• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Super |OT9| Genki-Drama

Astral Dog

What bothers me about this tournament is that they made it in minutes! Why not 48 hours or even days?! Who thought that it was a good idea? If they knew the tournament would last many episodes, then it would have made sense to make it last longer.

The way it is now, means that everything is happening in fast forward (not even bullet-time). Which is weird! Also, it means that Goku is powering up by the minute and Caulifula by the second! And when they need to rest, they only rest for like 10 seconds! (Even though it is presented as if it was days!)

If the torunament had been setup to last days, it would have been a hunger games style, in which the teams have to survive. Like it is now, but would make sense, duration-time.

Also, being minutes, the fights should be one after the other, and they should go at the same time. Like how in the movie Avengers, they show you Hulk fighting, and they they move the camera to show Thor, and the Captain America. That's how it should be presented.

its super weird, but Dragon Ball has been like this since Frieza. i wonders if its like an inside joke

So now it seems
Kefla is going to hold her own even against ultra instict
. I can't. Why does it bother me so much!

I don't quite think so.
From how it sounds UI Goku causes Kefla to try to go higher than she is at that point. The episode summary after doesn't even mention her and that Goku is again out of stamina. So it sounds very likely that Kefla's next power up is going to eat up her Potarra time and she (or both Caulifla and Kale if they separated) gets knocked out in that episode.

kunonabi

What bothers me about this tournament is that they made it in minutes! Why not 48 hours or even days?! Who thought that it was a good idea? If they knew the tournament would last many episodes, then it would have made sense to make it last longer.

The way it is now, means that everything is happening in fast forward (not even bullet-time). Which is weird! Also, it means that Goku is powering up by the minute and Caulifula by the second! And when they need to rest, they only rest for like 10 seconds! (Even though it is presented as if it was days!)

If the torunament had been setup to last days, it would have been a hunger games style, in which the teams have to survive. Like it is now, but would make sense, duration-time.

Also, being minutes, the fights should be one after the other, and they should go at the same time. Like how in the movie Avengers, they show you Hulk fighting, and they they move the camera to show Thor, and the Captain America. That's how it should be presented.

The ToP really demonstrates how outclassed Super is as a shounen anime. The talent or effort just isnt there to make use of all the moving parts in a battle royale format.

How can the Super DragonBalls be used if U6 is elimated? If they are wiped out wont the Super Dragon balls disappear? Would they wait till the end to elimante universe 6 or 7 until the winner uses the SDB's?

Espada

From the 116 summary it looks like Kelfa can't touch UI Goku and that this episode will be her final hurrah.

Episode 118 sounds like either Universe 6 or 2 will be getting the boot next.

Episode 119 will have another U7 Fighter drop out. Time for Piccolo to go?

I'm right there with you, Wheeljack. The previews are really straightforward this time around.

So the preview stuff for 116 just gave us an idea of how stupidly OP Ultra Instinct is. Look at how ferociously fast and strong Kefla is and Goku is going to effortless evade all their attacks? Maybe if you're not at Jiren-level you just get tossed around like Dyspo and Toppo were during the special.

Also, my money is on Universe 6 being deleted. Taking a beating from UI Goku and then receiving a point blank kamehameha might cause the fusion to fail, at which point someone like Frieza could eliminate them.

BTW, good to hear U4 is doing SOMETHING

LordOfChaos

So now it seems
Kefla is going to hold her own even against ultra instict
. I can't. Why does it bother me so much!

That...Oh god.

Surpassing SSG, whatever, I'll jive with it since the earings are a tens of times multiplication to combined power, rather than just additive. SSB is where I'd expect it to cap out on matching. UI? Ok, that's just redonk. KK20xSSB Goku couldn't touch Jiren,
UI could, Kefla should be magnitudes below that.

That...Oh god.

Surpassing SSG, whatever, I'll jive with it since the earings are a tens of times multiplication to combined power, rather than just additive. SSB is where I'd expect it to cap out on matching. UI? Ok, that's just redonk. KK20xSSB Goku couldn't touch Jiren,
UI could, Kefla should be magnitudes below that.

If you've looked at the spoilers it seems that Kefla
can't touch UI at all even after she powers up again.

oliander

Exciting times on the way, I'm ready for the rest of november.

Here's to hoping that two instances of Vegeta/Toppo teasing means a full scale fight is down the pipe. A Goku/Vegeta vs Toppo/Dyspo tag team would also be hype. Either one would probably come after the resolution of the fight with the namekians, and who knows how that'll go down.

How can the Super DragonBalls be used if U6 is elimated? If they are wiped out wont the Super Dragon balls disappear? Would they wait till the end to elimante universe 6 or 7 until the winner uses the SDB's?

Every paired universe should have their own set of Super Dragon Balls, so I don't see that being a problem.

Astral Dog

what does this even mean

speaking of, was SSrose a once off thing we never see again? And where does it line up about

SS Rose is mortal saiyan combined with God ki/soul. technically it could happen again if a God takes over Goku again, but i doubt it as it would make Black less unique, at least on the main cannon

ajim

Vegitto blue has to be stronger than ultra instinct and Jiren. I couldn't imagine jiren being stronger.

But having said that... Who the hell knows. Haha

Espada

We haven’t seen Jiren go full power.

Which is scary AF

Thinking back on previous arcs, the main opponent usually has multiple forms. Vegeta, Frieza, Cell, Buu, Zamasu. I'd be surprised if Mr. Meditation didn't have another form. At this point Kale and Califla (now Kafla) behaving more like your standard DBZ antagonist, what with all the forms and power ups extending the fight.

Exciting times on the way, I'm ready for the rest of november.

Here's to hoping that two instances of Vegeta/Toppo teasing means a full scale fight is down the pipe. A Goku/Vegeta vs Toppo/Dyspo tag team would also be hype. Either one would probably come after the resolution of the fight with the namekians, and who knows how that'll go down.

Every paired universe should have their own set of Super Dragon Balls, so I don't see that being a problem.

It's a problem when only one universe remains and the other in the pair is gone. Besides I don't think it was stated anywhere that the other universes had their own pairs of super dragon balls. Only that they were unique to universes 6 and 7

pants

SS Rose is mortal saiyan combined with God ki/soul. technically it could happen again if a God takes over Goku again, but i doubt it as it would make Black less unique, at least on the main cannon

How in detail did they explain Rose? I forget (wasnt paying much attention during that arc tbh) I feel they could probably just retool it as a next level powerup for Vegeta to compete with UI.

Merged LSSJ Kefla vs UI Goku should honestly be Goku swatting her out of the ring in under a second. If they show her to be anywhere near him even with the additional power up she's supposed to get during the fight, it kind of ruins the earlier established fact that UI Goku was far beyond everyone else in the tournament besides Jiren.

kunonabi

Merged LSSJ Kefla vs UI Goku should honestly be Goku swatting her out of the ring in under a second. If they show her to be anywhere near him even with the additional power up she's supposed to get during the fight, it kind of ruins the earlier established fact that UI Goku was far beyond everyone else in the tournament besides Jiren.
Jiren already started twitching during this fight so a powered up Kefla hanging with UI for a bit isnt that out of the question. It's not like UI Goku had Jiren on the ropes to begin with. Besides a huge team touranment where only 2 fighters matter isnt all that interesting anyway.

Kimawolf

I think people are forgetting what the LSSJ really is. It is a "ultra" rare form where said being has infinite power. Merge it with a souped up ss2+ and add that potara fusion multiplies base power 10s of times... yeah it should be uber powerful.

Remember on her own LSSJ Kale smacked around SSB goku, walked through a point blank Kamehameha wave and grabbed Goku by his face like he was nothing. Multiply that 10s of times and yeah Goku will have problems.

tkscz

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't Kelfa's fusion fail pretty quickly? Potara fusion can't keep people who are incredibly power fused for long, with Vegitto only having 30 minutes of fusion due to the power they were putting out as SSJB. If that's the case, someone as powerful as Kale should cause the fusion to end even faster.

oliander

It's a problem when only one universe remains and the other in the pair is gone. Besides I don't think it was stated anywhere that the other universes had their own pairs of super dragon balls. Only that they were unique to universes 6 and 7

Yeah but the Super Dragonballs have been stated to be the prize for the ToP. We don't even know if their existence is even tied to their respective universes existing. They might be beyond Zeno's power to erase, or they might have been prematurely gathered.

In fact, are the super dragon balls from 6/7 even active? How long has it been since the U6 arc? Not long I think. Makes me think they're using a different set, likely from Universe 1/12 since they aren't on the chopping block.

Correct me if I'm wrong but shouldn't Kelfa's fusion fail pretty quickly? Potara fusion can't keep people who are incredibly power fused for long, with Vegitto only having 30 minutes of fusion due to the power they were putting out as SSJB. If that's the case, someone as powerful as Kale should cause the fusion to end even faster.

The bigger problem was using something, in this case SS anything, caused the fusion to burn out faster in mortals. SSB caused it to stop pretty fast and if we go by LSS stomping SSB Goku with seemingly minimal effort, LSS Potara fusion will likely burn out that timer super fast.

Say, 1-2 minutes (aka enough for an episode and a half or so)?

oliander

lol how can you still be saying that Berserk stomps Blue when Goku was blocking Mastered Berserk in SSJ1 just last episode?

Nevertheless I'm still banking on the theory that Kafla is going to burn out Potara by briefly going SSJ3.

Cwarrior

Seriously it feels like it's been years since I saw the rest of the universe 7 guys I don't even remember who is left or what was the point of bring them, goku has Been nearly fighting everyone relevant and has sucked up 80% of the screen time.

We did't need more sayians now we got some female goten&trunks power level bs.

Better then your average dragon ball arc but it's another reminder this series isn't on the level of togashi or Oda work.

Kagari

Crystal Bearer
Seriously it feels like it's been years since I saw the rest of the universe 7 guys I don't even remember who is left or what was the point of bring them, goku has Been nearly fighting everyone relevant and has sucked up 80% of the screen time.

We did't need more sayians now we got some female goten&trunks power level bs.

Better then your average dragon ball arc but it's another reminder this series isn't on the level of togashi or Oda work.

Goku should have been benched for a long time after the special. Now we're just running in circles.

EROLIVE

Banned
Basically the multipler of Blue and God Ki fucks with it.

Well I am assuming they are both Weaker than Goku and Vegeta was in the black arc and they lasted 30mins against Merged Zamasu and seeing tournament has less than 30mins remaining they should last for the entirety following Super's own logic..though the writing in DB is mostly shit so they may ignore all that.

I think people are forgetting what the LSSJ really is. It is a "ultra" rare form where said being has infinite power. Merge it with a souped up ss2+ and add that potara fusion multiplies base power 10s of times... yeah it should be uber powerful.

Remember on her own LSSJ Kale smacked around SSB goku, walked through a point blank Kamehameha wave and grabbed Goku by his face like he was nothing. Multiply that 10s of times and yeah Goku will have problems.
You keep saying this... Goku was a tired súper saiyan fighting against kale who is said to be even stronger than the first time she attacked Goku and god just shitted on her and caulifla so bad that they had to fuse like what??

pants

Well all that other LSSJ stuff wasnt canonical so the stuff we're getting now is defining it's place in the hierarchy surely.

lol how can you still be saying that Berserk stomps Blue when Goku was blocking Mastered Berserk in SSJ1 just last episode?

Isnfjce.gif

Controlled doesn't mean mastered.

Kale and Califla getting the spotlight has been the most interested ive been in the show. Their eventual jobbing to Goku is really deflating though.

Agreed 1000%, Kefla beating Goku would my favourite thing to ever happen in Super (sans Great Saiyaman arc). Cauli's a fantastic character and Kale's been growing well since she controlling Berserk so she's able to act like an actual fighter now. Will say she was a big disappointment at first when she was so unbearably meek and it made no sense that she would be Cauli's #1 pupil, but what we have going between them now is perfect.

oliander

Isnfjce.gif

Controlled doesn't mean mastered.

It was precisely stated by Vados that Kale's power increased massively after she controlled her berserk form. That's an increase from fully berserk. Not to mention that after the Ep. 100 fight ended, Goku's reaction to being 'stomped' was equivalent to being hit with a frying pan by Chi-Chi.

Believe what you want, I'm not a PL theorist. I'm just trying to brace you for the inevitable disappointment you're setting yourself up for.

It was precisely stated by Vados that Kale's power increased massively after she controlled her berserk form. That's an increase from fully berserk. Not to mention that after the Ep. 100 fight ended, Goku's reaction to being 'stomped' was equivalent to being hit with a frying pan by Chi-Chi.

Believe what you want, I'm not a PL theorist. I'm just trying to brace you for the inevitable disappointment you're setting yourself up for.

Again, having power doesn't mean you've mastered it. Kale's put nothing into actual training so I wouldn't expect her to but she's the only thing stopping her LSSJ form from scaling up that high.

Albeit this is all just fantasy talk and not anything I'd ever see relevant to Super's plot since we're Kefla now and there's not gonna be any Kale fight after Kefla's inevitably out.

oliander

Again, having power doesn't mean you've mastered it. Kale's put nothing into actual training so I wouldn't expect her to but she's the only thing stopping her LSSJ form from scaling up that high.

Albeit this is all just fantasy talk and not anything I'd ever see relevant to Super's plot since we're Kefla now and there's not gonna be any Kale fight after Kefla's inevitably out.

Let's just hope a Planet Sadala arc or movie actually happens so we can see these characters stretch out a little.

Espada

Let's just hope a Planet Sadala arc or movie actually happens so we can see these characters stretch out a little.

I really hope that's the arc after this one. I'd just love to see Vegeta's reaction to an entire planet of Saiyans, given what happened to the one in U7. Will he decide to stay with his "people" or is Earth truly his home now? And you just KNOW there's going to be some fun new Saiyan characters introduced during that.

Astral Dog

I really hope that's the arc after this one. I'd just love to see Vegeta's reaction to an entire planet of Saiyans, given what happened to the one in U7. Will he decide to stay with his "people" or is Earth truly his home now? And you just KNOW there's going to be some fun new Saiyan characters introduced during that.

im not sure i want to see more Saiyans were Cabba came from, or Vegeta either :p

unless Frost gets revived at least

Super_EMT

Neo Member
As a Broly fanboy, fuck kale. I hope they get eliminated and erased.
It was a shame they eliminated hit so early. He was my favorite character going into the tournament. I wanted to see more of him. Hit vs freeza would of been epic.
Now freeza is my favorite character. I love what super is doing to his character.

Top Bottom