• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ adds Yamcha and Tenshinhan + original character Android 21

Good art and I RTed most of it, but I can't help but feel a little bad that a comparatively tame and non-sexualized female character design, especially by ArcSys fighter standards, got immediately described as being busty by leakers and got the usual T H I C C waifu treatment that seems to come with the territory of every new popular female game character recently. Its becoming kinda routine on gaf and twitter.

On topic, I should have expected Yamcha to be a speedy rushdown type character, but there's now a high chance that we might see an upper tier yamcha, as that archetype tends to be really good, and that's just scary.

NeonZ

people keep saying this but his DBS gi was bland looking

it's his early DBZ outfit

It's his DBS gi. Both are similar looking, but it uses black strings tying the bottom of his pants, and that's from DBS. He's buffer than in Super though.

SilverArrow20XX

Walks in the Light of the Crystal
The whole distinction between androids and cyborgs in Dragonball is a bit confusing.

Is it? Cyborgs are modified humans. Androids are all machines made from scratch. 17, 18, and 20 are Cyborgs. The rest are Androids. Though 20 is a bit of a special case since he just put his brain in a android body.

We'll get Super characters in DBFZ 2.
We'll get movie/GT characters in DBFZ 3.

There's no way they don't put Super in. It's been making the most money since Z peaked in popularity way back when. Besides, we already have moves from various Super arcs for Super Saiyan Blue Goku and Vegeta. I still consider Beerus from Z since Battle of Gods debuted in 2013 (same for Golden Freeza in Resurrection F), but I'd say Hit and Black could easily be on roster.

Anyways, it's a small detail, but I like how they gave Yamcha his hair style from Super with his classic Gi. Having his bandit costume was a pipe dream, but I'm just glad he's in the game.

JackelZXA

Krillen got 18. He is objectively better than Tien.
But...is Launch better than 18?
image.png

Jezan

I would have taken so many other characters over Yamcha...

Me too :(

Android 21's outfit is ridiculous. Looks like that Star Ocean witch. Also I don't like the idea of an OC, there's so many characters to choose from and we get Yamcha and an OC. The stupid weak human is already covered by Krillin.

BTW are characters from the movies allowed or they are non-canon? I mean, there is Zangya for the busty woman with bushy hair. (it's also orange as A21)

Android 21's outfit is ridiculous. Looks like that Star Ocean witch. Also I don't like the idea of an OC, there's so many characters to choose from and we get Yamcha and an OC. The stupid weak human is already covered by Krillin.

Just for this I hope Hercule, Yajirobe, and Master Roshinvall make it in.

Jezan

Just for this I hope Hercule, Yajirobe, and Master Roshinvall make it in.
Whoops, sorry if you think I hate those, but Mr. Satan, Yajirobe and Roshi are infinitely more interesting than Krillin. Yajirobe and Mr. Satan were really fun in Budokai Tenkaichi.

Tao Pai Pai is also interesting and would be a nice additon.

Is it? Cyborgs are modified humans. Androids are all machines made from scratch. 17, 18, and 20 are Cyborgs. The rest are Androids. Though 20 is a bit of a special case since he just put his brain in a android body.

17 and 18 are not even Cyborgs though since they have no mechanical parts. They're more like enhanced humans than cyborgs really.

Giga Man

Ayyy lmao it's been a while since I heard that name.

He was legit tho.

Legit until the Star Fox X Metroid cross-over. I'm still waiting.
Not.

I hope we see more characters at TGS besides these three. We need more villains ASAP.

I'm always thrown off by that.

They realized DBZ build Krillin fits better.

Everyone was buffer in Z. I'm always thrown off by how slimmer everyone seems to be in Super compared to their Z counterparts.

N30RYU

Gold Member
I just need Mystic Gohan, Gotenks and Kid Buu to be announced.

Broly, Beerus, Black Goku and Hit would be great too.

So, 21 isn't a cyborg like 17 and 18?

17 and 18 are not cyborgs. A cyborg would have machine parts in them. They don't. They're biologically enhanced humans.

AH9LpFf.png

So IMO the question "Why does 21 have glasses" doesn't make much sense. For all we know she could have normal organic human eyes just like 17 and 18 and she could just happen to have an eye disorder.

ajim

Can't we just get something cool like super saiyan nappa or super saiyan raditz or something and forget the losers like tien and krillen?

Spman2099

Krillen got 18. He is objectively better than Tien.

Tenshinhan got Launch... and tossed her aside. Tenshinhan is better than all women. He knows it and they know it. That is why 18 didn't even try with Tenshinhan, she was afraid of being rejected.

He does have a thing for tiny mimes, though...

How can they justify Yamcha and not Tao pai pai

How can you justify your posts. You can't. It isn't possible.

Though I WOULD love it if Tao Pai Pai made the cut.

Top Bottom