because the scope of the project had changed? This would seem to confirm that.

If those are the in-engine graphics then that is a massive upgrade.

Proper open-world? Sign me up.

Yeah, its an upgrade, but it doesn't really tell you anything how the game will look when you're actually playing. And the animation on Morrigan's mouth is worrying for a game where you'll presumably be talking to people close up a lot.

The open world aspect is strange. I thought they said it was only going to be semi- open world? Are they now saying its full on open world like Skyrim? Eh... since when has BioWare ever been able to populate a world in a realistic way? Its ambitious I guess, but it would seem to fly in the face of their perceived strengths of narrative.

I want to like this game, but I think all this trailer showed me was that even with more proficient graphics on a technical level, Dragon Age's art design is pretty terrible. And when we'll have so many other RPG options next year, from TW3 to Project Eternity, why should I care about DA3?

Does BioWare plan on saying anything else about the game at E3? Or show any demo, even if its behind closed doors?

If those are the in-engine graphics then that is a massive upgrade.

Proper open-world? Sign me up.

That's my feelings on the matter, so I don't understand why people are complaining about the technical end of things, if these visuals are indeed representative. The step between DA2 and DA3 is huge.

Although I don't think I've seen a high-profile series that switches art styles so often between entries.

I'm curious to know what the 360/PS3 versions look like, now.

Top Bottom