• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Vic_Viper

Been trying to get a good Lv 5 QQ Bang with Stamina but it seems like they really dont want you to make one. I used 2 pieces of Bardock battle suit gear with +5 Stamina each and ended up with -4 Stamina lol.

Where can i find the loot table for the raid?

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/janemba-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-raid-quest-announced/

"The raid quest commences on Sunday, November 13 and lasts from 9:00 AM PST until 5:00 PM PST. As aforementioned, the main villain of this quest is Janemba. You can see the rewards you can get posted below.

Everyone who participates will get a Hercule Badge (which can be redeemed for zeni) and Trendy Shoes for their feet

If Janemba gets to level 99 and is defeated at that level, everyone who participates on your platform (PS4, Xbox One, or PC) will get 10 TP medals

The specific group of players who defeated Janemba at level 99 will get an additional 25 TP medals

Those who contribute 2,000 points worth of damage to Janemba will get a Topnot wig accessory

Those who contribute 50,000 points worth of damage to Janemba will get a Janemba’s sword accessory"

Edit: Btw, anyone looking forward to Dragon Ball Fusions, the release date got bumped up to this Thursday!!!

Farewell

Been trying to get a good Lv 5 QQ Bang with Stamina but it seems like they really dont want you to make one. I used 2 pieces of Bardock battle suit gear with +5 Stamina each and ended up with -4 Stamina lol.

http://attackofthefanboy.com/news/janemba-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-raid-quest-announced/

"The raid quest commences on Sunday, November 13 and lasts from 9:00 AM PST until 5:00 PM PST. As aforementioned, the main villain of this quest is Janemba. You can see the rewards you can get posted below.

Everyone who participates will get a Hercule Badge (which can be redeemed for zeni) and Trendy Shoes for their feet

If Janemba gets to level 99 and is defeated at that level, everyone who participates on your platform (PS4, Xbox One, or PC) will get 10 TP medals

The specific group of players who defeated Janemba at level 99 will get an additional 25 TP medals

Those who contribute 2,000 points worth of damage to Janemba will get a Topnot wig accessory

Those who contribute 50,000 points worth of damage to Janemba will get a Janemba’s sword accessory"

Thank you!

chaosaeon

I posted this in the Buy/Sell thread but it may be better to ask in here where people are actively interested in the game, lol. I'm thinking about switching to PC so would anyone be interested in my north american PS4 steelbook version of the game for the same price as the standard version ? It also has the manga/guide, the disc soundtrack and the Black Goku/ Tao stick codes too.

HardRojo

Just got the game. Can't play for too long today because I need to finish some stuff first, but I'd like to read some guides and tutorials that explain the fighting mechanics. I'm a fighting games fan so I definitely want to know what I'm able to do and not just mash buttons brainlessly, how to perform combos, evasion mechanics and all that stuff.

Nordicus

Just got the game. Can't play for too long today because I need to finish some stuff first, but I'd like to read some guides and tutorials that explain the fighting mechanics. I'm a fighting games fan so I definitely want to know what I'm able to do and not just mash buttons brainlessly, how to perform combos, evasion mechanics and all that stuff.
The game itself is actually a pretty good first step for that. Elder Kai's Trials (that are completely optional) near the Patrol Academy are advanced tutorials for stuff like that.

The game itself is actually a pretty good first step for that. Elder Kai's Trials (that are completely optional) near the Patrol Academy are advanced tutorials for stuff like that.

To add to this, while the tutorials are good at teaching, note that some of the harder tutorials want you to perform unreliable combos, so it will take a bit of luck to get them recognised. It's frustrating, but ultimately doable if you persevere.

Like, the combo itself will be fine, but the opponent you're wailing on reacts differently every time. So don't worry if you're having trouble in one of them--it's not you, it's the game.

Nordicus

To add to this, while the tutorials are good at teaching, note that some of the harder tutorials want you to perform unreliable combos, so it will take a bit of luck to get them recognised. It's frustrating, but ultimately doable if you persevere.
I need to test whether it's actually random or whether the buffer for the input is just really tight.

In other news:

Guys, when you stand on the ground rather than fly, your standard stamina regeneration rate is TRIPLED

Revven

Guys, when you stand on the ground rather than fly, your standard stamina regeneration rate is TRIPLED

Knew this, been using it all the time since I found out about it. :)

It's really mindgamey in PvP, too. People think you're just idling there but in reality you're raising your stamina to be higher than theirs (or about even depending on where you are in the match and how much you have vanished/used an evasive).

Sky-like stages don't have this benefit (because they actually lack a floor; the invisible blue floor isn't counted as ground to stand on) so be mindful of the stage you pick. And you have to be standing still, you can't do any other action (yes, not even guarding) otherwise you won't recover the stamina.

It's another reason to never pick stages like Tree of Might (even with its awesome music lol).

Nordicus

Knew this, been using it all the time since I found out about it. :)
I heard about it rather vague terms, first thinking it's placebo, but then I went to training mode to actually test it. Yeah, huge difference.

It's really mindgamey in PvP, too. People think you're just idling there but in reality you're raising your stamina to be higher than theirs (or about even depending on where you are in the match and how much you have vanished/used an evasive).
I've seen some decent players land on the ground but I more thought that they were just getting a little distance to play defensively and prepare to Just Guard or counter any approach.

Speaking of PvP, I need to see is Broly is any good for it. Tested his combos and they are just gross. Inbuilt foolproof infinites and really easy combo finisher supers with high burst potential.

Janemba was a bust. I wanted him to be good, but he only really has 1 really good super (Sledgehammer would be fine too with a more consistent melee moveset), and while the ends of his combos are efficient, fun and safe, the starts of his combos are complete opposite: low damage, boring, and horribly janky.

I need to test whether it's actually random or whether the buffer for the input is just really tight.

In other news:

I'd love to hear the result of your test. I'm curious myself.

And WHAT!?!?!?

Nordicus

And WHAT!?!?!?
Yes. In training mode I used a stopwatch to check how much it took for my Majin to recover 200 Stamina on the ground and in the air.

It was something like 11 seconds in the air, and 3.4 seconds on the ground. Even if I were to assume that I screwed up pressing the button and that the difference is smaller than my results, it's still difficult to argue against land stamina recovery being at least 250% the rate of air stamina recovery.

Stamina break duration was roughly the same however.

In other news:

It´s been like this since the first game though.

Yes. In training mode I used a stopwatch to check how much it took for my Majin to recover 200 Stamina on the ground and in the air.

It was something like 11 seconds in the air, and 3.4 seconds on the ground. Even if I were to assume that I screwed up pressing the button and that the difference is smaller than my results, it's still difficult to argue against land stamina recovery being at least 250% the rate of air stamina recovery.

Stamina break duration was roughly the same however.

Man. I feel like they should mention this somewhere.

I actually think I heard about this in the first game, but forgot about it.

In other news:

Hm...I had no idea. This will help me even more in pvp.

Kalentan

spoilers for the 'secret ending'

I'm not so sure how I feel about them. It was cool to fight as Bardock and the Future Gohan being saved was cool as well... but then you realize those are the only two missions and there isn't something to explain what happened to Bardock or what happens now that Future Gohan is alive. I'm guessing Xenoverse 3 will explain it and maybe finally have some real deviation stuff.

No humans also have kaioken and potential unleashed. Haven't played as a namekian but I think both of those apply there too.
Yes. Kaioken and Potential Unleashed are for everyone.

Humans get Power Pole Pro, Namekians get Giant-Form, Majinn get Pure Form (Kid Buu), Frost Demons get Golden Form, Saiyan get Super Saiyan, SSJ2, SSJ3, Super Vegeta, Super Vegeta 2, and Future Super Saiyan.

Honestly they should add Max Power (Roshi) and Four Witches (Tien) for humans.

Laiza

It's just really tight.

I can do the combo consistently now. The problem is that the window to hit your stamina break is something like maaaaybe 10 frames, if that. You have to do it pretty much exactly when your dash ends.

Took me a whole lot of practice to get it down, and I still mess it up every now and then (usually by hitting it just a smidgen too late). I hardly use it in actual practice anymore since I can just do 5 lights -> stamina break or LHL -> stamina break instead, with none of the chance of failure. It still has its uses though, since it's the fastest way by far to guarantee a stamina break once an opponent's stamina has dropped below 1 bar (which is a window you absolutely want to take advantage of whenever possible).

Kalentan

So with Xenoverse 2 selling well I have to ask... how are they going to deal with Goku Black in Xenoverse 3? Or more accurately, how are they going to explain Future Trunks. Maybe this will be explained in XV2 DLC, but the Trunks we fight along side is the Trunks we know from DBZ... Will he just suddenly remember that arc? Or will they just explain that there's a divergence in the timeline where Future Trunks is from and so there's one where Goku Black appeared and one where he didn't and therefore Trunks became a Time Patroller?

McNum

Is there a faster way to grind dragonballs? So far, I've just be grinding PQ4 and resetting if the time patrollers don't drop their balls
Create a new character, skip everything, defeat Raditz, go to the school area and defeat the ! marked time patroller there. Guaranteed dragon ball every time.

Of course this does mean you'll be creating and deleting a lot of characters, but you don't lose your dragon balls if you delete a character. They are shared between all of them.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
So with Xenoverse 2 selling well I have to ask... how are they going to deal with Goku Black in Xenoverse 3? Or more accurately, how are they going to explain Future Trunks. Maybe this will be explained in XV2 DLC, but the Trunks we fight along side is the Trunks we know from DBZ... Will he just suddenly remember that arc? Or will they just explain that there's a divergence in the timeline where Future Trunks is from and so there's one where Goku Black appeared and one where he didn't and therefore Trunks became a Time Patroller?
Super will likely be regarded as another alternate timeline, much like the movies and GT.

Super will likely be regarded as another alternate timeline, much like the movies and GT.

Pretty much , the new egg will be the start of a new timeline with new possibilities. It'll be similar to how they handled the future gohan timeline in XV2

What's a good super soul for a strike female majin? I've been using Before Creation Comes Ruin for my Ki builds, and was hoping there'd be some sort of strike equivalent

Nordicus

It's just really tight.

I can do the combo consistently now. The problem is that the window to hit your stamina break is something like maaaaybe 10 frames, if that. You have to do it pretty much exactly when your dash ends.

Took me a whole lot of practice to get it down, and I still mess it up every now and then (usually by hitting it just a smidgen too late).
Yeah, redoing the trials, I have no reason to believe that there is randomness to AI in recovering from knockback. That said the camera is the culprit to it feeling like it is. You have to get the stamina break out right as you've stopped for it to hit, and camera not following you well enough, can hinder you from doing it properly for fraction of a second.

That said, I did encounter some bugs. First, Adult Gohan once failed to do the Up version of the knock back chase, locking me in the example section until I pressed Retry.

Second, Gohan played the "you haven't gotten the lesson right so far" line right as I was supposed to get the congratulatory line and progress to the next lesson, so I didn't get the next section at all and was stuck at old lesson without instructions. That's some weird trigger priority right there
I hardly use it in actual practice anymore since I can just do 5 lights -> stamina break or LHL -> stamina break instead, with none of the chance of failure. It still has its uses though, since it's the fastest way by far to guarantee a stamina break once an opponent's stamina has dropped below 1 bar (which is a window you absolutely want to take advantage of whenever possible).
I use it usually to give myself a safe infinite combo and force an Evasive or Z-vanish out of my opponent.
Okay, sohow do I actually do the raid? I cant find it?
If you can log-in to the server properly as you get in the hub, the rift for the raid can be found in the sky, to the west way past Hercule's rift.

DBSuper spoilers:

I can't wait for Xenoverse 3 (or Xenoverse 2 DLC?) where I get a Spirit Bomb Sword ultimate to stab the shit out of bad guys with.

I'm done with these raids, I have no idea how dimps thought it was a good idea to ship the game with the worst netcode of all time.
Tried for like 1.5 hours and nothing but connection errors, only managed to actually play like 3 times.

utter garbage.

Vic_Viper

When your team dies before the timer and it says you failed, does the score still count for the 50000 damage?

yea pretty sure it doesnt matter.

I got all the rewards last week just for participating, never finished a boss.

Hopefully if they raise the level cap these raids will become alot more manageable.

Edit: Where is the Raid portal location this week?

Zushin

Really fun. I play solo too and I don't feel like I'm missing out. Be sure to read some guides because some stuff can be obtuse.

Remember, this is an RPG first and a fighting game second.

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the answer. Might pick it up when I get some spare coin or it goes on sale. Definitely interested. Is there a ton of grinding and fetch quests? I've been ruined from Witcher and Souls in terms of fetch quests and the variety / lack of, respectively.

NeonZ

The Super manga is suggesting that Black created another timeline with his actions. They could just go with that, even though it contradicts the anime's comment about the newest time ring being from years ago.

Farewell

yea pretty sure it doesnt matter.

I got all the rewards last week just for participating, never finished a boss.

Hopefully if they raise the level cap these raids will become alot more manageable.

Edit: Where is the Raid portal location this week?

Ah ok nice.

The portal is up right from the orange school.

Fj0823

DBSuper spoilers:

I can't wait for Xenoverse 3 (or Xenoverse 2 DLC?) where I get a Spirit Bomb Sword ultimate to stab the shit out of bad guys with.

Trunks
will be so OP in future games, it's actually kinda funny.

Also will they implement the
Potara Fusion
nerf?

Nordicus

Sorry for the late reply. Thanks for the answer. Might pick it up when I get some spare coin or it goes on sale. Definitely interested. Is there a ton of grinding and fetch quests? I've been ruined from Witcher and Souls in terms of fetch quests and the variety / lack of, respectively.
First, the repetition is Xenoverse's biggest sin and there is no avoiding it.

Second, if you have expectations for most games, especially ones from Japan, to learn how to avoid grind, you're a loonie

"Game A should absolutely learn to weave an amazing narrative into every part of i-" No

"Game B has to have level design on the level where travel is intuitive even without maps and every square meter serves a gameplay purpos-" Again, no.

If you're bringing Dark Souls and Witcher comparisons to a game that was always a fan service brawler, you are always going to be disappointed at the game industry. Witcher 3 and the Souls games are absolute masterpieces of game design, GOTY winner material.

I wonder if the unlocked potential thing is indicative of future level caps.

Would be neat if DLC 4 increased the level cap to 125 and they give every species a new transformation to go with it, like ssb for saiyans, or max power for humans.
Maybe lock it at like lvl 100, like potential unleased was locked at 93.

Zushin

First, the repetition is Xenoverse's biggest sin and there is no avoiding it.

Second, if you have expectations for most games, especially ones from Japan, to learn how to avoid grind, you're a loonie

"Game A should absolutely learn to weave an amazing narrative into every part of i-" No

"Game B has to have level design on the level where travel is intuitive even without maps and every square meter serves a gameplay purpos-" Again, no.

If you're bringing Dark Souls and Witcher comparisons to a game that was always a fan service brawler, you are always going to be disappointed at the game industry. Witcher 3 and the Souls games are absolute masterpieces of game design, GOTY winner material.

So in other words, yes there's grinding lol.

Nordicus

Bomb ki blast type seems to have some potential for combos. It launches pretty quickly and the caused knockback isn't too strong. You have to hold down the Ki button during the last hits of your combo

Laiza

I wonder if the unlocked potential thing is indicative of future level caps.

Would be neat if DLC 4 increased the level cap to 125 and they give every species a new transformation to go with it, like ssb for saiyans, or max power for humans.
Maybe lock it at like lvl 100, like potential unleased was locked at 93.
I hadn't considered the possibility of the level cap going above 100 since the last game capped at 99, but now that you mention it, it IS a possibility.

I doubt they're going to add god transforms before XV3 (just judging by the answers to the interviews they gave before the game's release). That being said, if they really do plan on supporting the game for over a year this time around, I can't put it past them, either.

I still want transforming SS hair, though. It's hard for me to get excited for SSB knowing my Saiyan's hair is still going to be the same between that and base.

Damn so disapointed by the event .
The event was cool and janemba was great threat ..but On PS4 , we only went to lv 95 and i personnaly didn't manage to get the sword.

Really cool event , but there wasn't nearly enough time to clear it

Did the PC users or Xbone Users managed to get the lv 99 ?

Farewell

Noo didn't get the sword, was playing for hours and when i checked my total damage at the end it was just about 27000.

I really need to look into some guides for the best skills or something.

Top Bottom