• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsN_1OWrvYc

Max's new 18 breakdown. The Krillin thing is so dope, based ArkSys

This game is my most hyped/looking forward to for 2018

This game looks so crazy good.

2017-09-0321_29_18-anxoqmi.png

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
DBZF doesnt have pushblock, thats... interesting.

Its legit interesting, im not trying to be cute. I had just assumed it would have it since it seems to rushdown oriented.

Nimby

Banned
anyone got links for Frieza and Majin Buu breakdowns?

I don't think there is much. Frieza has a lot of potential, his transformation gives him an extra airdash plus some other attributes. and you can transform during combos. He's got a lot of zoning projectiles, if you could cancel like you can in GGXrd, then those would be good tools for pressure.

I don't think anyone has done much on Buu.

Rutger

Banned
DBZF doesnt have pushblock, thats... interesting.

Its legit interesting, im not trying to be cute. I had just assumed it would have it since it seems to rushdown oriented.

Either something has changed, or Max overlooked it. I know it was mentioned that the projectile deflect can also be used as pushblock in early impressions.
https://docs.google.com/document/d/13sbcUfO9xwqquLugyfsYfF5zD0vByK8s0rTpmTIwL4M/edit
Deflect is known mostly for sending away basic ki blasts, it also pushblocks mids (maybe overheads). Lows will blow it up. I do not know if deflect adds or removes frame advantage.

mas8705

As much as I don't want to do this, I'm sadly going to give up on the possibility of getting a code at this point.

Don't get me wrong, if one does pop up, I'll take it, but I feel like I'm going to be S.O.L. on it unless if someone really takes pity on me. All I ask guys is to post some damn good matches.

Nimby

Banned
As much as I don't want to do this, I'm sadly going to give up on the possibility of getting a code at this point.

Don't get me wrong, if one does pop up, I'll take it, but I feel like I'm going to be S.O.L. on it unless if someone really takes pity on me. All I ask guys is to post some damn good matches.

It's just a VIP code, not the code to get into the actual beta. Those haven't been sent out yet.

kewlmyc

Didn't get an invite (yet at least).

I'm just looking forward to people learning how the game works so I can see some crazy footage. All the dropped combos and low damage so far in footage from devs had me somewhat worried.

OptimusLime

Wow the begging is real.

On an unrelated note, Im surprised we arent getting more new pics/gifs since a bunch of people apparently got beta access.

Can you pre order PC and get SSGSSJ Kakarotto and Vegeta early access? Doesn't seem like the beta extends to the PC version either.

Very likely. Xenoverse 1 and 2's pre-order bonuses applied to the PC version as well, neither having a beta on the platform. SSGSS Goku/Vegeta seem to be more like the Super Future Trunks pre-order bonus for Xenoverse 2, where you simply get them from the start without having to unlock them, if you were to pre-order. Steam store pages take a while to show up for certain games, sometimes ...for whatever reason.

Very likely. Xenoverse 1 and 2's pre-order bonuses applied to the PC version as well, neither having a beta on the platform. SSGSS Goku/Vegeta seem to be more like the Super Future Trunks pre-order bonus for Xenoverse 2, where you simply get them from the start without having to unlock them, if you were to pre-order. Steam store pages take a while to show up for certain games, sometimes ...for whatever reason.

Looks like you can order the day one edition through amazon and get SSGSSJ kakarotto and vegita. Too bad about the beta though.

https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Ball-FighterZ-PC/dp/B072MK1CKW?th=1

Nimby

Banned
Didn't get an invite (yet at least).

I'm just looking forward to people learning how the game works so I can see some crazy footage. All the dropped combos and low damage so far in footage from devs had me somewhat worried.

XRD looked very similar when it first launched too.

Have you seen this combo max did with Piccolo? That's only just scratching the surface and it looks pretty sweet.

TagZ

Sorry if this has already been stated but are these codes just for PS4 version? I got a notification on Xbox Insider Hub that says I'm eligible but still says

"Please keep in mind we have a limited number of spots available for this Beta, and be sure to watch out for another announcement from us in early September"

TFW no VIP code. It's cool, the restricted time slots seem kinda annoying. Either way, I'll get my fill in the open beta in January. I'll just suffer in the mean time haha.

Top Bottom