• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Kalentan

Everything will be canon.

To quote the supreme kai of time :" don't get worked up in the details "

Oh I know. I'm just saying that it seems like Xenoverse won't consider BoG and RoF as a different timeline whereas they might consider the Universe 6 arc to be an alternate timeline and on.

lcap

Guys, I just can't unlock Kamehameha from the parallel quest for nothing. I may have done the mission for, like, 10 times and still nothing. Is there a special condition to unlock it? I'm almost on level 40, but nothing on kamehameha.

i did just under 7k damage with only two fights against him. it'd be nice if being able to stay in a match wasn't so hit or miss.

The Raid is still going in America right? I can't find the damn thing.

still going on pc

Guys, I just can't unlock Kamehameha from the parallel quest for nothing. I may have done the mission for, like, 10 times and still nothing. Is there a special condition to unlock it? I'm almost on level 40, but nothing on kamehameha.

are you getting the ultimate finish? no idea if that matters, but i think it helps

What is the auto patrol, and what constitutes how much you get from it? Never understood it in X1.

it's from when your character shows up in other peoples' parallel quests (i.e. how you get Dragon Balls in your own game)

my guess your character is just randomly chosen from all the different available players. Not sure how they determine items and money though. Maybe it depends on how many hits your character managed to get in.

Durden77

it's from when your character shows up in other peoples' parallel quests (i.e. how you get Dragon Balls in your own game)

my guess your character is just randomly chosen from all the different available players. Not sure how they determine items and money though. Maybe it depends on how many hits your character managed to get in.

Ohhh ok weird.

Also, how the hell do I get more expert missions? I'm pretty sure I'm done with the story and I've done a shit ton of PQs, but I still only have the 3 rufts including the tutorial ones.

Laiza

You get more expert missions by clearing the highest one you have unlocked either offline or as a host online. (Apparently you can fail offline once and then join someone else online and get credit that way, but I haven't tested that, so don't take my word for it.)

Durden77

You get more expert missions by clearing the highest one you have unlocked either offline or as a host online. (Apparently you can fail offline once and then join someone else online and get credit that way, but I haven't tested that, so don't take my word for it.)

Waaaah that's kind of dumb. Some people are never gonna know that. Cleared the first real one a few times but just by joining a match.

This game is a lot better than X1 at explaining shit but there's still too much un-contexualized shit.

LaNaranja

Beating that final combo challenge might actually be the hardest gaming thing I have done all year. So much trial and error getting that stamina break to land. And then often times when it would actually connect I would be caught off guard and scramble to do the rest of the combo resulting in me screwing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gguN1h9jOpg

Anyway, I really like the difficulty in the later parallel quests. It doesn't feel cheap like it did in Xenoverse 1 with bad guys having super armor and spamming infinite ki blasts. Also does anyone know where to get Super Guard? It is the attack tracksuit Gohan has. It would go great with my Namekian when his stamina breaks post giant form.

Nordicus

Beating that final combo challenge might actually be the hardest gaming thing I have done all year. So much trial and error getting that stamina break to land. And then often times when it would actually connect I would be caught off guard and scramble to do the rest of the combo resulting in me screwing up.
Hahaha, I know how that feels.
Anyway, I really like the difficulty in the later parallel quests. It doesn't feel cheap like it did in Xenoverse 1 with bad guys having super armor and spamming infinite ki blasts.
Yeah. The 7-star PQs have me using recovery items because I'm actually getting my ass beat from time to time.

Jaeger

spoilers for the 'secret ending'

I'm not so sure how I feel about them. It was cool to fight as Bardock and the Future Gohan being saved was cool as well... but then you realize those are the only two missions and there isn't something to explain what happened to Bardock or what happens now that Future Gohan is alive. I'm guessing Xenoverse 3 will explain it and maybe finally have some real deviation stuff.

How do I get that ending?

Tsunamo

How do I get that ending?
Get the time eggs from Mr.Satan, Porunga, one of Freezas soldiers, Buu, Bulma. (there might be one more but I can't think of it)

I'm not too sure if it needs to be post-game to do it, but when you get all of them the story mission icon should pop up on the map and you can do it.

Buu's get all his kids born, Freeza is do all the missions and get to the highest ranking there (dodoria, zarbon, cooler, freeza, golden freeza, work your way up to the end), Namek is talk to Porunga by completing defend the Dragon Balls missions (possibly have to get into his room twice?) Mr. Satan is do all the great Saiyaman 1/2 with Jaco missions and i'm not sure on the others unforunately.

It's easier than it sounds to unlock though.

ffvorax

Damn, Expert Mission 15 is so hard... :(

Tried six times, usually arrive to fight frieza and then die... many time 'cause of the giant energy ball... or by that "dark circle" move that hit everyone mostly everywhere... think I understood I can't avoid it so I try to guard but it hits in any case sometimes.... :(

Get the time eggs from Mr.Satan, Porunga, one of Freezas soldiers, Buu, Bulma. (there might be one more but I can't think of it)

I'm not too sure if it needs to be post-game to do it, but when you get all of them the story mission icon should pop up on the map and you can do it.

Buu's get all his kids born, Freeza is do all the missions and get to the highest ranking there (dodoria, zarbon, cooler, freeza, golden freeza, work your way up to the end), Namek is talk to Porunga by completing defend the Dragon Balls missions (possibly have to get into his room twice?) Mr. Satan is do all the great Saiyaman 1/2 with Jaco missions and i'm not sure on the others unforunately.

It's easier than it sounds to unlock though.

Porunga is the Namek dragon lol...

Damn, Expert Mission 15 is so hard... :(

Tried six times, usually arrive to fight frieza and then die... many time 'cause of the giant energy ball... or by that "dark circle" move that hit everyone mostly everywhere... think I understood I can't avoid it so I try to guard but it hits in any case sometimes.... :(

Use the destructo disc super move and spam it over and over again. You can survive the "dark circles" attack with an evasive move where you guard with you ki. The move will not hurt you while guarding with the skill.
The mission is quite easy doing it like this.

Kalentan

So is it generally accepted that the reason why the DBZ characters don't remember the Future Warrior is because once the timeline is 'fixed' it goes back exactly to what happened before?

Like for example:

When the Metal Coolers attack during the Cell Saga, once you clean that up. Gohan and all of them wouldn't remember that happening. Right?

Honestly if that is how it works, I really wouldn't mind them canonizing Xenoverse. Not like it contradicts anything in the series. At least, as far as I know.

ffvorax

Use the destructo disc super move and spam it over and over again. You can survive the "dark circles" attack with an evasive move where you guard with you ki. The move will not hurt you while guarding with the skill.
The mission is quite easy doing it like this.

Did it yesterday night (italy here) after 15 try...
I used Metal Cooler spamming the death ray (I think it's the name)... fast, powerful!

I need to buy (get) it also for my patroller! :O

Going to try the next one today after work! :D

That said, so hard... I don't get why make it so much harder than all the others!
I also was wondering if with a coop party of people using the right skills it would be much easier... for example using the ability that regenerate health.

But I had so many disconnection that I did it offline at the end... :(

At what level will Frieza be my mentor? I'm level 42 and he just takes the piss out of my power level and tells me to go away when I speak to him.

EDIT: Never mind I'm dumb.

Sephzilla

So is it generally accepted that the reason why the DBZ characters don't remember the Future Warrior is because once the timeline is 'fixed' it goes back exactly to what happened before?

This is kind of my headcanon as well. Once you fix things to the point where the original outcome happens again, the timeline fixes itself and thus nobody remembers you.

McNum

This is kind of my headcanon as well. Once you fix things to the point where the original outcome happens again, the timeline fixes itself and thus nobody remembers you.
Yeah, it seems like when the outcome is close enough, the Supreme Kai of Time can weave it back into the normal flow of time and no one will notice. I think the first game alluded to this once. If the change sticks, the ends of the scroll won't fit, so time gets distorted, but if it's close enough, it can be mended as good as new. Almost. Gods will notice the change. If a piece of history involving Beerus gets changed, he will remember all the versions. And probably show up all grumpycat in the Time Nest.

Vic_Viper

GameStop still hasn't shipped their Son Goku statues and it was supposed to release today. The date got changed to 11/25 in the app which has me alil worried that it's just not coming since probably no one pre ordered accept me lol. Might have to just buy the CE on Amazon if it doesn't come Black Friday if Amazon even still has them in stock :(

Close to getting the last few time eggs. Just need Buu's and Freiza's. I just did the Cooler fight for Frieza and working in getting the 5th Buu.

Anyone know a good QQ Bang recipe for high Stamina, Ki, and Health? Seems like I can get 2 but the 3rd is always -5. I'd rather have high Stamina and Ki over health but can't seem to find a good combo.

chaosaeon

GameStop still hasn't shipped their Son Goku statues and it was supposed to release today. The date got changed to 11/25 in the app which has me alil worried that it's just not coming since probably no one pre ordered accept me lol. Might have to just buy the CE on Amazon if it doesn't come Black Friday if Amazon even still has them in stock :(

Close to getting the last few time eggs. Just need Buu's and Freiza's. I just did the Cooler fight for Frieza and working in getting the 5th Buu.

Anyone know a good QQ Bang recipe for high Stamina, Ki, and Health? Seems like I can get 2 but the 3rd is always -5. I'd rather have high Stamina and Ki over health but can't seem to find a good combo.

If/when you get the gamestop one can you post some pics ? Would be nice to see if it really is different than the the CE after all.

cordy

Banned
Hmm...I've got some questions....

- I've beaten the Story and all the Parallel Quests but I'm still missing 4 characters. I'm assuming they're gotten by wishes, right? If so...then why am I still missing some variations of people? I'm missing one of Trunks, Adult Gohan's original one, just random stuff like that, why?
- Where can I get some of the other Kamehameha Ultimates? I haven't even seen Super, Final, just a ton I'm missing out on.

Jaeger

- I've beaten the Story and all the Parallel Quests but I'm still missing 4 characters. I'm assuming they're gotten by wishes, right? If so...then why am I still missing some variations of people? I'm missing one of Trunks, Adult Gohan's original one, just random stuff like that, why?
- Where can I get some of the other Kamehameha Ultimates? I haven't even seen Super, Final, just a ton I'm missing out on.

You have to use the Dragon Balls to obtain the last four.

RedSnake

-Have you done ALL Parallel Quests? If so you might have to Z rank some for the variations (but I really doubt it).
-Final Kamehameha is a drop on a Parallel Quest (can't remember the one), Warp Kame is a drop as well (quest 79?) and so is 100xBig Bang Kame (quest 100). Get Goku as a teacher and he'll show you Super Kame.

Speaking of Blast Ultimates, I finally found a cool combo to connect with Final Kame and that makes me very happy.

cordy

Banned
Yeah I've done every Parallel Quest. I'm missing stuff like Trunk's 3rd costume (a long coat form) and some Ultimate/Specials which are drops so I'm going back and seeing if I can get some better rankings on these things. Not much though.

I'll get the other characters when I wish for them. Man, getting dragonballs is annoying though.

Slaythe

A big balance patch is coming out tomorrow.

Hilarious to see the ranked "pros" cry.

Goodbye God of Destruction's anger, justice combination etc... :p

Caayn

What's with the time patrollers challengers during parallel quests? I'm level 17 but the patrollers I encounter during my missions have double health bars and deal insane amounts of damage. Why aren't the selected patrollers matched to my level or the PQ level?

Take this for example: I'm level 17 as indicated by my partner Goku and I'm challenged by a level 19, 23 and a level 80 patroller.

dbx2caayn1b9r24.png

What's with the time patrollers challengers during parallel quests? I'm lvl 17 but the patrollers I encounter during my missions have double health bars and deal insane amounts of damage. Why aren't the selected patrollers matched to my lvl?

Probably the same reason other aspects of the PQ aren't matched to your level. Come back when you're stronger

What's with the time patrollers challengers during parallel quests? I'm level 17 but the patrollers I encounter during my missions have double health bars and deal insane amounts of damage. Why aren't the selected patrollers matched to my level or the PQ level?

Take this for example: I'm level 17 as indicated by my partner Goku and I'm challenged by a level 19, 23 and a level 80 patroller.

dbx2caayn1b9r24.png

a fairly common sight, actually

fortunately, patrollers in early PQs tend to have the same AI as normal enemies, so it's still possible for you to beat them if you have teammates to assist you

There's a patch for this on consoles tomorrow, and the Steam version will be getting it later. Looks like they're giving in to kneejerk reactions and nerfing things. The one that bothers me the most is Justice Combination. I see people complain about it a lot, but strike builds don't have much else to use. We have a fraction of the overall moveset, and most are either impractical or not viable to use at all. There's been no details on what has been nerfed for each move yet, but I feel it's a bad sign if they're just going to keep nerfing things instead of making the lackluster moves more viable. Most of the strike ultimates are either too slow, have strict hitboxes, do little damage, or a combination of the aforementioned things. It seems odd to make these balance changes for both components of the game when most don't play or take the PvP seriously. DFO does a good job of this with the balance changes being separated between PvE and PvP. I hope I don't wake up tomorrow to hear that the one good strike ultimate has been rendered useless.

Here's a link to the changes.
https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/en/patch-1-03-for-consoles/

anybody have a better method of farming Dragon Balls? This is what I discovered last night.

Female Saiyan specializing in ki blast supers
Ultra Fighting Bomber for the heavy damage
Unlock Potential for the positive all around stat buffs
"I hope you're reborn as someone good this time" super soul, which completely replenishes your ki upon a kill (the description is wrong)
Explosion on Namek PQ

charge up to activate Unlock Potential, kill Frieza quickly to refill ki, then just spam Ultra Fighting Bomber on the patrollers. In my experience they will always guard from UFB rather than attempting to stamina break; despite the characters themselves potentially being high leveled, the AI itself isn't very smart in this mission. The damage will eventually break their own stamina and usually kill them as the attack ends.

I typically complete each attempt in about a minute. UFB is absolutely bonkers when it comes to damage, I'm just curious whether there's a better super soul for this task than the one I'm using. I also tried using the same build on Great Ape Festival, which has two separate fights with three time patrollers, which is two chances of a DB per fight, but the AI is much harsher due to the higher difficulty level and will almost certainly break your stamina.

RedSnake

Uhh why are dragon fist and 20x kaioken in that list...
Dragon fist is already pretty strict in it's hittable requirements and 20x kaioken kame sometimes just straight up fails to fire after the second hit.

Stamina Break + Dragon Fist always works for me and it makes a LOT of damage. I wouldn't nerf it, specilly since it's 500 Ki, but they might reduce the damage and Ki cost.

As for 20x Kaioken they might actually fix it so it hits with the kamehameha. I hate stamina breaking someone and see him fly up super chill right as the blast is comming off.

sephi22

Patch is out. I'm downloading now.
Early impressions from GFaqs indicate that final hit of JC can be instant transmissioned out of, as well as Dragon Strike and Saiyan strike hitting without stamina break

Vic_Viper

If/when you get the gamestop one can you post some pics ? Would be nice to see if it really is different than the the CE after all.

Ended up picking up a CE I found at a GameStop. Love the figure, it's huge and the detail is amazing.

Any word on what the raid will be this weekend? So pissed I missed out on the Janemba Sword last weekend.

Patch is out. I'm downloading now.
Early impressions from GFaqs indicate that final hit of JC can be instant transmissioned out of, as well as Dragon Strike and Saiyan strike hitting without stamina break

Can you test this? because if dragon fist now hits without a stamina break, it's probably 100% guaranteed now after a break, previously it needed at least 5+ bars of stamina to actually land, even after a break.

Top Bottom