• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

Protome

Because it's better than being Yamcha's apprentice?

Patented techniques such as:
YAMCHA_IS_HERE!.gif

(Also he'll teach you to play Baseball)

Do we know if there's any local/split screen multiplayer in any of the versions?

There's local MP, it's restricted to 1v1 and restricted to one stage (the World Tournament one)

FootballFan

I want to watch those streams but I don't!

Wanna go in completely blind. It's 20 days away until it releases here I think :(

people hating on yamcha but the fucker is the older brother we dont deserve

Gonna be completely honest, Yamcha is one of my favourite characters of the entire series. It was so disappointing when it became "Dragonball: Saiyans". Should have kept Yamcha and Krillin as being relevant right till the end.

The only good thing to come from the "SPAAAAAAACE" plot developments of Z was Vegeta. This is because Vegeta is the only character I consider to be more awesome than Yamcha.

Welfare

I still don't get how Yamcha got stuck with the whole "disappointing" dig. He owned that Saibamen but got blindsided by it's Kamikaze attack.

I still don't get how Yamcha got stuck with the whole "disappointing" dig. He owned that Saibamen but got blindsided by it's Kamikaze attack.

Krillin killed almost all the Saibamen by himself and almost murked Nappa but still gets shitted on. DBZ fans just don't show any respect due. And they ruined Gohan with their stupid popularity polls.

As a big DBZ fan in my youth, I was getting hyped for this several months ago. Then I realized that I'm not good at and therefore do not really care for fighting games. I'm torn on whether I should even pick this up...

Here's another one with Freeza's clan being used.

As a big DBZ fan in my youth, I was getting hyped for this several months ago. Then I realized that I'm not good at and therefore do not really care for fighting games. I'm torn on whether I should even pick this up...
You don't need to be good at fighting games to be good at this, don't worry. Same as almost every other Dragonball Z game.

FootballFan

Yeah, as per above, you don't really need to be great at fighting games to enjoy Dbz games.

I'm personally no good at fighting games in general but am fine with dragon ball titles

Man, I hope that character creation becomes a staple in future Dragon Ball games. The whole CAC system and its integration into story mode is basically the sole reason I'm getting this.

FootballFan

any specific reason it is releasing 20+ days earlier in Japan?

I can't believe someone had to reupload this. Damn shame the original got taken down.

Haha I loved the gaf thread when those songs released.

Soulja boy cracks me up. In that other song titled 'Anime' he says things like

"im looking like death note"
"im lookin like Case Closed"

What does that even mean. How can you look like an anime series lol

any specific reason it is releasing 20+ days earlier in Japan?
It got delayed everywhere else, must have something to do with the translation process and potential bugs that arise from it. Although a lot of people have speculated it was because they wanted to test the strength of the servers in Japan first to prepare for the worldwide launch. This speculation exists because for almost half of the network test the servers were down.

FootballFan

Anybody else getting the season pass? I'm thinking about it but not sure if it will be worth it, just depends on the content really.

I'm expecting to put a lot of hours into this game so I'm leaning towards getting it.

It got delayed everywhere else, must have something to do with the translation process and potential bugs that arise from it. Although a lot of people have speculated it was because they wanted to test the strength of the servers in Japan first to prepare for the worldwide launch. This speculation exists because for almost half of the network test the servers were down.

Ahh I see. Thanks.

Sounds like a logical explanation.

Memory

There's local MP, it's restricted to 1v1 and restricted to one stage (the World Tournament one)

Thats extremly disappointing, think i'll have to pass seeing as local co-op is my main draw for fighting games. Why would they limit it to one stage?

Revven

Thats extremly disappointing, think i'll have to pass seeing as local co-op is my main draw for fighting games. Why would they limit it to one stage?

All the other stages are ridiculously huge and wouldn't work without splitscreen. It seems they didn't want to do splitscreen for local MP and wanted the local MP experience as close to the single player VS CPU or online as possible.

Scirrocco

Gonna be completely honest, Yamcha is one of my favourite characters of the entire series. It was so disappointing when it became "Dragonball: Saiyans". Should have kept Yamcha and Krillin as being relevant right till the end.

The only good thing to come from the "SPAAAAAAACE" plot developments of Z was Vegeta. This is because Vegeta is the only character I consider to be more awesome than Yamcha.

I loved yamcha since his first aapearence in DB, where he wolf dang fists roku so hard he breaks the panel.

My male saiyans going to be super saiyan yamcha. Give him the glory he deserves!

Anybody else getting the season pass? I'm thinking about it but not sure if it will be worth it, just depends on the content really.

I'm expecting to put a lot of hours into this game so I'm leaning towards getting it.

Ahh I see. Thanks.

You're welcome and yes, I probably will. Seems like fair enough value on the first pack anyway. Three characters I want, more quests for my hero and new attacks and items too.

faridmon

Ahh I see. Thanks.

You getting this on PS4 FF?

We should play online.

:)

Snaku

Banned
They still haven't bothered to give Freeza's race a name yet? Is it that hard to make a phone call to Toriyama?

JustenP88

I earned 100 Gamerscore™ for collecting 300 widgets and thereby created Trump's America
Ugh, I shouldn't be watching these streams. Now I want to buy it.

Korezo

Can you play through the sagas normally like in budokai 1, or does everything have to be done with your created character or are they both seperate modes like story mode and trunks shift mode.

Can't we ever get a serious competitive DBZ game or something isn't a cheap cash in? Not saying that xenoverse is going to be bad but i'm not holding my breath for it.

Revven

Can you play through the sagas normally like in budokai 1, or does everything have to be done with your created character or are they both seperate modes like story mode and trunks shift mode.

Everything for the story is your created character only, Parallel Quests (the side missions) you can play as anyone.

Can't we ever get a serious competitive DBZ game or something isn't a cheap cash in? Not saying that xenoverse is going to be bad but i'm not holding my breath for it.

This... isn't a cheap cash-in at all. It's definitely trying to be a semi-competitive DBZ fighting game with the mechanics it has like parrying, more than one button for combos (a punch and a kick button), cross-ups despite there being a guard button, your guard can be broken as it's tied to your stamina bar so if it goes down to zero and you're guarding your guard breaks, it has jump cancels for certain strings for characters, etc. etc.

It's not going to be some super deep fighter but it does have some mechanics that a traditional fighting game would have. I understand skepticism because of the last few years but this game is not going to turn out like Ultimate Tenkaichi, that game had warning signs all over it before it came out.

Top Bottom