• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball FighterZ - Characters, Specials, and Stages Discussion

Funny enough, I was complaining about not getting the VIP code and saying I never getting into these kinds of things. Yesterday, I checked my other email and found out I had a Dissidia FF code. Too bad the beta ended already.

it just wasn't meant to be~

Clean ass renders though.

J4g3r

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rH2XGsK2BEQ

So I'm guessing each character have their own theme now? Bandai Namco just put up a trailer for Goku with a song I haven't heard yet from the game.

Looks like everyone's getting the same treatment:

nigvyJa.png

bumpkin

No code yet here on either platform. If beta selection is at all tied to having played any recent DBZ games, that would explain why I haven't gotten a code. I haven't played one since the last good one on PS2, Budokai 3.

is it february yet?

i'm still waiting on at least a rough estimate of the roster size from arc

if we don't get a new character at tgs i might actually die

TheMunin

Neo Member
So I got hold of one of the collectors editions on Amazon but they say they will be shipped on December 2018. I'm assuming that's just a placeholder date cause if not wooboy.
Tentative release right now is February right?

There's no way we aren't getting a character reveal at TGS. Seeing as we've pretty much gotten multiple characters revealed every month, I would say at least two are likely. I'm also gonna place my bets on 27 as the roster size.

chaosaeon

What's Xenoverse 3 gonna do now ? I know they aren't in competition as fighting games necessarily (different audience in the gameplay sense). But they have overlap both being DBZ games. Think Xenoverse 3 will honestly come out recycling those hot garbage visuals for a third time knowing people have seen this ?

What's Xenoverse 3 gonna do now ? I know they aren't in competition as fighting games necessarily (different audience in the gameplay sense). But they have overlap both being DBZ games. Think Xenoverse 3 will honestly come out recycling those hot garbage visuals for a third time knowing people have seen this ?

Of course they're gonna recycle it lol

They will focus more on Super I think. There are so many new fighters in Super that they can have entire Xenoverse 3 based on Super and still have more characters than Xenoverse 2. I hope Super gets popular enough for them to base the game entirely on it.
Jirren, Toppo, Dyspo, Caulifla, Kale, Brianne etc etc. There are just too many fighters introduced in Universe tournament.

Sephzilla

I'd welcome a Xenoverse game that is mostly focused on DB Super content. I'm honestly kind of tired of rehashing the Z arcs. Either that or I want Xenoverse to go completely off the wall with time travel butterfly effect shit. Like, you cause something that stops Goku from dying at the hands of Raditz and now you have to go and kill Goku. Or you kill Cell instead of Gohan, and now the entire Buu saga is fucked up because none of the Saiyans know what Super Saiyan 2 is yet

They will focus more on Super I think. There are so many new fighters in Super that they can have entire Xenoverse 3 based on Super and still have more characters than Xenoverse 2. I hope Super gets popular enough for them to base the game entirely on it.
Jirren, Toppo, Dyspo, Caulifla, Kale, Brianne etc etc. There are just too many fighters introduced in Universe tournament.
Lots of them were fodder tho.

tien is a waste of a character slot, even moreso than android 17 would be

Delete this. Tenshinhan would be hella unique.

I'd welcome a Xenoverse game that is mostly focused on DB Super content. I'm honestly kind of tired of rehashing the Z arcs. Either that or I want Xenoverse to go completely off the wall with time travel butterfly effect shit. Like, you cause something that stops Goku from dying at the hands of Raditz and now you have to go and kill Goku. Or you kill Cell instead of Gohan, and now the entire Buu saga is fucked up because none of the Saiyans know what Super Saiyan 2 is yet

This sounds awesome. I would be so down for this. As much as a mess of what-if fanfic nonsense Heroes is (from the little I know of it), at least it seems like it isn't scary to go insane and off the walls with Dragon Ball lore.

Give me Tien, Yamcha, Roshi, Hit, and Beerus and I'll be fine even if thats all.
Also if they're bullshitting a civilian into a fighter ChiChi>>>>Bulma
Rocket launchers and Kiaoken yes please.

Delete this. Tenshinhan would be hella unique.

This sounds awesome. I would be so down for this. As much as a mess of what-if fanfic nonsense Heroes is (from the little I know of it), at least it seems like it isn't scary to go insane and off the walls with Dragon Ball lore.

I've always wanted an off the wall story like this but it will never happen. When the Xenoverse games came out and they were known to have unique stories I was excited but we basically got the same story with random dumbass events happening. Ooo look Cell's eyes are glowing red because he's being powered by some mysterious person......who cares.

I've always dreamt of a "what if" story where Goku never hit his head as a kid and was a blood thirsty sayian. Or us playing as tern Gohan who has to go after a rogue Goku whose now become the emperor of the universe.

I would love a crazy set up like that but we get the shit ass Xenoverse stories that are so irrelevant.

LotusHD

Banned

Y'all ain't ready for Sorrel in a fighting game

I would love a crazy set up like that but we get the shit ass Xenoverse stories that are so irrelevant.

Budokai had some fun ones, like Vegeta turning Super Saiyan and beating Goku in the saiyan saga, Cell absorbing Krillin, and some others. Those are probably my favorite story mode sections of that game.

Budokai had some fun ones, like Vegeta turning Super Saiyan and beating Goku in the saiyan saga, Cell absorbing Krillin, and some others. Those are probably my favorite story mode sections of that game.

Yea I loved the Budokai games, I even enjoyed the 2nd one with the board game. They had fun with the "What if stories." They were side distractions that played well. Xenoverse was supposed to be the big reinvention of the story yet it's the same stuff done worst actually.

When Roshi gets in is he gunna be turtle shell roshi or "Ima blo this mountain away in order to put out sum flames" roshi

Maybe something like Frieza?

Mafuba would be cool if its like Buu's candy ability in Hyper DBZ
Hypnosis if its like Mewtwos hypnosis from Sm4sh
The flying fire turtle could have a hitbox

Lets see a triple reveal of Tien, Kid Goku, and Roshi.
Then get a triple reveal of Videl, Bulma, and Kid ChiChi

I think Ultimate Gohan, Kid Buu, SSj Vegito, Broly, Bardock, Kid Goku, SSj4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Hit, Goku Black, Arale, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Beerus, Mr. Satan, and SSj3 Gotenks would round out the roster of really important inclusions that would probably please majority of people.

I don't expect all of those to make it in and would think that Kid Goku, SSj4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Arale, Bardock, Mr. Satan, and SSj Vegito would probably get the axe out of that list.

I think Ultimate Gohan, Kid Buu, SSj Vegito, Broly, Bardock, Kid Goku, SSj4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Hit, Goku Black, Arale, Tenshinhan, Yamcha, Beerus, Mr. Satan, and SSj3 Gotenks would round out the roster of really important inclusions that would probably please majority of people.

I don't expect all of those to make it in and would think that Kid Goku, SSj4 Gogeta, Omega Shenron, Arale, Bardock, Mr. Satan, and SSj Vegito would probably get the axe out of that list.

Why do you pick the inferior Vegito?

Sheentak

So we know Yamcha is likely in due to voice actor recording lines (wouldn't waste him for story mode as the Japanese va for Yamcha OS very famous on Japan).

If Yamcha is in Tien is definitely in.

Gotenks and Kid buu also make sense and so does Ultimate Gohan.

These are like the only must haves I can think of

cordy

Banned
Yep.

Xenoverse 3 is going to have all those ToP characters in it from the base roster to the DLC. Idk how many new characters but they're gonna go buck wild lol.

Top Bottom