• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2 |OT| Just in Time for Super

Piers

Beating that final combo challenge might actually be the hardest gaming thing I have done all year. So much trial and error getting that stamina break to land. And then often times when it would actually connect I would be caught off guard and scramble to do the rest of the combo resulting in me screwing up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gguN1h9jOpg

Anyway, I really like the difficulty in the later parallel quests. It doesn't feel cheap like it did in Xenoverse 1 with bad guys having super armor and spamming infinite ki blasts. Also does anyone know where to get Super Guard? It is the attack tracksuit Gohan has. It would go great with my Namekian when his stamina breaks post giant form.

Some of the combos that fans figure out are even more delicate and sometimes obtuse.
Like Black Goku's Aura Slide can actually be interchangeable, similar to Marth's Sword Dance from Smash Bros.
The most interesting thing is that 'auto-vanishes' (during standard comboes) can be cancelled with. step-dash or guard. I don't think the AI exploits this.

Ended up picking up a CE I found at a GameStop. Love the figure, it's huge and the detail is amazing.

Any word on what the raid will be this weekend? So pissed I missed out on the Janemba Sword last weekend.
You can check the leaderboards by the time station for upcoming events. The sword was only acquired by 540 players on PS4, similar numbers on the other platforms. The raids need a big overhaul.

There's a patch for this on consoles tomorrow, and the Steam version will be getting it later. Looks like they're giving in to kneejerk reactions and nerfing things. The one that bothers me the most is Justice Combination. I see people complain about it a lot, but strike builds don't have much else to use. We have a fraction of the overall moveset, and most are either impractical or not viable to use at all. There's been no details on what has been nerfed for each move yet, but I feel it's a bad sign if they're just going to keep nerfing things instead of making the lackluster moves more viable. Most of the strike ultimates are either too slow, have strict hitboxes, do little damage, or a combination of the aforementioned things. It seems odd to make these balance changes for both components of the game when most don't play or take the PvP seriously. DFO does a good job of this with the balance changes being separated between PvE and PvP. I hope I don't wake up tomorrow to hear that the one good strike ultimate has been rendered useless.

Here's a link to the changes.
https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/en/patch-1-03-for-consoles/
I always try to make a good strike super build but this is upsetting news if they are messing with stuff which is average at best already.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=belmYZKpMfM

video covering the patch changes.

Justice Combo was only nerfed in that you can vanish out of the final hit.
Dragon Fist now hits even without a stamina break, but you can vanish out of it

20x Kaioken Kamehameha now hits properly on a stamina broken opponent but is otherwise apparently still buggy

Those are fine. I was scared that they'd nerf Justice Combo's damage. And Dragon Fist is no longer nearly useless if your oponent has little stamina.

Piers

I see people complain about it a lot, but strike builds don't have much else to use.

Strike Supers/Ultimates seem more like they're there for the sake of having a different category than practical reasoning, and I'm surprised they haven't just merged them together as simply Supers/Ultimates. Flashy attacks are hardly combos in DBZ, and even if they are, characters quite often have them as basic combos in Xenoverse regardless.

Being close and personal by de facto happens due to the combat system and the only time a combo practically ends is with a long-distance attack, which typically are Ki-based ones.

Vic_Viper

http://www.db-z.com/1er-dlc-de-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-annonce/

First DLC pack announced (translated from French via Reddit):

4 new characters :

Goku (SSGSS Kaioken)
Hit with a new ultimate attack
Cabba
Frost

5 new teachers:

Future Gohan
Bardock
Cooler
Android 16
Whis

6 new clothes and accessories.
24 new attacks

New event: Invasion of Freeza's Army

Would really like to see the Tournament from Super be added since they already have an area on the map for it thats not being used yet. Were there tourneys in XV1?

Savitar

http://www.db-z.com/1er-dlc-de-dragon-ball-xenoverse-2-annonce/

First DLC pack announced (translated from French via Reddit):

4 new characters :

Goku (SSGSS Kaioken)
Hit with a new ultimate attack
Cabba
Frost

5 new teachers:

Future Gohan
Bardock
Cooler
Android 16
Whis

6 new clothes and accessories.
24 new attacks

New event: Invasion of Freeza's Army

Would really like to see the Tournament from Super be added since they already have an area on the map for it thats not being used yet. Were there tourneys in XV1?

One of the benefits of not having this game until Christmas, get stuff like this to enjoy when start.

Caim

http://www.saiyanisland.com/2016/11...ssgss-kaioken-goku-new-instructors-confirmed/

According to a comment on that link this is what each tutor teaches:

- Bardock: Riot Javelin, Tyrant Lancer, Rebellion Spear and Brave Heart

- Cooler: Destructive Ray, Shadow Crusher, Feint Strike, Supernova Cooler and Fake Blast

- Whis: Prelude to Destruction, Strike of Revelation, Final Blow and Symphonic Destruction

- Future Gohan: Super Explosive Wave, Sonic Rush, Senko Ki Blast, One Handed Kamehameha Mk II, and Energy Dome

- Android 16: Android Rush, Rocket Tackle, Eye Beam and Hells Flash

Slaythe

I'm in a special situation, I had to get the game twice (NA and EU), because I didn't know they were soft region locking the PVP and so while i could play with friends, it was mission impossible to play with fellow europeans randomly.

So I got the EU version afterwards and lost Black.

Oh well, I'm sure he will get a better version in the season pass.

I finished the first game last night on PC. The only thing that really got to me was seeing no shortage of people in the lobby (okay, the same people that seem to have left the game on 24/7 to show off their costumes) while an online PQ was shy of impossible to get. I ran two in my entire playthrough.

It's an older game, so I figure the population could be better. Is this an issue in 2? On PC? On all platforms?

It looks like the console versions are solid now, but I wouldn't want to be stuck without being able to import my save.

Piers

I finished the first game last night on PC. The only thing that really got to me was seeing no shortage of people in the lobby (okay, the same people that seem to have left the game on 24/7 to show off their costumes) while an online PQ was shy of impossible to get. I ran two in my entire playthrough.

It's an older game, so I figure the population could be better. Is this an issue in 2? On PC? On all platforms?

It looks like the console versions are solid now, but I wouldn't want to be stuck without being able to import my save.

Unsure of other consoles but on PC there certainly are PQs available but the majority of players would rather just do Offline PQs by themselves. Whether this is primarily because of ongoing connection issues or lack of patience is hard to say.

The PC version is still FUBAR, to put it nicely. Memory leaks, stuttering, crashes, bosses going out of bounds, people cheating online, and more. I can't imagine how pissed off the PC community will get if next week's patch doesn't fix most of the issues. The stuttering has gotten so bad for me that I can't even finish a single PQ or record one video before it starts memory leaking. I'm hoping they patch it before Black Friday so I can decide to get it on PS4 before then.

Seems like DLC pack 1 is the U6 arc. We prob won't get Magetta.

Hopefully DLC 2 is SSJ Rose Black, Zamas, Merged Zamas & Vegeto

DLC 3 I can see being Bojack, Janemba, Hirudergam & Tapion

Can't be helped if sticking to offline PQs is more of a player mentality thing. That's all pretty rough sounding bug-wise. Kinda shocked after a pretty smooth experience with the first game. One crash and a handful of disconnects were all of my technical difficulties. But one I played years late and one just came out.

Thanks a ton. Worst case scenario I could see myself double dipping.

Probably too recent of a release to expect a sale any time soon.

Laiza

Not sure what setup Tetsuo9999 is running with, but I've had no technical issues here aside from odd alt-tab issues (falling through the world and inputs being registered even while alt-tabbed) and the giant ki blast bugs that will most likely be fixed in the coming update.

Otherwise, the framerate is rock-solid and the game is an improvement on its prequel on all fronts.

Bodes well for XV3, really. Assuming the sequel gets more dev time as they said it would, it's going to be HUGE.

Not sure what setup Tetsuo9999 is running with, but I've had no technical issues here aside from odd alt-tab issues (falling through the world and inputs being registered even while alt-tabbed) and the giant ki blast bugs that will most likely be fixed in the coming update.

Otherwise, the framerate is rock-solid and the game is an improvement on its prequel on all fronts.

Bodes well for XV3, really. Assuming the sequel gets more dev time as they said it would, it's going to be HUGE.

It's not happening to everyone, but I'm not the only one to report about it. It's been memory leaking like crazy and others have been talking about it too. I hope they fix it since it's the only game I play that's messed my PC up that badly.

Has anyone found a QQ Bang recipe that gives plus 5 to Stamina, Basic Attack, and Ki Supers? Or Ki, Stamina, and Basic Attack? I haven't found any with that combination yet. Always seems to give negative 5 for Basic Attack.

Well .. i'm actually glad that they created some content for XV2 because the base they had with XV1 was solid ... but this game does rethread the same old ground XV1 had.
SOme PQ have nice variations and it's clear that the feedback from the Hubs and the mission structure was heard... but if a XV3 happens , i don't think i'll be able to replay all those PQ again.

Now , credits where it's due .. The battle system is way more fun now , The drop rate is actually decent this time , the AI is actually a threat if you're not carefull and the combo possibilities are huge.
But for the love of god , do put a lot of time with the amount of content.

The expert missions were a nice idea but it still need some polish.
The simple quests on the hub were a nice idea.
The netcode is actually still good even with 1 bar.
The story including your old XV1 character was a damn good idea.

Just ... don't rush XV3 ..do think on where you should take things around

Piers

Surprised they still left some transformations as completely separate characters — SSJ Blue Goku/Vegeta have no variations, and their base form even have the Whis training clothes. Even with multiple transformations they could do what was smartly done with Kaio-ken: change the level of transformation based on the amount of Ki. I think this is even how Budokai 3 did it.

And, hell…Super Vegeta for CaCs, right? They're fairly boring forms, so they could even be replaced with SSJ4/God if they're pressured enough by fans. (Personally hope not, SSJ3 feels like enough)

Slaythe

Well .. i'm actually glad that they created some content for XV2 because the base they had with XV1 was solid ... but this game does rethread the same old ground XV1 had.
SOme PQ have nice variations and it's clear that the feedback from the Hubs and the mission structure was heard... but if a XV3 happens , i don't think i'll be able to replay all those PQ again.

Now , credits where it's due .. The battle system is way more fun now , The drop rate is actually decent this time , the AI is actually a threat if you're not carefull and the combo possibilities are huge.
But for the love of god , do put a lot of time with the amount of content.

The expert missions were a nice idea but it still need some polish.
The simple quests on the hub were a nice idea.
The netcode is actually still good even with 1 bar.
The story including your old XV1 character was a damn good idea.

They have one fiscal year, there is no way around that.

They are contracted to put out a DBZ console game per year. So they do what they can in that lapse of time.

Xv 1 to XV 2, on top of the content, saw a technical overhaul, dynamic contrast, 60 fps no drops, no input delay. Radically changes the game.

They did a great job with the time they had. And the support is gonna be pretty decent.

Did they ever add transformations in the DLC for XV1? I'd love to have SSJ4 or SSJB for Saiyans.

Max Power and Four Witches for humans too.

What ? no. Never.

Wear a wig.

Ingeniero

Game kinda dragged in the beginning but I'm having a lot of fun now. Lvl 29 saiyan.

I'm so cool to see my hero from XV1 in story mode.

https://www.dragonball-videogames.com/en/first-dlc-content-and-free-update/

Dear Time Patrollers,

Today, we are excited to share some news about the first DLC pack for Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2! We know you were eager to learn more!

The update for the game will be available on December 20th and will consist of a free update for all players and the content of the first DLC pack (available through the Season Pass or purchased individually). Exclusive content will also be available through the VIP corner with this update for free.

Let’s begin with the free updates:

New skill for SSGSS Goku: Awakened Skill Kaioken times 10!
New skill for Hit: Awakened Skill Pure Progress
6 new costumes
4 new attacks
A new event for everyone: Frieza’s Siege! Be ready to defend Conton City against Frieza’s Army, there are 10 new Jersey costumes to win!
A new Raid Quest featuring Evil Yamcha, with an exclusive title to win!

Exclusive content will also be available through the Bandai Namco Entertainment Europe VIP Corner for free (more details coming soon):

5 new teachers: Future Gohan, Bardock, Cooler, Android 16, Whis
20 new attacks taught by the new teachers

The first DLC pack will be available at the same time and here is the first glimpse of it content:

2 new playable characters: Cabbe (with his Super Saiyan transformation) and Frost (Final Form)
One new master: Hit
5 new attacks
3 new Parallel Quests
2 new costumes
5 Super Souls
2 emotes

Hit as a mentor has me excited for the paid DLC, but that free content is surprisingly plentiful as well

Say it with me, Bando-Namcai: "Dynamic Super Saiyan Hair!"
The PC version is still FUBAR, to put it nicely. Memory leaks, stuttering, crashes, bosses going out of bounds, people cheating online, and more. I can't imagine how pissed off the PC community will get if next week's patch doesn't fix most of the issues. The stuttering has gotten so bad for me that I can't even finish a single PQ or record one video before it starts memory leaking. I'm hoping they patch it before Black Friday so I can decide to get it on PS4 before then.

Oh wow. Is this why the game completely locked up my computer one time?

What a shame.

Sephzilla

Can one of the updates include changing the names of SSGSS Goku and SSGSS Vegeta? There's no reason they should be using those names since it's been called Super Saiyan Blue for a while now

Say it with me, Bando-Namcai: "Dynamic Super Saiyan Hair!"

Oh wow. Is this why the game completely locked up my computer one time?

What a shame.

It seems like something that's not happening to everyone (unlike Arkham Knight), but there's enough people reporting about it for it to be a problem. I've seen people post about it with both mid-range PCs like mine (750Ti, 8GB RAM, i5-3570k), to people with rigs that should be able to walk all over a game like this. Some have reported their resource usage to increase dramatically when playing this game. Hopefully this week's patch fixes it.

Kalentan

So how the hell do you beat (final boss spoilers)
Mira in under 2 minutes? I'm level 76 and I'm focused in Strikes and I just cannot down him fast enough cause of all his dodging and it's impossible to stamina break cause he just teleports away.

So how the hell do you beat (final boss spoilers)
Mira in under 2 minutes? I'm level 76 and I'm focused in Strikes and I just cannot down him fast enough cause of all his dodging and it's impossible to stamina break cause he just teleports away.

Ehh? I don't remember there being a time limit? Also, the same way you beat any other AI, you punish their dodges until they run out of stamina and -then- hit them with a stamina break.
Are you using stamina breaks on enemies with 2+ bars of stamina?....

Piers

Ehh? I don't remember there being a time limit? Also, the same way you beat any other AI, you punish their dodges until they run out of stamina and -then- hit them with a stamina break.
Are you using stamina breaks on enemies with 2+ bars of stamina?....
It's possible that he's trying to get the secret ending.

Boogiepop

Just confirming: First post says the game is playable in offline mode. Is this worth playing through and maybe screwing around with friends on PS4 if I don't have PS+? No interest in paying for that service, but I want to make sure I'm still getting something functional for my money. Also, just realized I should probably ask: does this have offline multiplayer? (I really feel like I shouldn't have to ask that, but I'm guessing it's relevant to always ask these days...)

Top Bottom