• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Havok1313

Got the email too, it's not a code to get into the beta guys. It's like...a code to have a better chance of getting into the beta. Weird.

Anyone in EU got in? Just hoping we didn't get the emails yet and it's not just me being out of luck lol.

Nothing too.

giphy.webp

I played this game at PAX yesterday. Went back in line twice since the queues weren't that long. Got a cool pin since I beat my little brother :p

And then I beat him again the second time, but I let him keep that pin so we both got one.

I got to try Frieza, Cell, Vegeta and Gohan - Frieza was my favorite with the move set that he had.

I thought PAX was early this year.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Does the beta last for 2 days, 16-17 (saturday and sunday) or it starts on those days and lasts longer?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
its only those two days, and only for certain blocks of time during them.

so they are NOT pulling a blizzard then? lol

I thought for a second "oh it starts on the 17th? because what other vs game comes out oh... 2 days later"

If they are gonna have just one Gohan, they will go with the most iconic version (SS2 from Cell Games aka Teen Gohan as he was called in previous games)

I don't have high hopes on a second Gohan

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
I missed it! What did they show? Nothing new I know but any exciting matches?

Just the devs playing a few matches.

and i'm not sure if they hinted at changeable supers or not... also the hosts asked about Super characters and Bandai said "well i don't wanna confirm anything but Golden Frieza is in so...."

Nimby

Banned
So, this isn't to get into the beta. I signed up with a ton of emails and didn't get a single code so I was pretty sad, so thanks for making me sad over nothing :(

Neoxon

So, this isn't to get into the beta. I signed up with a ton of emails and didn't get a single code so I was pretty sad, so thanks for making me sad over nothing :(
For reference, I only sent one submission a few hours after NA sign-ups opened.

mas8705

and i'm not sure if they hinted at changeable supers or not... also the hosts asked about Super characters and Bandai said "well i don't wanna confirm anything but Golden Frieza is in so...."

There wasn't even a mention of the Blues? You'd think they would have been all over the "And if you preorder DBFZ, you can unlock SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta early."

HardRojo

Hit, Goku Black and Beerus incoming! Please! Any way to watch it? You can't rewind on Twitch, can you?

mas8705

Beerus is a given, it's really Hit & Goku Black who I'm remotely concerned for.

I'd like to think that at least Hit stands a good chance. Goku Black I'd say is a coin flip due to how "DBFZ takes place BEFORE the Goku Black Arc," if I am recalling that detail correctly from the other week.

Sn4ke_911

There wasn't even a mention of the Blues? You'd think they would have been all over the "And if you preorder DBFZ, you can unlock SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta early."

They mentioned the Blues as early unlock if you pre-order.

The same PR talk as always.

Nothing new really.

Neoxon

I'd like to think that at least Hit stands a good chance. Goku Black I'd say is a coin flip due to how "DBFZ takes place BEFORE the Goku Black Arc," if I am recalling that detail correctly from the other week.
That was from a 4chan rumor (that's probably fake), nothing official. Plus said rumor said during the Goku Black arc, not before.

Sn4ke_911

The funny thing is the Bandai PR guy said i like Black Goku but he totally meaned the outfit colour lol.

mas8705

That was from a 4chan rumor (that's probably fake), nothing official. Plus said rumor said during the Goku Black arc, not before.

Ah Apologies then. I think I read it on here that someone wrote "Before." In fairness though, considering the amount of moves that Blue Vegeta has based on his fight against Goku Black, I'd like to think that would have been the kicker in Black's favor.

They mentioned the Blues as early unlock if you pre-order.

The same PR talk as always.

Nothing new really.

Probably should have figured... Well it was like what was said earlier, TGS is around the corner, so we just need to wait for it for more possible details.

NeonZ

If they are gonna have just one Gohan, they will go with the most iconic version (SS2 from Cell Games aka Teen Gohan as he was called in previous games)

I don't have high hopes on a second Gohan

People expect a 2nd Gohan because the site's URL lists Gohan as "Gohan-Y" (Gohan Youth, like Cell Games Gohan has been called in the last few games), not just "Gohan". The only other characters listed like that are Goku (goku-ss), Vegeta (Vegeta-ss) and Majin Buu (majinboo-z). Two out of those already have confirmed alternates.

Anth0ny

Beerus is a given, it's really Hit & Goku Black who I'm remotely concerned for.

The big question is whether they finalized the roster before or after the Universe 6/Goku Black arcs... because SSB Goku and SSB Vegeta's movesets are full of stuff from each.

Top Bottom