• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT8| There is no justice or evil, only survival or erasure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Daingurse

The only reason the RoF arc is even watchable is because of Chris Ayres' Frieza.

Indeed. His Frieza really won me over. Took me a minute to get used to his voice, being a fan of Linda Young's portrayal of the character (I still am lol), but now I truly do love his Frieza. It's a damn shame regarding his health. I just hope he's at least able to feel better and find some relief, because I don't suspect he will be returning to voice-acting with such a serious illness.

brinstar

^^^^

Thanks for the suggestions on how to get started. Last episode I watched was #6 so I'm going to watch the first two movies and skip to ep 28 on the sub. Don't feel like waiting for Funimation to catch up and want to be current with the topic ASAP. I was confused about the episode "total" because at one point I read on Wikipedia that only about 100 sos were "planned," must have been an error.

There was some weird rumor going around that the show was planned to be 100 episodes before it started, but we've already passed that count

DKrI-PtVwAA2t1z.jpg

DKrI8lxVoAAINhN.jpg

The relationships are pretty similar.

Source.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Looks like he's probably pretty small then. I'd guess him being here probably means he's the important one of his universe.
I can't stand this artist.

Yeah, I don't know why they keep getting loads of work. I would have gotten this calendar if the art were better.

He's talking about the Funimation Dub dialogue for Frieza when he impaled Krillin.

"Ride'em Cowboy!"

Pop goes the weasel.

Autocorrect fucked me. Will cut off a finger and feed it to Icarus.

This is still the weirdest fucking thing Frieza says in the original FUNI dub

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dxifdhr-Ma8

extremely disappointed it wasn't this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iDzSjm-cyeo

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
I don't get the doughnut thing. Is that the actual line? What is he supposed to be saying? I've spent at least one minute trying to figure out what else it could be

Daingurse

"I can see their parachutes!"

Might want to get all three of those eyes checked, Tien. Those people are dead.

And of course, the whole sending people to "another dimension" shit. That was honestly some creative censorship. When I was a kid, I thought ki blasts literally transported characters to another dimension.

brinstar

in a lot of ways I feel the ocean dub was better acted than the old FUNi one (barring that godawful freeza) but so many of the lines they had to read were fucking moronic

Daingurse

in a lot of ways I feel the ocean dub was better acted than the old FUNi one (barring that godawful freeza) but so many of the lines they had to read were fucking moronic

The Ocean cast was much more polished. The only thing that held them back was the script. The Ocean dub still has the best English Recoome, Nappa, Jeice, and Zarbon. And god do I love Brian Drummond's Vegeta!

Some would argue Goku too until recent Sean

Ian Corlett was the first and initial standard before Sean. Peter Kelamis is a good actor but he had to pitch his voice too much and those initial first episodes of his are head shaking until he managed to narrow down what he wanted. Kirby Morrow is also a good actor but also not really suited for Goku either.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom