• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope Super doesn't end without the Universe 6 stuff actually leading to something. They were really building up something cool with the tournament and just threw it to the side. I want to see them visit the Saiyan planet and do other crazy things in the other universes.

I doubt we're done with the Universe 6 stuff, I am honestly kind of expecting some of the characters, like Champa, Vados and Hit, to appear in this arc.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
There's no way they won't visit planet Sarada/Salad/whatever it's called now unless the show is prematurely cancelled, which I seriously doubt is going to happen

Let's real talk for a moment.

Govan in an orange gi can fuck off. He either belongs in a saiya man outfit, or in piccolo clothes.

His signiture attackis MAsenkou, for Christ sake

JudgeN

I'm hoping we get some fights with some actual ferocity to them like goku vs cell. I felt like only the battle with Hit had a little bite to it and rest was kind of the meh.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Unpopular opinion:

I swear to god I'm not trolling or trying to shitpost.

I've never cared much for Trunks: Future, Kid or otherwise. I honestly never understood the hype for him when he first shows up. I never understood the hype for when he came back and jobbed to the androids then sticks around training to beat cell then gets wiped like a raid party. His kid form is bratty and annoying.

I really can't be the only one who doesn't care about Trunks, right? I'm still hype for this upcoming arc because it will hopefully be excellent but not since Boba Fett have I felt so out of touch with fans of a character. :|

Make Gohan Great Again

Also time skip us so we can get Pan into fighting form.
He's not a great character and he shouldnt have come back

dity

They should have revealed that Yarjirobe is the Mega Kai who has been studying Earth and Korin knew all along. He prepared Goku for Piccolo and saved everyone from Vegeta. And that's why he's actually from Universe 6.

ElFly

I really like Gohan in a tracksuit. It is a very "normal person" look, which fits a lot with his character arc.

It should def be his signature clothing if he ever goes back to actually fighting.

We have enough people in Blue/dark purple/red gi/weird suits only for fighting.

Well I mean, it must be kind of awkward seeing your mentor again, but as a 12 year old kid who doesn't know you. Might as well be a different person at that point.

Yes and no; it is, after all, the person who trained you and that you saw killed in front of your eyes (possibly saving you, depending on the version you prefer).

It is really odd that Trunks just does not care.

Zalman

Let's real talk for a moment.

Govan in an orange gi can fuck off. He either belongs in a saiya man outfit, or in piccolo clothes.

His signiture attackis MAsenkou, for Christ sake
Yeah, I never liked Gohan in the orange outfit. It was fine at the end of the Buu saga, but only as a one time thing.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
I really like Gohan in a tracksuit. It is a very "normal person" look, which fits a lot with his character arc.

It should def be his signature clothing if he ever goes back to actually fighting.

We have enough people in Blue/dark purple/red clothes.
Tracksuit no, Saiyaman clothes sans helmet or green gi would be perfect though

Although it does look cool here

fukkatsu_no_f_2_0_by_salvamakoto-d8lleux.jpg

Well I mean, it must be kind of awkward seeing your mentor again, but as a 12 year old kid who doesn't know you. Might as well be a different person at that point.
Yeah I could see Future Trunks and Super Gohan having some interesting interactions. Really Gohan as a kid would be odd to interact with...

LordAlu

I wonder if Future Mai will also come back - would be interesting to see the interactions between her and current Mai :D

ElFly

I wonder if Future Trunks will default to asking Gohan for help (who was the strongest around when he left) or just go to Goku.

SolVanderlyn

I wonder if they'll tell Trunks where New Namek is so that he can get those Dragon Balls and revive everyone in his timeline

How bout this for Evil Goku

iZzR5dI.gif

YwY7hgf.gif

Tell me during this scene you were not like "GOKU WTF U DOIN BREH"
Shades of this in the Champa arc when he shot Champa that death stare during his fight with Hit. Champa's reaction was golden.
Not quite the same obviously, but it reminds me of it.

But now SS2 means nothing and is little more than a joke.

How times have changed...

I think its safe to definitely call it a joke.

SSJ3 Gotenks [whom is stronger than SSJ3 Goku before all the God Ki stuff] was being toyed with, by a base clone-Vegeta.

NeonZ

30 years is a long-ass time for a franchise to exist. I wonder if we'll still be talking about new Dragon Ball stuff another 30 years out. (That said, considering how Star Wars is doing, I can't say I'd be shocked if we were.)

Given the time lapse, it was only a matter of time before SS2 and SS3 were rendered obsolete by later advances. But, damn, the power gradient really is too ridiculous now. Are we going to be seeing SSG and SSB for player characters in XV2? How do the other races even keep up in that scenario? It's starting to get to the point where I can't suspend my disbelief anymore.

The show works on one power gradient, and the games work on another, completely separate one where fights are never as one-sided as they are in the show (obviously for gameplay reasons, but still). I just don't like that. Some consistency would be nice.

Dragonball Heroes gave "God class" transformations to every race with playable avatars in the game.

See a Namek God (Note the red eyes and yellow segments)

latest

A Cell-like android goes from purple to red.

latest

The other two android types seem to get new forms inspired by 17 -> Super 17. Freeza-type avatars get Golden forms. Kaioshin type avatars get an hair color change. DB Heroes has no human race avatars though and the Majin race's transformations are all just Dragon Quest-like equipment changes, which are rather out of place.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom