• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Ash735

this episode was ok.but i don't understand power levels
Fusions have always had an extreme magnified power boost, like how SS2 Vegito was insanely chaotically more powerful than just SS3 Goku back in the Buu Saga. Now we have Beserker which has been shown to be able to withstand SSB Goku combined with with an expert raw power fighter whose SS2 can hold against Goku's forms, yeah, this fusion SHOULD be a threat if we continue the logic of previous Dragon Ball media.

BasilZero

What the..didnt they say earlier in the arc that Potara rings cant be used....which is the reason why Goku and Vegeta didnt have them on themselves?

-.-

AdanVC

Cool episode and the art was on point too. Best good looking episode of the tournament so far.

What the..didnt they say earlier in the arc that Potara rings cant be used....which is the reason why Goku and Vegeta didnt have them on themselves?

-.-

Trolliyama strikes back.

Astral Dog

-.-
Nah i think their only limitations is that Fusion last a few minutes. I guess enough to finish the Tournament. Goku and Vegeta would never fuse again they are too Saiyan
Fusions have always had an extreme magnified power boost, like how SS2 Vegito was insanely chaotically more powerful than just SS3 Goku back in the Buu Saga. Now we have Beserker which has been shown to be able to withstand SSB Goku combined with with an expert raw power fighter whose SS2 can hold against Goku's forms, yeah, this fusion SHOULD be a threat if we continue the logic of previous Dragon Ball media.
Of course im just confused seeing all these colors at the same time :p
As far as i know SSG Goku should be an ant compared to Green Kale yet he beats them without problem, so now seeing him Blue against Kafla is interesting

dlauv

Why the fuck was the art so good this episode?

First ep I've seen look like Z or at least try to look consistently good. The art at the very beginning was amazing.

ajim

Nah i think their only limitations is that Fusion last a few minutes. I guess enough to finish the Tournament. Goku and Vegeta would never fuse again they are too Saiyan

Of course im just confused seeing all these colors at the same time :p
As far as i know SSG Goku should be an ant compared to Green Kale yet he beats them without problem, so now seeing him Blue against Kafla is interesting
Doesn't potara last an hour? There's only like 22 minutes in the tournament so plenty of time for the fusion to remain.

BasilZero

Doesn't potara last an hour? There's only like 22 minutes in the tournament so plenty of time for the fusion to remain.

Unless their form is too powerful for the fusion to remain.

Isnt that what happened to Vegito against Fused Zamasu?

Unless their form is too powerful for the fusion to remain.

Isnt that what happened to Vegito against Fused Zamasu?

Yes.

Vegito blue was too strong so his fusion ended super fast
So if she is as strong as him or stronger then her fusion isn't gonna last unless the writers come up with some BS asspull

BreakAtmo

Yeah, I've seem people talk about improved at and animation before, but this episode it REALLY stood out, it was like something out of Broly: Second Coming. If every episode looked like that I'd be constantly floored. Does anyone know where those visuals came from? Do they have some godlike new artist who we need to clone asap?

This ep looked way better than I thought it would; kefla looking great

I need a gif of cauli bouncing up and down in that boxing stance.

Edit: made one myself:
wiRgiBQ.gif

bonus:

Just watched it, of course Vegeta would mouth off. Has he even done anything in the ToP? If he doesn't pull anything off in this I do not know if I would be disappointed or just laugh.

The art in this episode was excellent.
Watch the SSB that gets defeated be Vegeta....

BadTaste

Just watched it, of course Vegeta would mouth off. Has he even done anything in the ToP? If he doesn't pull anything off in this I do not know if I would be disappointed or just laugh.

I lost count how many fighters vegeta eliminated..

cm osi

Every time I see it called this I get tilted a bit. I really, really wish Funimation had just called it something less stupid. I mean, Room of Space and Time would have been fine.

Also, I can already see the Rule 34 fanart of
this fusion happening and Kale "becoming one with sis"

i have to google it everytime because in italian it was different, "stanza dello spirito e del tempo" ( room of spirit and time)

and of course Kale mastered the berserk form in a matter of minutes and she's stronger than ever!
i'm not really mad at the fact because i understand they need to progress but at how it's done. goku awakened his SS in a deadly fight after his best friend was killed, this is just sparring

ajim

Oh I didn't even consider it being vegeta ssb being defeated and not goku.

kunonabi

It's going to be an asspull, anybody can see it a mile away. Those two character are walking asspulls.

So is Goku. Hell, he just got a new form from getting hit with a spirit bomb that should have just bounced off him. Lets not forget Resurrection of F and his "lol, ill reverse time and whoop Frieza in 2 seconds because Vegeta cant ever be useful"

The saiyan ladies arent in even in the top ten of dragonball asspulls.

So is Goku. Hell, he just got a new form from getting hit with a spirit bomb that should have just bounced off him. Lets not forget Resurrection of F and his "lol, ill reverse time and whoop Frieza in 2 seconds because Vegeta cant ever be useful"

The saiyan ladies arent in even in the top ten of dragonball asspulls.

An asspull is an asspull just because the series has done it before doesn't excuse when it does now or in the future.

Anyways I just realized that we really can't hate the ladies for kicking ass because they actually work together and aren't against fusion...

Whis and beerus did say that if Goku and vegeta actually worked together like the ladies did then they would be unstoppable but of course they like to do shit solo and put themselves into losing situations like this.
Which funny enough means that the writers have to bring up another asspull to save our heroes from danger.

Baleoce

Eliminated lots and lots of fighters. He seems to be the only one who knows what the objective of the game is lol

Damn, what was going on with the art? That was incredible. Goku in Super Saiyajin God Form looked super different and cool. Usually don't like his look that much.
The animations were mostly average at best, but there were so many shots with awesome art, so it was still very exciting.

Sometimes it looked like old school Dragon Ball Z style, in movie quality, but with a modern touch. Very interesting stuff.

AdanVC

Who was the art director for this episode? Is there any way to know? I want to invite him/her a beer because yeah, the art on this episode was movie quality stuff.

Vidiot

I know lol power levels and all but it's really annoying that a fusion between two Sayian that just learned to become Super Sayian are stronger then Goku in God mode without even transforming at all. There's no consistency to how anything works anymore and it's really annoying to me personally. They shouldn't be anywhere near Goku.

Kimawolf

I know lol power levels and all but it's really annoying that a fusion between two Sayian that just learned to become Super Sayian are stronger then Goku in God mode without even transforming at all. There's no consistency to how anything works anymore and it's really annoying to me personally. They shouldn't be anywhere near Goku.
Well just remember that Kale is a LSSJ and her power on its own tanked Goku in ssb. Add a ss2+ and factor that fusion boostz power 10s of times yeah i can see her being the ignition for UI Goku to come back.

I also think she severely wounds Goku and Vegeta steps in. She knocks him out and Toppo before going down to someone else.

kunonabi

Well just remember that Kale is a LSSJ and her power on its own tanked Goku in ssb. Add a ss2+ and factor that fusion boostz power 10s of times yeah i can see her being the ignition for UI Goku to come back.

I also think she severely wounds Goku and Vegeta steps in. She knocks him out and Toppo before going down to someone else.

Yup, nothing odd about it. Especially since Goku is still "recovering his stamina" and isnt even blue yet. I hope she survives the bs that is kaioken Blue but we'll see. Gotta make Goku look strong and all that crap.

LordOfChaos

240CupM.png

Art was a lot better than I expected this episode, though the first scene with Cabba and Hit was a throwback to the early MS Paint DBS days lol.
They're dedicating a number of episodes to this fight though eh, the Namekians or Vegeta Toppo fights aren't getting enough love. I hope a few seconds each episode isn't all we see of the Vegeta Toppo fight.

She's "bouncing," alright. Was very weird.

Better than pretending they don't exist in a fight imo.

NeonZ

Well just remember that Kale is a LSSJ and her power on its own tanked Goku in ssb.

And yet in this episode Goku flew through her blast to kick her and overpowered another blast with a one handed one, and she was stated to be stronger here than back then. The power scale just doesn't work well. And in this case not even holding back explains things since Goku was doing better as a tired SSJ2 here than in that episode.

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Who was the art director for this episode? Is there any way to know? I want to invite him/her a beer because yeah, the art on this episode was movie quality stuff.

100% agree. In fact the increase in quality made the ep even more hype.
Fantastic ep and I'm not a fan sisxsis but the fusion was god like.

LordOfChaos

Curious about Dyspo, the translation was something like "I can't deal with this guy" - I wasn't sure if it was like he can't deal with his power, or he can't deal with how annoying he was being.

I was leaning towards the latter, because Freiza wasn't even in gold form yet and without that Dyspo had fought more powerful.

LordOfChaos

vegeta is def up to something. He is hiding a power up I can feel it.

He better be, he was the only one with the good sense to go train in the time chamber. And he said he was the strongest after seeing Goku's KK20xSSB and UI. Even if he falls short of the latter, I hope he has his own unique path to getting past KK20xSSB.

dlauv

To me the current power levels make more sense than Kale tanking SSB earlier on.

Goku is getting fired up while the dialogue tries to awkwardly explain what a second wind is -- maybe they don't have an expression for that in Japan. Obviously SSJ3 takes more energy than SSG. They're pretending like SSJ2 doesn't take much more energy than SSJ1. Goku is simply recovering faster than he's expending.

Rising_Hei

Well, emotion and motivation do have a great impact in performance, too; science can't exactly explain the placebo effect and many other psychological effects. It's not about numbers and having a limited gauge, so this kind of thing super pulls off don't personally annoy me.

He better be, he was the only one with the good sense to go train in the time chamber. And he said he was the strongest after seeing Goku's KK20xSSB and UI. Even if he falls short of the latter, I hope he has his own unique path to getting past KK20xSSB.

Yep. My feelings exactly. I won't be surprised if he goes SSB2

longdi

Banned
The thing with vegeta character, is he doesn't create new shit or steal techniques. It is either silly punches, silly fireballs or final flash gallick gun. :p

AdanVC

100% agree. In fact the increase in quality made the ep even more hype.
Fantastic ep and I'm not a fan sisxsis but the fusion was god like.

Hell yeah. Wish they could keep this art quality but with Toei you'll never know :'( This episode was either Toei giving more budget or just a very talented art crew that simply did their work right with the same budget, hah.

NeonZ

Hell yeah. Wish they could keep this art quality but with Toei you'll never know :'( This episode was either Toei giving more budget or just a very talented art crew that simply did their work right with the same budget, hah.

It's due to the style of the animation supervisor for this episode, Yuya Takahashi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7ZLsS-HEU

The animation wasn't more fluid than usual, it was just drawn in a better art style. This was his first episode as supervisor, hopefully he returns periodically in that position from now on.

AdanVC

It's due to the style of the animation supervisor for this episode, Yuya Takahashi.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fc7ZLsS-HEU

The animation wasn't more fluid than usual, it was just drawn in a better art style. This was his first episode as supervisor, hopefully he returns periodically in that position from now on.

Now I know the reason why ep 114 looked like a good old DBZ episode, those arched eyelids that's trueeee! Great analysis, thanks for sharing this video! Cheers to Yuya Takahashi. You can really see Yuya is a true fan of DB and poured lot's of love into making this episode as best looking as possible.

Shouta

Curious about Dyspo, the translation was something like "I can't deal with this guy" - I wasn't sure if it was like he can't deal with his power, or he can't deal with how annoying he was being.

I was leaning towards the latter, because Freiza wasn't even in gold form yet and without that Dyspo had fought more powerful.

It's the latter. I wouldn't want to deal with someone that sadistic after fighting so much if I were Dyspo.

Top Bottom