• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball: Xenoverse |OT| Yes, They're Still Making These

NeonZ

Have the past Dragonball games been slowly incorporating all these new elements or did they finally just decide to go big?

Most of the backstory about the world's future seems to be based on from Dragonball Online, which was written with Toriyama's input. This is the first time it's used outside of Dragonball Online itself though.

Dominator

Sorry for not know much but another question. I played a PQ and it was one of the earlier ones. Just defeat Goku/Piccolo. The first time I did it Gohan appeared after and I lost to him. I go back to do the mission and I've done it a few times now and he's yet to come back... Is that random too?

Pandacon

Sorry for not know much but another question. I played a PQ and it was one of the earlier ones. Just defeat Goku/Piccolo. The first time I did it Gohan appeared after and I lost to him. I go back to do the mission and I've done it a few times now and he's yet to come back... Is that random too?

Could be some randomness, but make sure to beat Goku last, that helped me pop Gohan.

With the PQ's you have to fulfill certain requirements to trigger events...if it's still random after doing those requirements I don't know

Scirrocco

Some of the things in PQ are random, but some also are determined by who gets killed first.

Dominator

Hmm, first time he appeared I defeated Piccolo first. Second time I tried I did Goku first, then I tried again how I did it the first time and he didn't show up again. Interesting I must be doing something wrong lol

Hmm, first time he appeared I defeated Piccolo first. Second time I tried I did Goku first, then I tried again how I did it the first time and he didn't show up again. Interesting I must be doing something wrong lol

I believe for that quest, the official requirement is to have Raditz's health above 50% to trigger Gohan.
But I just read that the ultimate finish is still random even after completing the hidden requirements.

Have the past Dragonball games been slowly incorporating all these new elements or did they finally just decide to go big?
Decided to go big, whilst the story has been copied from DBO (a Korean MMO) everything to do with the gameplay was built from the ground-up by Dimps for this game.

Mobile Suit Gooch

Grundle: The Awakening
I wasn't expecting something like this costume in a DBZ game. :O

I got that one too.
B-3PG10W4AAyKd8.jpg

Anung

Un Rama
B-3JowDWsAAwEJh.jpg:large

Enjoying this game imminently immensely. Dimps sure know how to make DBZ games that are good. Some of it gives me DBZ Legends vibes.

Genryu

Banned
This might be a stupid question, but how exactly are you supposed to deal with those burst attacks that some characters use when you start hitting them? I can't seem to quick dash away fast enough, and I teleport until I'm out of stamina.

Right now I'm having trouble with
Immortal/Dark Hercule
and he just keeps using that burst attack whenever I try to start a combo on him.

This might be a stupid question, but how exactly are you supposed to deal with those burst attacks that some characters use when you start hitting them? I can't seem to quick dash away fast enough, and I teleport until I'm out of stamina.

Right now I'm having trouble with
Immortal/Dark Hercule
and he just keeps using that burst attack whenever I try to start a combo on him.
Best idea is to use your evasive skill as well if you want to avoid all damage.

Nameless

Digging all he character shots.

Trying to decide if I want to start over. I spent my first 15-20 attribute points on melee build stats before becoming more adept with the combat and deciding to shift toward a ki focus for my Female Saiyan. I'm only level 14 so there's plenty of room to course correct, I suppose. Sure you can respec by finding all the Dragon balls, but after doing all that I wouldn't want to waste my wish on rearranging attributes. Decisions.

dubq

Yes PS4,it looks dark,not sure if i can change the in game color settings to look better.

You can't. The game has some kind of filter over it that essentially puts a dull grey layer over everything that isn't a menu or a cutscene. Best bet is to email support and make them aware of it to possibly consider a patch.

Muzicfreq

Banned
You can't. The game has some kind of filter over it that essentially puts a dull grey layer over everything that isn't a menu or a cutscene. Best bet is to email support and make them aware of it to possibly consider a patch.
Also patch in an option for 60fps jk
Actually watching the 60fps streams look a bit too smooth for me for this game. I know I am probably the only one who thinks that.

73V3N

Banned
『Inaba Resident』;153935456 said:
Was never supposed to be

Not sure where I said that or I was expecting that.

I'm just saying it's not as good or "addicting" as budokai tenkaichi 3

Lagamorph

After switching to 30fps to get energy blast effects working, then switching to 60fps, they're still working for me.
Wonder if you just need to switch to 30 and apply it, then switch to 60 and apply it without quitting the game.

Not ideal, but possibly a workaround for now.

Nordicus

Really Cell? You want me to do several dozen Perfect matches to complete your mastery?

...sigh, I guess I gotta do that Trunks test fight ad infinitum. He's so squishy that he can be one-shot from the first phase where he doesn't attack

elhav

Played quite a bit of it, and I find it awesome.

The first hour of the game I had no clue where to go and how to unlock things, but after you play a bit you get it. The gameplay mechanics were also pretty odd to me at first, but now I really like the fast action.

The story mode is quite refreshing, and the sheer amount of content is really good. DBZ fans need to play this game

Really Cell? You want me to do several dozen Perfect matches to complete your mastery?

...sigh, I guess I gotta do that Trunks test fight ad infinitum. He's so squishy that he can be one-shot from the first phase where he doesn't attack

That one was easier than Vegeta, well at least the last spar.

Of course I play in a very cheap way, so everything is pretty easy for me until the AI spams more ultimates than I do.

Dominator

God I feel like such an idiot playing this game idk what it is lol

Krillin is my master, he gives me a move and wants me to use it. I use it and go talk to him and nothing happens.

The only problem I have with that is that they seem to have infinite stamina because they can just keep using their evasive skill all the time.
I take it your character isn't specialized for long distance? It's annoying that the more offensive evasive skills seem to directly penalize hand-to-hand combat but there aren't many evasive skills which punish long-distance players.

cyress8

Banned
The mission with beerus and whis is insane. They both just target me the whole fight. Had an easier time with ssjg goku.

Anyone know how to respec your character. I went full melee Namekian and was kicking ass until this fight. Might need some energy blasts to make breathing room.

Teknoman

uh fuck? I can't log in.

Even if the online city servers are acting up, you can still search/create rooms for quests and stuff.

Has anyone tried vs yet? They arent filled with SSJ4 Vegeta are they?

Also kinda sucks that online mode doesnt display created character names.

any online pvp streams, netcode impressions, mechanics thoughts

is there good depth to be had in pvp?

The netcode seems to be pretty good, in co-op quests anyway...so I assume the same for vs since it wouldnt be any different. As far as depth...if you've played Anarchy Reigns or Power Stone series, thats about as deep as it goes I guess. The fighting system isnt that deep, but its pretty fun and of course you can run around and hide behind environmental spots unless you're in the World Tournament arena. Even though its a Dragon Ball game, its more of a Phantasy Star Online / Destiny meets arena fighter.

Anyone know where to get Spirit Bomb? I saw Goku only teaches Kamehameha, and I already have that from Cell.

Even if the online city servers are acting up, you can still search/create rooms for quests and stuff.

I meant I can't even get into the single player server thing.

It took a restart. It was just stuck on some loop of trying to connect and failing.

Darklord

Banned
Where's the cheapest legit place to buy this? I haven't bought a DBZ in years but I might try this on PC. The steam reviews seem crazy good.

Teknoman

God I feel like such an idiot playing this game idk what it is lol

Krillin is my master, he gives me a move and wants me to use it. I use it and go talk to him and nothing happens.

Check play data page with mentor/ master info. More quests you do, and I guess use the move, the meter next to his face will increase. Eventually that unlocks the next part.

Top Bottom