• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Watch Battle of gods and Resurrection F movies then start super at episode 28.
I've actually been meaning to get into Super but keep putting it off. I've seen both those movies.

Is there any reason in particular I should skip the first 27 episodes though? Wouldn't I feel lost in the story?
Not as super.

An assist like Sorbet for Frieza, he'd paralyze the enemy when Tien is about to get the final hit that would kill him. :D
That could definitely happen lol :D

If Tiens in.

God I hope he's in.
I hope so too :(

Fortunately, he's a major part of the crew so he seems quite likely.

Real Hero

I've actually been meaning to get into Super but keep putting it off. I've seen both those movies.

Is there any reason in particular I should skip the first 27 episodes though? Wouldn't I feel lost in the story?

They are bad retellings (for the most part), ep 28 follows on from the movies basically

kewlmyc

Why would I be? The fact is many fans like Bardock. And a lot like Broly, and he has no real character other than being a big baby

I thought you were being sarcastic because I never heard of this huge Bardock fanbase before. I know Broly is really popular for reasons, but never knew Bardock was that popular.

Slaythe

The first 27 episodes are a low budget retelling of the movies.... It didn't go well.

So start right at 28. Anything that is different and noteworthy will be in the recap episode that is like episode 29 or something anyway.

Balfour

Wait what - Beerus and SSJ Blue? How will those matchups work then? i.e. SSJ Vegita vs Beerus? Severe asskicking match?

It doesn't matter how strong you are in fighting games.

Sol Badguy should stomp most of the fighters in GG, but its not portrayed that way in gameplay

hope you are being sarcastic

quoted the wrong post

but regardless, its worth more to put those resources to another fighter than a combo

If balance is a problem and fusion character have to have their own slot then, with the exception of Goku Black, I'd rather they not use them. Might as well bring in some lesser known characters.

Wait what - Beerus and SSJ Blue? How will those matchups work then? i.e. SSJ Vegita vs Beerus? Severe asskicking match?

I do love how some people can get really serious when talking about the power levels in Dragonball Z but in fighting games they are like screw it I just want to have fun, give me Hercule beating up Beerus.

Balfour

If balance is a problem and fusion character have to have their own slot then, with the exception of Goku Black, I'd rather they not use them. Might as well bring in some lesser known characters.

Probably won't happen sadly

at the end of the day $$$ counts the most. The more marketable characters get in over anything

If it came down to Tao Pai Pai or Raditz, they would pick Raditz

Negator

Please no Bardock. Complete waste of space.

Perhaps the more limited roster this game will have over the typical DB game will keep that nonsense out.

butman

Look at those.

Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Gohan-Cell-739x384.jpg
Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-Goku-kicks-Cell-739x384.jpg
Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-vs-Manga-Goku-Freezer-739x384.jpg

They're a bunch of kicks and punches. And yet...

This is amazing!

kewlmyc

Actual power levels don't matter in fighting games. If that was the case, Oni/Akuma would have killed most of the SF universe, Superman would be unstoppable in Injustice 1 and 2, and Slayer and Sol Badguy would be unstoppable in Guilty Gear.

Hell, they could do what Slayer/Rachel/Elizabeth do in other fighting games and have the "knocked down" state be them lounging on the ground without a care in the world because this fight is nothing to them.

I do love how some people can get really serious when talking about the power levels in Dragonball Z but in fighting games they are like screw it I just want to have fun, give me Hercule beating up Beerus.

Its almost like they want a fighting game.

Don't see why people think Tien and Yamcha wouldn't be in, given how central they are to Dragon Ball.
Particularly Tien as he has some pretty unique moves like multi form, dodon ray, tri-beam and the GOAT solar flare.

They've been passed over before, it can happen again.

Hercule did beat Beerus you Red Ribbon plants, just like he defeated Cell and made Buu his pupil.

😂 Honestly, characters like Mr. Satan, Launch, Roshi, Dabura ...they're all great for this type of game. I do think they'll focus on making it a great fighting game over fanservice, but I'm also guessing that they want to include the more recognizable cast. Of the characters many have excluded, I think Mr. Satan has by far the best chance of sneaking onto the roster. It really all depends on what the focus is regarding Super and Movie characters...

Alienous

Dabura has to make it in.

Not every character can be a human-looking person that punches things.

A sword wielding devil isn't something you pass up when you're trying to have a varied fighting game roster.

HardRojo

The Budokai games already did this. Gotenks and Vegito played way differently than Goku/Vegeta and Trunks/Goten.

That's exactly what I mean. It doesn't matter if they're their own character or they go the route you propose, ASW would have to create a moveset for the new character, so it's just better to add them as their own character.

I cant name any of the characters in DBZ, but I'm aware of the cartoon. With that said, I may be interested in this game. To me, resembles Street Fighter but with DBZ characters.

I cant name any of the characters in DBZ, but I'm aware of the cartoon. With that said, I may be interested in this game. To me, resembles Street Fighter but with DBZ characters.
You're gonna be in for disappointment though, if you think this is gonna play anything like Street Fighter.

It's looking like a cross between Guilty Gear Xrd and Marvel vs Capcom 3.

Sephzilla

They put Broly in this game

No the title doesn't mean they're being attacked by every Saiyan ever, it means it covers the events of the Saiyan Arc.

If they threw Broly's ass in there they'll throw him in anywhere they damn well please

Well, technically they were though

*Shifts nerd glasses*

Daingurse

All these manga references make me so happy.

Can't wait to see more characters! Really looks like everybody will be on-point. Hoping one of my unlikely favorites will get in. I was not kidding when I said I wanted Zarbon haha. Nappa at least should have a chance!

Top Bottom