• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan 2 Vegeta
Regarding 114-115 spoilers

After thinking about it, I'm almost certain now that the thing that happens has to do with Kale or Caulifla.

If the twist was some new super powerful warrior appearing at the end of 114 it doesn't make any sense for 115 be an 'Ultimate Saiyan Showdown, unless that's supposed to mean a team up of all the Saiyan rather than them fighitng.

LordOfChaos

Theory time:
Goku doesn't get Ultra Instinct back during the tournament and instead all of the Saiyans team up to take on Jiren

It would be better that way. Frankly Goku overcoming the power gap in the remaining minutes would be super asspull even for Super. No recovery time, no training up to it, not even a spirit bomb sword.

I'm actually hoping for a complete story flip, u7 doesn't win, someone else does and wishes them back in a merged universe or something.

Skeeter49

It would be better that way. Frankly Goku overcoming the power gap in the remaining minutes would be super asspull even for Super. No recovery time, no training up to it, not even a spirit bomb sword.

I'm actually hoping for a complete story flip, u7 doesn't win, someone else does and wishes them back in a merged universe or something.
To be fair, they set up UI as something Goku hasn't mastered yet.

I'd rather a
5 way saiyan teamup

Goku
Gohan
Caulifla
Kale
And Vegeta

Alec

Goku will use his fight against Berserk Kale to get a better handle on UI.

I agree that U7 will win by having the most people left, Jiren won't be eliminated.

I still think Freeza will snipe the wish, only for Whis to rewind time.

A-V-B

I agree that U7 will win by having the most people left, Jiren won't be eliminated.

Surely the Zenos wouldn't object to restoring and merging the Tournament universes into one? It'd easily rocket the new-and-improved U7 into the top 4.

Besides, Freeza doesn't know how to talk to Super Shenron. He doesn't speak the language of the gods.

HeroR

Surely the Zenos wouldn't object to restoring and merging the Tournament universes into one? It'd easily rocket the new-and-improved U7 into the top 4.

Their average would still be bad since all the lower universes are under seven.

He can’t since he can’t speak the language of the gods.

A-V-B

Their average would still be bad since all the lower universes are under seven.

He can’t since he can’t speak the language of the gods.

Don't need to make U7 many times larger. Just cram the lifeforms themselves into the new universe.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
i mean i wouldn't really say he's in a leading role

unless 17, 18, tenshinhan, krillin, muten roshi, piccolo, and freeza are also in leading roles

Aside from Goku, he's had the most screen time and story focus out of anyone since the end of the Trunks arc. He's essentially moved up to what Vegeta used to be for the earlier parts of Super.

Gohan is clearly in a lead role. They are just not giving him the kind of attention that Goku's been getting, but Gohan is quite clearly back in a lead role right now in Dragon Ball Super. Quite a few signs would seem to point to this fact. And I fully believe the fact that Goku himself made Gohan the Universe 7 team leader will come full circle.

Gohan has a major role to play yet in this tournament, even if it's only going to be for the briefest of moments against a major opponent at a very crucial moment. And for what it's worth, I feel both Goku and Gohan thus far have had the most interesting responses yet to other universes being erased. They both very clearly have a major problem with the gods making these types of decisions, ending so many lives just like that, in an instant.

Seriously... let's give it up for this unbelievably talented dude.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EgWDYeXDCS4&feature=push-u&attr_tag=i9oSTr2w9QIJ3CHi-6

jesus, he's incredible. He's been consistently recreating themes from the latest episodes of Dragon Ball Super, and they're all just.. wow.

HeroR

Do we have the precise numbers to calculate that?

Well, it's kind of math.

For example, if you put a bunch of D- students together with some C- students, you're not going to an average of C+.

What if he can? :)

Would also be funny if Vegeta and/or Freeza figured out how to use UI since they have both been hit by Spirit Bombs before and survived.

That would be kind of random.

And the trigger is near death and surviving it, not so much the Spirit Bomb itself.

Aside from Goku, he's had the most screen time and story focus out of anyone since the end of the Trunks arc. He's essentially moved up to what Vegeta used to be for the earlier parts of Super.

He had the most scene time before the tournament started. After that, he dropped off and hasn't really done anything of much value except taking out Botamo, the guy from U10, and getting Piccolo's arms blown off. Even him being the leader hasn't amounted to anything.

Kevinroc

i mean i wouldn't really say he's in a leading role

unless 17, 18, tenshinhan, krillin, muten roshi, piccolo, and freeza are also in leading roles

Frieza is definitely in a leading role this arc. He had the most emphasis placed on him and his recruitment out of everyone with the exception of Goku and Gohan. And while he disappears from time to time he does big things from time to time to remind us that he's there. His biggest part in this is yet to come.

More than anything, that just shows how much focus Goku has had since the Trunks saga. Vegeta got completely pushed out, the other characters had a token episode each and Gohan had 2 as the hero dude?

Yeah, it was always the Goku show but they've really gone all in the past year, Gohan ain't the lead for anything and thank goodness for that.

Alec

And the trigger is near death and surviving it, not so much the Spirit Bomb itself.
He was already taking orders from Beerus when he destroyed Planet Vegeta...I could see it happening in a retcon-y "I have been plotting for years to be out from under the Gods" type of way. We actually know very little about Freeza if you think about it.

The near-death experience of his will to survive clashing with the Genki energy could still be the perfect combo to shatter the "shell" allowing him to tap into his deepest potential. By that logic, Vegeta and Freeza's "shells" could already be shattered, they just never tapped in.

Unlikely, yes...but not completely out of left field with all of the callbacks they've made to earlier sagas.

HeroR

More than anything, that just shows how much focus Goku has had since the Trunks saga. Vegeta got completely pushed out, the other characters had a token episode each and Gohan had 2 as the hero dude?

Yeah, it was always the Goku show but they've really gone all in the past year, Gohan ain't the lead for anything and thank goodness for that.

He had one really. Episode 108 was more Frieza focused than Gohan, who just went along with what Frieza was doing. Gohan in many ways was red herring.

NeonZ

Regarding 114-115 spoilers

After thinking about it, I'm almost certain now that the thing that happens has to do with Kale or Caulifla.

If the twist was some new super powerful warrior appearing at the end of 114 it doesn't make any sense for 115 be an 'Ultimate Saiyan Showdown, unless that's supposed to mean a team up of all the Saiyan rather than them fighitng.

Whoever is the warrior mentioned in episode 114's description, I don't think they'll appear only at the end. Considering how Goku, Kale and Caulifla start fighting in the previous episode, I'd guess the part about Kale going into her berserker form again happens in the end of 113 or the very beginning of 114. Sometimes episode descriptions start with events of the previous episode.

Well, it's kind of math.

For example, if you put a bunch of D- students together with some C- students, you're not going to an average of C+.

He had the most scene time before the tournament started. After that, he dropped off and hasn't really done anything of much value except taking out Botamo, the guy from U10, and getting Piccolo's arms blown off. Even him being the leader hasn't amounted to anything.

I would wait for it. He even played a key role not so many episodes ago with Frieza. And, love it or hate it, he was a major focus of that episode, even if the yardrat had the upperhand thanks to instant transmission. Even so, that was an episode in which Gohan is quite clearly receiving more development, has to be wondering what Frieza is truly up to, and one in which the yardrat complimented Gohan and suggested he would be open to teaching Gohan his attacks. Even Gohan catching on to the fact that Freeza wasn't serious is, again, further development and story focusing on Gohan. Whether or not Freeza was serious in his golden form, we also know for certain that Gohan definitely wasn't serious in his ultimate form.

Gohan has been getting some of the most attention in this tournament next to Goku, and that isn't even the only example of it. There was also that badass moment earlier in the tournament where Gohan countered that beam attack coming towards him. Do people remember that?

HeroR

I would wait for it. He even played a key role not so many episodes ago with Frieza. And, love it or hate it, he was a major focus of that episode, even if the yardrat had the upperhand thanks to instant transmission. Even so, that was an episode in which Gohan is quite clearly receiving more development, has to be wondering what Frieza is truly up to, and one in which the yardrat complimented Gohan and suggested he would be open to teaching Gohan his attacks. Even Gohan catching on to the fact that Freeza wasn't serious is, again, further development and story focusing on Gohan. Whether or not Freeza was serious in his golden form, we also know for certain that Gohan definitely wasn't serious in his ultimate form.

Gohan has been getting some of the most attention in this tournament next to Goku, and that isn't even the only example of it. There was also that badass moment earlier in the tournament where Gohan countered that beam attack coming towards him. Do people remember that?

Calling his role key with Frieza is stretching it and again, Gohan was red herring since Frieza could have done his plan without Gohan being there.

Roshi got more attention than Gohan in this tournament since he got two focused episodes where he didn't have to share, unlike Gohan, and even got more eliminations than him. Vegeta too has gotten more focus lately.

Gohan counter an attack from a fighter that Roshi Kamehameha out of the ring, yeah really badass.

People's standards for Gohan must be in the toilet if these are considered good moments for him.

Remember Gohan's expression when he saw Goku disappear

Dad teamwork! TEAMWORK!

Always gets me to laugh.

Calling his role key with Frieza is stretching it and again, Gohan was red herring since Frieza could have done his plan without Gohan being there.

Roshi got more attention than Gohan in this tournament since he got two focused episodes where he didn't have to share, unlike Gohan, and even got more eliminations than him. Vegeta too has gotten more focus lately.

Gohan counter an attack from a fighter that Roshi Kamehameha out of the ring, yeah really badass.

People's standards for Gohan much be in the toilet if these are considered good moments for him.

You sure about that?

HeroR

Dad teamwork! TEAMWORK!

Always gets me to laugh.

You sure about that?

Well, I guess we can say that Roshi did share shine with Vegeta in Episode 107, but not to extent Gohan had his air time taking by Frieza in Episode 108.

With that said, Gohan only got about half an episode in 103 with 17 and Goku taken a nice chuck of his time and even Piccolo taken a little. 105 was all about Roshi with Goku and Krillin acting as part of Roshi's character.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man

People's standards for Gohan must be in the toilet if these are considered good moments for him.

Please let them be happy with this so they don't complain he's not in the spotlight like Vegeta fans

Well, I guess we can say that Roshi did share shine with Vegeta in Episode 107, but not to extent Gohan had his air time taking by Frieza in Episode 108.

With that said, Gohan only got about half an episode in 103 with 17 and Goku taken a nice chuck of his time and even Piccolo taken a little. 105 was all about Roshi with Goku and Krillin acting as part of Roshi's character.

Good thing Gohan is not out and can get an episode.

Slaythe

I know I'm biased, but I hope to god they're setting up Gohan and 17 for later.

Otherwise this is basically what happened :

"
Oook guys, new arc, let's get on with it !

Tien... mmmh fuck him.

Buu... don't know how to handle his powers with the rules, fuck him.

Goten and Trunks, they're kids.

Then, let's bring back Android 17, he's gonna be shorter than 18 and fight like a girl, oh wait... Never mind that, these are the game division notes.

Where was I ? Oh yeah, we're bringing him back, he's gonna be cool and super powerful, he'll take out a few magical girls and fight some random robots.

Now onto Gohan, he's gonna train, get his gi back, he'll also be able to reach ultimate state again, and almost equal Goku ! Make sure he takes out a fat guy, some random dad, and that he gets Piccolo eliminated.

Roshi ? Do you think we can get boobs back into Dragon Ball ? Let's try to see how far we can go.

Thanks guys, as for the rest, you know, just Goku goku goku, Vegeta Vegeta, Goku goku, mix it with Hit and some random saiyans, and we're good to go !

Oh I forgot about Krilin... Er... Give him an episode or something.

"

And then the intern had the golden idea and suggested bringing back Frieza.

"

Tien... mmmh fuck him.

Then, let's bring back Android 17, he's gonna be shorter than 18 and fight like a girl, oh wait... Never mind that, these are the game division notes.

Where was I ? Oh yeah, we're bringing him back, he's gonna be cool and super powerful, he'll take out a few magical girls and fight some random robots.

Now onto Gohan, he's gonna train, get his gi back, he'll also be able to reach ultimate state again, and almost equal Goku ! Make sure he takes out a fat guy, some random dad, and that he gets Piccolo eliminated.

Roshi ? Do you think we can get boobs back into Dragon Ball ? Let's try to see how far we can go.

Thanks guys, as for the rest, you know, just Goku goku goku, Vegeta Vegeta, Goku goku, mix it with Hit and some random saiyans, and we're good to go !

"

Freeza has been fucking great all the way on this arc.

His inclusion is totally justified.

"

Tien... mmmh fuck him.

"

Lmao at the bolded it’s ok slaythe

kunonabi

Considering the end of Z and GT it's the best we can hope for. I dont really expect him to not get shit on by the end of this in order to prop Goku again but as long as they don't do him as dirty as they did Frieza in Resurrection of F ill consider it a small victory.

Top Bottom