• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

AdanVC

Once Toppo get's eliminated, Jiren will wake up and he gun' be pissed and it's when the real hype of the tourney will begin. Everybody left on the stage fighting together against Jiren! Hope all this filler going on right now with CabbageKale fusion goes by quickly.

Kimawolf

Unless 17/18 are MASSIVELY underselling their power, no way they can stand up to Toppo. Remember Toppo, as Kagari pointed out, took Goku's FULL power (point blank blast to the face) and wasn't put down, although he was hurt by it.

https://youtu.be/ErLZBszCgDs?t=93

So unless the androids are stronger than that, no way they take Toppo.

LordOfChaos

No matter how you try to explain it away Goku regaining energy by using energy will never not be stupid.

It's the dumbest thing they've thought of in a while, ngl.

Tbh it's one of the things bugging the community that bugs me least.

A light cardio day can help your recovery between workout days, vs doing nothing.

If someone is universe punching, fighting these two is probably more or less like that scaled equivalent.

Kimawolf

Tbh it's one of the things bugging the community that bugs me least.

A light cardio day can help your recovery between workout days, vs doing nothing.

If someone is universe punching, fighting these two is probably more or less like that scaled equivalent.

Beserk Kale tossed SB Goku around like he was nothing, and was probably gonna wreck him though if not for Jiren showing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPewO5Mz5pY

Kysen

A mini album of Kiyoshi Hikawas songs are available on jp itunes. Its the cut in music as well as the opening song.
限界突破xサバイバー ¥1050 for the album.

Btw one thing I notice is people continue saying it should have been X not Tien in the tournament but instead of saying that shouldn't we be complaining about what a shit job they did in writing Tien instead? Tien had a lot of interesting techniques and is a legit martial artist it's not his fault Toei is shit at writing.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Btw one thing I notice is people continue saying it should have been X not Tien in the tournament but instead of saying that shouldn't we be complaining about what a shit job they did in writing Tien instead? Tien had a lot of interesting techniques and is a legit martial artist it's not his fault Toei is shit at writing.
Toei's problem is they think he's the kikouhou guy and that's it. But then again they have inefficient writing for a lot of characters...

Toei's problem is they think he's the kikouhou guy and that's it. But then again they have inefficient writing for a lot of characters...
And that's a damn shame, Tien deserves way better than how he's being treated in the series, I mean they were able to do a pretty decent job with Roshi so I can just imagine there being a dislike for the character in the writing room for them to fuck him up so badly.

Jigolo

i caught a snippet of the show the other day on tv where this little boy was trying to beat the shit out of vegeta. he then punched vegeta in the forehead and vegeta hardly flinched and then basically said remember that rage to become a super saiyan

wtf lmao

stamina and ki aren't really the same thing though.

Like you can push your muscles to a point where they need time to recover, but still physically have a ton of energy to burn.

Heck birds fly long distances in formation because it allows the leading bird (that takes the brunt of wind resistance) to fall back and recover stamina while another takes over; they clearly don't stop flying to rest, they rest while flying, just less intense.

NeonZ

In this current arc, they seem to have issues adding any new relationships and dynamics to established characters, aside from Goku himself and maybe Freeza. So, Roshi could get moments with Kuririn and Goku, Vegeta with Goku and Cabba, 17 and 18 with each other, and Piccolo and Gohan with each other, but they're all basically stuck in those groups. Tenshinhan doesn't really have strong bonds with any other cast member, so he was the "As expected from Roshi!" guy in every appearance before his elimination.

That said, in addition to that general flaw, it's clear the staff just didn't care about Tenshinhan. Majin Buu got more on screen fighting time in this arc than Tenshinhan in spite of not being an official team member. Even now he's often the bench character left completely mute. Even Kaioshin gets speaking roles more consistently than him.

LordOfChaos

Beserk Kale tossed SB Goku around like he was nothing, and was probably gonna wreck him though if not for Jiren showing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPewO5Mz5pY

Goku coming out grinning and without a scratch, itching for a fight with Jiren after, made you think she would have wrecked him?

I know it sounds like plot hand waving, but clearly Goku is logged into his smurfing account for most of these fights. And SSB doesn't mean full power, I think each transformation is like the power curve on big and little cores...You know, to reverse the explaining tech things with DB. At the peak of each curve it makes sense to jump to the next one, but you can use less power in each.

4.3+Principle+of+ARM%E2%80%99s+big.LITTLE+technology+(7).jpg

ajim

I still feel Frieza has the most interesting role to play in this tournament.

I know he's playing 2 steps ahead and I know he's trying to manipulate the gods and goku which is super interesting. I just wonder how far he will go and what will happen if he is knocked out, and who would do it.

Frieza has had some amazing character development from where he was in dbz til now. No longer the angry tyrant. He's cool, calm, strategical and being really inventive in his approach.

I look forward to every new episode just for snippets of him and what he may be scheming.

So Merged Zamas was in the original draft but not Vegito. Interesting. So in the original plot Goku, Trunks, and Vegeta tried to stall for time till the fusion wore off but that ended up not working and they called in Zeno. Immortality was the bigger problem not strength but they changed it to up the stakes.

It's also interesting that Toriyama was going for a parallel with Trunks and Zamas which I picked up on. Given things in DB are usually off cuff it is great to see Toriyama putting a good amount of thought into his characters and how they are related to each other.

Hype Man

Neo Member
I still feel Frieza has the most interesting role to play in this tournament.

I know he's playing 2 steps ahead and I know he's trying to manipulate the gods and goku which is super interesting. I just wonder how far he will go and what will happen if he is knocked out, and who would do it.

Frieza has had some amazing character development from where he was in dbz til now. No longer the angry tyrant. He's cool, calm, strategical and being really inventive in his approach.

I look forward to every new episode just for snippets of him and what he may be scheming.

I don't think its character development but rather just exposure in a non leading antagonist role. Frieza has always been shown to be a cunning and sadistic dude, its juts now that he has an opportunity to showcase that. Before he just overpowered everyone.

Anyways, I agree. He's probably my 3rd favorite thing to look forward to each week, behind Gohan and Jiren.

Hype Man

Neo Member
Toppo will be crushed by 17 and 18 i think. Something will happen to make Toppo and Vegeta stop fighting.

Unless 17/18 are MASSIVELY underselling their power, no way they can stand up to Toppo. Remember Toppo, as Kagari pointed out, took Goku's FULL power (point blank blast to the face) and wasn't put down, although he was hurt by it.

https://youtu.be/ErLZBszCgDs?t=93

So unless the androids are stronger than that, no way they take Toppo.

Yeah, if we're being generous, 17=SSB. Toppo=SSB+ since Goku felt the need for kaiakon. 18=Cell level maybe. Vegeta=SSB but stronger than 17.

Toppo>Vegeta>17>>>>18.

Rich

Vegeta better get Ultra Instinct during this saga. I'm sure there were hints at it right back at the start of Super. Goku and Vegeta both dodged attacks from Beerus that would have instantly killed them based on some kind of odd instinct. Personally, I think that this is Ultra Instinct or at least the potential for it.

Vegeta has just had a new baby, he's got a lot of emotions going on right now and he's not going down like a punk to Toppo. Perhaps he needs to be driven to the point of death like Goku to unlock it.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Vegeta better get Ultra Instinct during this saga. I'm sure there were hints at it right back at the start of Super. Goku and Vegeta both dodged attacks from Beerus that would have instantly killed them based on some kind of odd instinct. Personally, I think that this is Ultra Instinct or at least the potential for it.

Vegeta has just had a new baby, he's got a lot of emotions going on right now and he's not going down like a punk to Toppo. Perhaps he needs to be driven to the point of death like Goku to unlock it.

I really doubt he's going to get anything like that so quickly.

Shouta

I'd love to see 17 and 18 step up and eliminate someone like Toppo. It's pretty unlikely though as the writers would have to pull a power upgrade from their ass that wouldn't make sense, lol.

There is one idea that I think might work if written properly though, if they were created to work in tandem and they power each other up as they fight. They'd be able to reach stronger power levels than they are currently while not just powering one person up with some weirdness. It'd work well while still having a weakness but one that'd be kind of hard to exploit since they're family, lol.

Not happening, of course!

Copper

I don't really see that at all.

Not really a fan of the video but really you don't think it's odd the way Vegeta has been acting?

The first time he broke out of the time chamber he was all sweaty and exhausted. When he did it just recently he broke out of it easily and was not even phased. Same for when he got out of the Mafuba.

He's been acting very calm and confident. Completely unlike him normally. I'd say he probably had something like SSB2 or UI ( just doesn't know what it is yet) up his sleeve. Other wise he would not even be considering fighting Jiren.

Not really a fan of the video but really you don't think it's odd the way Vegeta has been acting?

The first time he broke out of the time chamber he was all sweaty and exhausted. When he did it just recently he broke out of it easily and was not even phased. Same for when he got out of the Mafuba.

He's been acting very calm and confident. Completely unlike him normally. I'd say he probably had something like SSB2 or UI ( just doesn't know what it is yet) up his sleeve. Other wise he would not even be considering fighting Jiren.

Or it could be that having his family and being around this time has made him chill some? I mean he came to terms with Goku outclassing him almost always and Goku doing things like UI is pretty much the norm, so why freak out over it? Him reacting differently instead of the same tired, angry Vegeta we've always seen shouldn't be seen as a reason for something big being there, it should be seen as a character growth.

I don't expect Geets to have anything, I'd be shocked if they gave him something that isn't a Goku hand me down. (Not counting a different colored beam)

NeonZ

Friendly reminder: Gohan is the leader of U7 and is barely getting any screen time.

He actually has appeared fairly often (half of the Tenshinhan elimination episode was actually Gohan focused, and then there was the Freeza/Frost episode, alongside the minor scenes against the two Nameks in the previous two episodes). It's much less than Goku but more than everyone else. The issue is that a lot of his screen time in the tournament hasn't really painted him in a good light (unlike his screentime in the build up to the tournament) or he was just "there".

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
He actually has appeared fairly often (half of the Tenshinhan elimination episode was actually Gohan focused, and then there was the Freeza/Frost episode, alongside the minor scenes against the two Nameks in the previous two episodes). It's much less than Goku but more than everyone else. The issue is that a lot of his screen time in the tournament hasn't really painted him in a good light (unlike his screentime in the build up to the tournament) or he was just "there".

Starting from the beginning of the arc he's only been off-screen entirely in 86, 87, 89, 98, 104, 105, 107, 113... not counting recaps or next episode previews.

Or it could be that having his family and being around this time has made him chill some? I mean he came to terms with Goku outclassing him almost always and Goku doing things like UI is pretty much the norm, so why freak out over it? Him reacting differently instead of the same tired, angry Vegeta we've always seen shouldn't be seen as a reason for something big being there, it should be seen as a character growth.

Whis mentioned that the main reason why Goku passes him is because the chip of his shoulder doesn't allow him to relax more. And Goku's weakness is his overconfidence. Both acknowledged it.

It'd be nice for them to realize this and work together to beat Jiren.

And Goku recovering would've been the perfect opportunity for them to give him and the rest of the team more meaningful screentime

Top Bottom