• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Age Inquisition Trailer (PC/PS4/XBO/360/PS3, Fall 2014, Open World)

Sentenza

That's my feelings on the matter, so I don't understand why people are complaining about the technical end of things, if these visuals are indeed representative. The step between DA2 and DA3 is huge.
Because regardless of how much the polycount improved, the art direction strikes as atrocious?

Killzig

Hate the art direction like everyone else, but Bioware's trailers for this franchise almost never translate in any kind of meaningful way to the end product. Too early to get worked up about this title either way. It's another ugly DA game, no surprise there.

Vamphuntr

Varric, Cassandra and Morrigan looks different. Can't they keep the art style constant at the very least? Bonus point for no heavy metal music.

Fall 2014? They sure are taking their time with this one compared to 2. Guess they learned their lesson. Still not reassuring we haven't seen any gameplay, yet the game was apparently playable during the holidays as devs on twitter were taking builds home.

Moff

They sure are taking their time with this one compared to 2. Guess they learned their lesson.

I am glad they have.

Origins was a good game.
And I am still sure someone up at EA told them to create a dragon age sequel in 18 months, and the poor guys at bioware had to make it.

given such an absurd limit, I cant help to feel that the guys did not such a terribly bad job with DA2.
but of course people hated it no matter what, so I am glad they learned their lesson and EA gave bioware enough time for the third installment.

Lime

The desaturated orange and purple color palette of the DA series isn't visually appealing to me. The presence of it in the trailer reminded me how non-unique the world and lore are.

Also, Bioware needs better and more talented character artists and modellers. The faces of these characters look like the portfolio of a plastic surgeon's hackjobs.

Staf

Quite underwhelmed and disappointed by this trailer. I couldn't care less about the graphics they will have in the game since i don't play these kinds of games for the visuals i play them as a substitute for PnP RPGs. Heck, i wouldn't mind if they stick with the same graphics as DA:O. What i want to know is to what extent i will be able to roleplay and shape my character in the Dragon age universe.

For example, will i be able to know what the character i am roleplaying is going to say prior to saying it. Or do i have to go the route of DA2 and do trial and error with the dialogue options and keep reloading when i choose an dialogue option that is character breaking. Or is that asking too much?

Top Bottom