• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball XENOVERSE 2 - Announcement Trailer | PS4, XB1, PC

large.gif

zRG9z.gif

daman824

Man... There's no graphical improvement here. I really hope the game runs at 60fps now or I'll be disappointed.

Also pretty disappointed with the <2 years between the games. With the success of the first game I was hoping they would give this game more development time to fix the numerous issues in the first game. But now I'm not so sure

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Stuff that killed XV for me:

-Free roaming. Much prefer set stages of Budokai/Burst Limit, and to a much lesser extent Budokai Tenkaichi

-RNG. FFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffuuuck that

-Saiyan beam spam. I used it myself but it was way too cheap.

-Some bosses felt too much like sponges

-Mission based quests were terrible and too much like MMOs. The grinding was awful

-Multiple characters battling at once is... eh... one on one is so much cooler, and easier to keep track of. It's not a game changer like the other bullet points, but I much prefer the 1 on 1 with supports, or characters switching out for others. Extreme Butoden did it right.

-Weak soundtrack outside of the character select theme

Stuff I loved:

-Character creation

-The town before you constantly revisit it. Multiple towns would have been cool

-The what-if story actually having a decent in-universe explanation with cool game specific characters and stories

Stuff that killed XV for me:

-Free roaming. Much prefer set stages of Budokai/Burst Limit, and to a much lesser extent Budokai Tenkaichi

-RNG. FFFFFFFFFFFFFffffffffffuuuck that

-Saiyan beam spam. I used it myself but it was way too cheap.

-Some bosses felt too much like sponges

-Mission based quests were terrible and too much like MMOs. The grinding was awful

-Multiple characters battling at once is... eh... one on one is so much cooler, and easier to keep track of. It's not a game changer like the other bullet points, but I much prefer the 1 on 1 with supports, or characters switching out for others. Extreme Butoden did it right.

-Weak soundtrack outside of the character select theme

Stuff I loved:

-Character creation

-The town before you constantly revisit it. Multiple towns would have been cool

-The what-if story actually having a decent in-universe explanation with cool game specific characters and stories

Seems we have a very similar list though I'd like to add in RNG on trainers too. It was annoying as hell having to keep coming back in hopes that the guy you're waiting or would resurface. I saw Goku once and was too busy but no matter how many times I returned he never showed up again. I know you had RNG down in general but I feel like there was RNG in areas where peope forget, like RNG shops too.

I really hate the multi character combat though personally. I'd really love it if that was dropped all together and we just returned to 1v1.

RNG was a pain in the ass, I remember doing like 200+ PQ for Brolly's gearset. They really should implement a token system where after a PQ tier you get a token. Collect say... 20 of them to get an item of your pick if it hasn't dropped. It's still grindy, but at least you know eventually you'll get it.

Story mode could be longer. They skipped so much of the Android saga and went straight to Cell. Looks like they're doing more movies though with clips of Turles and Slug shown, and Zarbon and Dodoria means more Namek Saga shenanigans. Hope they go a bit more balls to the wall and have say, King Cold as a character and his "what if" transformations. Or hell, King Vegeta instead of confronting Frieza he teams up with Bardock, both somehow get sent to the past (Towa prob) and eventually they have to face off against Chilled. Eradicate the Saiyans should be a PQ at least.

This time, I want to try and convince myself to make a Frieza character, complete with name pun. Slush, Flurry, or Glaicer. Rocked a human in the first game, because human fighters get no love but we will see if I'm still interested.

I skipped the first because the battle system didn't look very good. I was more of a fan of Tenkaichi so I'll just have to wait to see if they'll do anything different this time.

RNG was a pain in the ass, I remember doing like 200+ PQ for Brolly's gearset. They really should implement a token system where after a PQ tier you get a token. Collect say... 20 of them to get an item of your pick if it hasn't dropped. It's still grindy, but at least you know eventually you'll get it.

Story mode could be longer. They skipped so much of the Android saga and went straight to Cell. Looks like they're doing more movies though with clips of Turles and Slug shown, and Zarbon and Dodoria means more Namek Saga shenanigans. Hope they go a bit more balls to the wall and have say, King Cold as a character and his "what if" transformations. Or hell, King Vegeta instead of confronting Frieza he teams up with Bardock, both somehow get sent to the past (Towa prob) and eventually they have to face off against Chilled. Eradicate the Saiyans should be a PQ at least.

This time, I want to try and convince myself to make a Frieza character, complete with name pun. Slush, Flurry, or Glaicer. Rocked a human in the first game, because human fighters get no love but we will see if I'm still interested.

Humans fighters get no love ? in xenoverse ? They were like , the strongest race in the game.

Vex_

Banned
Man... There's no graphical improvement here. I really hope the game runs at 60fps now or I'll be disappointed.

Also pretty disappointed with the <2 years between the games. With the success of the first game I was hoping they would give this game more development time to fix the numerous issues in the first game. But now I'm not so sure

Yea. That bummed me out too.

Vex_

Banned
I'm so day one on this. I used to bop people in the laggy online pvp, I had resets/infinites on deck.

Oh, that's another thing I hope they fix. Online netcode.

Tsunamo

Current gen only, fuck yeah.

Can't wait to see what content from Super makes it in. I remember watching the SSJG Goku Vs. Beerus fight in Super, and thinking "Wow, they're just straight up making up new attacks for Beerus to have in new DBZ games" lol
Oh man, yeah I completely forgot about that. (best thing about the Battle of Gods arc in Super for me personally was dragging that battle out versus the movie) they've got a couple of things to expand upon aswell with stuff like Tagoma Ginyu and Gotenks being written into the super version of RoF too.

Now i'll be sad if they don't have an attack with that animation of Beerus bouncing a energy ball around while charging it up like in that Super episode.
tumblr_inline_nuzwy5EHDU1rppv11_500.gif

Rudiano

Banned
I just hope 60fps comes to consoles, it was ridiculous the first game wasnt considering it wasnt such a demanding game

I just hope 60fps comes to consoles, it was ridiculous the first game wasnt considering it wasnt such a demanding game

The trailer is 60fps and it sure doesn't look like PC footage.

So the Japanese trailer ends with Trunks saying " Even so, I will..."
That and the "outcomes you wished were different" line makes me kinda think Trunks might turn on the Supreme Kai of Time.

Scrawnton

I will be there day one as long as it doesn't have that crazy issue with brightness on consoles that the first game had. Every time I put that game in I am disappointed at that.

Revven

They should also fix the other characters. Everyone feels so useless compared to your CoC. Feels almost like the actual series lol

They'll probably allow us to create custom rooms with a toggle for "Normal characters only". It was a very common complaint with the first game and they eventually added a chat option for asking if the other player wanted to use Original characters. So, they were very aware of it.

If this and the many other common complaints aren't addressed then I would be truly baffled when they went out of their way in XV1 to partially patch up some of the issues.

Speaking of, I hope we can customize the actual character's move sets. If I want to go Super Saiyan Blue in Goku's Saiyan arc outfit, or use Big Bang Attack as Saiyan arc Vegeta why can't I?

Revven

Speaking of, I hope we can customize the actual character's move sets. If I want to go Super Saiyan Blue in Goku's Saiyan arc outfit, or use Big Bang Attack as Saiyan arc Vegeta why can't I?

Well, because they decided in XV1 that each of the slots for a character has different Ki/Stamina stats (hell, I think they have different stats period. Like, Saiyan Saga Goku is weak in everything but the later Gokus have much better stats). If they don't go with the different slots system for a single character then sure, maybe they'll let us customize the original characters too. It'd be nice but I'm not expecting it.

Well, because they decided in XV1 that each of the slots for a character has different Ki/Stamina stats (hell, I think they have different stats period. Like, Saiyan Saga Goku is weak in everything but the later Gokus have much better stats). If they don't go with the different slots system for a single character then sure, maybe they'll let us customize the original characters too. It'd be nice but I'm not expecting it.
Even if the stats are different and you can't customize them that's no reason to not be able to customize the move sets. It's especially annoying since in the quests you constantly run into characters using moves or transformations not available to the player in that costume.

NeonZ

I wonder how that will work story-wise. Wasn't the entire point of the time patrol to stop history from being changed?

TreIII

I wonder how that will work story-wise. Wasn't the entire point of the time patrol to stop history from being changed?

One theory I have is like so:

At best, it may be the first time since the likes of the second Super Goku Den game "Kakusei-Hen", where you get to make some changes to the storyline here and there, and from there open up the door to different possibilities for story routes (which may tie into the movie characters/scenarios debuting in this game).

For example: Say your character helps make it so nobody (except Goku during the battle with Raditz) died during the Saiyan Arc. Not even Piccolo. Well, no reason for anybody to go venturing out to Namek for another set of Dragon Balls, then! So instead, you make for timelines that leads to the likes of Tulles/Turles and Lord Slug stopping by Earth, instead.

It probably will depend on how deep they decide to go with this type of thing. A Visual Novel with more cutscenes would be the main way I could see this type of thing working.

Spoiler from the first game
that lady who can control people survived and got away after her male partner clone guy thing lost and died, so it's probably her causing shit again

Spoiler from the first game
that lady who can control people survived and got away after her male partner clone guy thing lost and died, so it's probably her causing shit again

I think you missed what was said, the new V-Jump scans says "It's your turn to change history" and that person was wondering how that will work.

I hope beam struggle will be back in this one.
Raging Blast 2 was my last Dragon Ball Z, it has a lot of DBZ features in its gameplay giving the feeling like it's a dbz simulator from a gameplay standpoint(But unfortunately it lack a lot of thing on the other factors).
I hope they will bring back what was good in RB2 in this new Xenoverse(the gameplay was way to easy and to limited, with these "infinite death combos").

Zelias

Banned
Gonna guess Trunks goes against the Supreme Kai of Time to change history for the better. Now I'm wondering if your Future Warrior is supposed to be the same one from the first game or whether Trunks wished for a new one to help him.

Could be interesting though if Trunks remains loyal and ends up as an antagonist to your character. Less good and evil and more a clash of ideals regarding the timestream.

This is great news, I really enjoyed the first game. There's just a few things that I would like to see changed (that would be easy):

• More varied body types and sizes
  • Allow us to recolour all outfits and not just some
  • Make hair actually change when Super Saiyan
  • Allow us to recolour beam attacks
  • Fix the RNG
That's about all I can remember in terms of easy fixes. I hope this is the case but I'll most likely buy the game anyway.

Piers

I think you missed what was said, the new V-Jump scans says "It's your turn to change history" and that person was wondering how that will work.

I presume it'll be the same as Xenoverse 1, just instead focusing on movies and TV specials. The V-Jump flavour text is more or less just that, and wouldn't surprise me if Diablo is right.

.shin

Banned
already thanked you on twitter, but thank you again for these banners.

Are those character models? Look really clean, I hope they're that nice in the actual game.

I'm willing to assume that the first three banners are in game models while the Trunks & Freeza banners are the CG cutscene models we saw in the trailer.

Top Bottom