• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT3| Men in pink? How bizarre!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I really hope Super doesn't end without the Universe 6 stuff actually leading to something. They were really building up something cool with the tournament and just threw it to the side. I want to see them visit the Saiyan planet and do other crazy things in the other universes.

I highly doubt that it won't lead to anything. They're taking their time with the Universe 6 stuff and not rushing into things, which is good. I'm glad they're taking a step back from the multiple universes this arc for a future timeline arc that possibly explores the Demon Realm. There is still so much more to do in Universe 7 alone imo.

Super has a lot of set ups, way more than Z. We already got some things mentioned to be set up, like Pan going SSJ, Uub, Vegeta training Cabba, Hit and Goku meeting up again and the 12 Universal Tournment.

I also hope at the end of this arc Trunks doesn't leave again and has either a full time role or some part time role like Jaco, Kaioshin, Buu etc

.shin

Banned
Dragonball Heroes gave "God class" transformations to every race with playable avatars in the game.

See a Namek God (Note the red eyes and yellow segments)

latest

Namekians in Heroes have the yellow muscles like in the manga. Only change for them is just the red eyes. (I love their God Class Update designs!)

Zalman

I highly doubt that it won't lead to anything. They're taking their time with the Universe 6 stuff and not rushing into things, which is good. I'm glad they're taking a step back from the multiple universes this arc for a future timeline arc that possibly explores the Demon Realm. There is still so much more to do in Universe 7 alone imo.

Super has a lot of set ups, way more than Z. We already got some things mentioned to be set up, like Pan going SSJ, Uub, Vegeta training Cabba, Hit and Goku meeting up again and the 12 Universal Tournment.

I also hope at the end of this arc Trunks doesn't leave again and has either a full time role or some part time role like Jaco, Kaioshin, Buu etc
My fear is that Toriyama can decide to leave at any time and then the series will just feel like wasted potential.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

brinstar

Personally, I think youthful characters like Gohan and Trunks look better slender than ripped. Like that pic of Gohan is just odd seeing that happy face on this roided out body lol

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Personally, I think youthful characters like Gohan and Trunks look better slender than ripped. Like that pic of Gohan is just odd seeing that happy face on this roided out body lol
I think the Super versions of Goku/Vegeta are perfect for characters who fight a lot. Can't say Cabba or any of the new designs are favorable, however.

Gohan had a reason for being slim, and I hope he goes to his EoZ design at some point. Future Trunks is looking a bit skinny, too, but maybe he's also been out of the game a while.

Goku is drawn more muscular than that shot from the movie Resurrection F a lot in Super, this is from the most recent episode of example.
m1j2tDg.gif

It typically just depends on who the artist is.

SolVanderlyn

Goku is drawn more muscular than that shot from the movie Resurrection F a lot in Super, this is from the most recent episode of example.
m1j2tDg.gif

It typically just depends on who the artist is.
Yeah, this is perfect.

Skii

Imagine if you hadn't seen anything Super related up until now and just saw the poster of Black Goku, Trunks and Mai. You'd just be in absolute shock at what has happened lol.

OT2 Top Posters.
brSuZim.png

Yessss made wall of shame.

EDIT: There is some quality Gohan content on the last page. I salute every single one of you.

SolVanderlyn

I thought Gohan's best outfit was

e79c55abe0.png

Piccolo's Outfit is a close second though
I still love how this same Gohan was able to become

and

great_saiyaman_by_alexiscabo1-d9j9hpj.png

Timeline stuff is so interesting

Complete

Banned
Which is a shame considering how cool all the scenes with it were. Toriyama why :(
Gohan going SS2 is still my most favorite scene in the series. Has yet to be topped.

I did enjoy Gohan going Mystic, but that was mostly for the spectacle.
And then he jobs. Sigh.

Dragonball Heroes gave "God class" transformations to every race with playable avatars in the game.
[snip]
Hm, interesting. Wonder if Xenoverse 2 will try something like that.

At least some explanation would be nice. Going from fighting the Ginyu Force straight to Freeza and then to Perfect Cell (???) to Majin Buu to freakin' Beerus with minimal breaks just doesn't make any sense. Especially if you're playing an Earthling. Give me a reason why I can beat these guys up, already!

I still like the idea of having race-specific "evolution" missions where they give your character a huge power-up to explain how they can jump from saga to saga without getting their ass handed to them. But I doubt they'd go that far.

Thorzilla

Man, I'm so excited for this new arc! The art direction and animation seems spot on.

I wonder if Toei will rework anything prior to this arc before releasing past episodes westside?

Complete

Banned
I believe in Toei. This has to be the best arc of Super yet.

With any luck, it'll be on par with the best of Dragon Ball. Fingers crossed!

Are you saying you'll actually watch the show

Yeah why not, I'll give it a go until it becomes unbearable again. So I'll watch this Saturday and then give up, but will send Toriyama a cheque of £100 which is like 1 million $ if he kills off Gohan because the cheerleaders of that useless prick are clearing their throats again in this thread.

I did come across a theory in the last thread that said Bra will be the sprog of Mai and Trunks, but Vegeta and Bulma will take care of her as their own child. I can't remember who said that but disgusting, absolutely disgusting you bring shame on all fanfiction writers.

I think Present Bulma is old and barren now, she will be unable to conceive because of her excessive wine drinking, age and smoking. Vegeta will travel to Future Bulmas time and intercourse her, possibly the younger version. This will cause Bra to be conceived but present Bulma will not know how to deal with it because Bra will be her daughter but don't be from her vagina, so she'll top herself and Vegeta can raise Bra in Salad Planet by himself.

A new intro for the show would be nice now it's getting a bit more serious.

Piichan

Banned
Anyone think we'll get a new opening? At least we'll get some new animation.

As much as I like Chouzetsu Dynamic, I want them to start of this new arc with a completely new opening and song. Would get me pumped (if the new song is not shit at least...).

Maybe Toriyama was the one leaking stuff before. Now he's just like "Even I haven’t checked the final script yet. Let’s enjoy this together (laughs)!!"

As much as I like Chouzetsu Dynamic, I want them to start of this new arc with a completely new opening and song. Would get me pumped (if the new song is not shit at least...).

If we get a new opening theme it will likely be announced alongside the next ending.

sibarraz

Banned
I still love how this same Gohan was able to become

and

great_saiyaman_by_alexiscabo1-d9j9hpj.png

Timeline stuff is so interesting

This is by far my favorite outfit and screenshot of Gohan, he really looks like a total badass even as a child

snes_dragon_ball_z_-_super_butouden_2_1.gif

Between the latest chapter of Hunter X released this week, the next Jojo episode, and the beggining of the new Future Trunks saga, this week really feels like anime and manga has been saved

Future Trunks going to drop down inbetween Goku and Vegeta at the end when they power up to SSJB he will hit LSSJ

lssj_future_trunks_by_brolyeuphyfusion9500-d4lhcth.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom