• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT| Rerolling is over 9000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wazzy

Banned
Which difficulty did you run?

I think the one on 12 stamina is out of my reach. Event ends soon and it seems too difficult for me.

What team are you running?

I have a team of Raditz tec(R), Tien tech(SR), Gohan tech(R), Goku AGL(SR), Nial Tech(R) and Krillin PSY(R) and I use a friend SSJ Vegeta which let's me beat Hard.

You do have to get lucky and not land on any tiles that do damage before the fight.

HawthorneKitty

Sgt. 2nd Class in the Creep Battalion, Waifu Wars
not even z-fighter? hmm
3dl8y12.png
Must be evil version

Gintamen

It needs something similar to those sugo fests from BattleCruise or it needs to simply have more characters to begin with.

Yaari

What team are you running?

I have a team of Raditz tec(R), Tien tech(SR), Gohan tech(R), Goku AGL(SR), Nial Tech(R) and Krillin PSY(R) and I use a friend SSJ Vegeta which let's me beat Hard.

You do have to get lucky and not land on any tiles that do damage before the fight.

SSR Goku (STR) - Leader
Yamcha TEQ lvl20
Chiatzu INT lvl20
Android #16 STR lv20
Goku TEQ R lvl29
Saibaman N lvl20

A lot of "N", and even more so, bad types. My team isn't great.
I got 12.5k HP.

chrono01

I figure I'll hold my stones until theres a increased rate for pulling. I think I saw it mentioned on a facebook group.
Yeah, there's increased chance events. It's better to save your stones until then, since more SR/SSR will be released too.

Gintamen

One SR card oud of ten rare summons... at least it's Captain Ginyu, lvled him with the R Cell. Jrs. to 23. [HP 3680 ATK 2023 DEF 2048] Still 4 level's before I can exchange him with Chiaotzu.

ioIURA9.png

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
These games drive me nuts when I want to play them and only get to stare at the tutorial for a week.

Cruxist

Did the 10 rare summons, got one SR and its Krillin. Drat. I'm now looking for the awakening cards for R Goku and R Kid Gohan.

Blah, I like this game too much and I want to spend money but it's totally not worth it.

Durden77

Did the 10 rare summons, got one SR and its Krillin. Drat. I'm now looking for the awakening cards for R Goku and R Kid Gohan.

Blah, I like this game too much and I want to spend money but it's totally not worth it.

I would spend a few bucks too cause fuck it, it's Dragon Ball, but yeah it litterally doesn't seem worth it right now. The chance of getting a SSR or even a SR is just too small. Which is cool because I mean, they are supposed to be really rare, but there's just not enough of them yet. There's only 4 SSRs total.

Yaari

Figured I tried the second difficulty for Vegeta. Was getting my ass kicked. So I decided I shouldn't try again, but I somehow manage to finish the stage and he dropped on the first try on that difficulty. Damn lucky.

Wazzy

Banned
Hey Shadow, I have a friend request from you but it says you're full. Anyway you could make a spot for me? :p
Were you running on Hard?

Yup! I noticed that Battle cards dropped after the fight and when I finished I got Vegeta. I ran Hard quite a lot but thank god he dropped.

chrono01

FINALLY

zgawc7G.png

After running it all day yesterday, I get him on today's first run.
Congrats! I'm starting the farming of him today, I'm not looking forward to it. :/

As usual. After complaining I pull an SSR Goku!
First pull was SR frieza
Congrats man. Finally, you can start playing the game.

I know the feeling. ;_;

Finally got Vegeta! God that took forever.
Congrats to you too!

Wazzy

Banned
Congrats! I'm starting the farming of him today, I'm not looking forward to it. :/

Congrats to you too!
Thanks Chrono! Also with your Vegeta and a friends Vegeta you'll have no problems with Hard Vegeta. One Special Attack and more than half his HP will be gone.
Congrats!
Thank you :)

Figured I tried the second difficulty for Vegeta. Was getting my ass kicked. So I decided I shouldn't try again, but I somehow manage to finish the stage and he dropped on the first try on that difficulty. Damn lucky.
Gratz! That's extremely lucky

chrono01

Thanks Chrono! Also with your Vegeta and a friends Vegeta you'll have no problems with Hard Vegeta. One Special Attack and more than half his HP will be gone.
The only problem I seem to be having is the game trolling me with green orbs. :/

Wazzy

Banned
The only problem I seem to be having is the game trolling me with green orbs. :/

As long as you can put a couple more green characters in(Kid Gohan is a good sub) and don't have anything weak to blue in there then the fight shouldn't go too poorly. Kid Gohan plus two SSJ Vegeta's should be more than enough with decent levels.

chrono01

As long as you can put a couple more green characters in(Kid Gohan is a good sub) and don't have anything weak to blue in there then the fight shouldn't go too poorly. Kid Gohan plus two SSJ Vegeta's should be more than enough with decent levels.
Yeah, I had to take out my SR Master Roshi. He served no purpose in there, so I just put a N Videl in his spot instead. Her stats aren't as good, and I don't have any other R/SR to use [since I'm saving my stones for an event], but it shouldn't be too bad. I've already completed the event twice, although it's been without a drop.

Also:

Important!

Since this game doesn't link with your iOS/Android account [or social media sites, such as Facebook], your progress isn't saved if your data is corrupted or you accidentally uninstall/reinstall the app. Sure, it makes re-rolling super-simple, but it's also a danger since you can so easily lose your entire account.

However, since it's similar to Treasure Cruise, there is a way to temporarily save your data, in-case the game is corrupted while downloading an update or your phone is bricked/lost/etc. Simply go to "Menu", "Device Transfer", and "Create Transfer Code". It will give you a User ID/Transfer Code that's valid for two weeks. You should take a screenshot/sync the image to your PC, or you have the option to email the information to you. Unfortunately, you'll need to continually do it when it expires, but it literally takes a few seconds to do and safe-guards you against something unfortunate happening. At the very least, I'd recommend doing it before any major updates.

Durden77

Congrats!

Friend points are used only for the summon right? I've been holding out on them just in case but I kinda want someone to replace my N Chiaotzu.

Preesh! And as far I know yes, but I'd like to know for sure too.

Just hope that luck is on your side and keep farminf hard. Z-Hard is too much. Took me about 12 tries or so.

Finally got Vegeta! God that took forever.

Congrats as well, took me and you about the same amount of time so I feel ya.

The bummer is that Vegeta actually doesn't seem to sync as well with my usual team as my SR AGL Goku, but fuck it it's Vegeta, I'll make him work.

Skii

Spent the entire day farming Vegeta on normal and nothing :(

Will keep going until the event expires. He'd be perfect for my team. I'd expect him to link up with Nappa.

chrono01

This game seems to never give me AGL orbs when Vegeta/Gohan are up to attack. Thus, I can never activate their Super and I get destroyed by Vegeta's Galick Gun on Hard. :/

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
I can beat the Vegeta event on Hard if I use health items. I'm starting to run low though, should I just grind on Normal if I can do that without using items? I'm guessing the drop rate improvement between the two is just a few % knowing how RNG can be in these games.

Durden77

I can beat the Vegeta event on Hard if I use health items. I'm starting to run low though, should I just grind on Normal if I can do that without using items? I'm guessing the drop rate improvement between the two is just a few % knowing how RNG can be in these games.

Usually if you beat it on hard you end up getting a 6000 hp Capsule drink anyway, so it evens out. But I usually needed one of those and one of the 2500 blue drinks too. I just luckily had a ton of blue drinks stocked up.

Can you raise super attack using two characters of different rarities? Like if I had a R Gohan with level 3 super attack, and an SR Gohan with level 1 super attack, what would happen if I fed SR Gohan the R Gohan?

Can you raise super attack using two characters of different rarities? Like if I had a R Gohan with level 3 super attack, and an SR Gohan with level 1 super attack, what would happen if I fed SR Gohan the R Gohan?

You have a preview of any changes after you pick your training partner/s.

my N yamcha doesn't effect my R yamcha so I think they might need to be the same rarity or the exact same type.

lol Vegeta has no desire to be part of my group. =(

Oh well, I'll keep farming until the event ends. Knowing my luck, this will be an uphill battle all the way to the finish.

Hey Shadow, I have a friend request from you but it says you're full. Anyway you could make a spot for me? :p

Man, the friendlist management in this game is next level. I don't think I've ever filled up the list so quick in any other game I've played.

XiaNaphryz

Usually if you beat it on hard you end up getting a 6000 hp Capsule drink anyway, so it evens out. But I usually needed one of those and one of the 2500 blue drinks too. I just luckily had a ton of blue drinks stocked up.

My team's not strong enough to use less than all 3 healing items to win the Hard fight though. If I luck out and he doesn't use supers against my non-TEQ guys, I may be able to get away using only 2 items.

Skii

Another 4 tries and no Vegeta. Don't think I'll have any chance to cope against him in hard mode. I only have one TEQ fighter out of all my characters so far!

Does anyone know who Freiza is supposed to partner up with? I tried Ginyu but no luck. Who else?

XiaNaphryz

Another 4 tries and no Vegeta. Don't think I'll have any chance to cope against him in hard mode. I only have one TEQ fighter out of all my characters so far!

Does anyone know who Freiza is supposed to partner up with? I tried Ginyu but no luck. Who else?

If you look at his card, you can expand his info and look up his skill links and who they partner with.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom