• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

I'd like to think something more interesting than bigger numbers but let's be real, it's probably just bigger numbers. Probably new rainbow leads first since they predate the 120% meta, aside from Masked Saiyan.

I'm still convinced Super Vegito is the best card in the game. Just had him dominate the final stage of SSBKK Goku event, by himself as the first card in the first turn. Counter Crits are so strong, made even better by the essentially 0 damage taken.

I'm still convinced Super Vegito is the best card in the game. Just had him dominate the final stage of SSBKK Goku event, by himself as the first card in the first turn. Counter Crits are so strong, made even better by the essentially 0 damage taken.

Hes probably the most broken card bamco has made honestly. A tank that dishes out insane damage.

I'd like to think something more interesting than bigger numbers but let's be real, it's probably just bigger numbers. Probably new rainbow leads first since they predate the 120% meta, aside from Masked Saiyan.

But which rainbow lead. We already have 4: VB/Rosé, which are ki+3 and 50% and Trunks/Fused Zamasu, which are ki+1 and 70%.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls

It's kind of sad that this will be the case. Either the devs lack imagination or there's some kind of Gacha knowledge that bigger numbers bring in more money vs complex ability offerings.

Btw quick question guys:
Does SA actually has a consequence on Super Vegito and Vegito Blue counters ?

Not sure what you mean.
If SV/VB get hit by a super attack, the attack hits them and they take the damage they're supposed to take. The counter only happens on normal/non-supers.

It's kind of sad that this will be the case. Either the devs lack imagination or there's some kind of Gacha knowledge that bigger numbers bring in more money vs complex ability offerings.

They designed themselves into a corner because there is no incentive to pull for units that are not at least somewhat more powerful than the current offerings, because nothing is difficult with the current units in the game. Damage is king and clear speed is really the only major variable, once your box is sufficiently stacked (unless you think item usage matters at all but it doesn't, if you have an account with some play time on it you're not hurting for items at all). And the thing is they can't design future events around the 1% with the crazy stacked boxes because it'll alienate F2P players and newcomers, so if they make stuff so hard that a current fully stacked Super STR team can't clear it, then it's too hard for 99.9% of players.

I do wish there was more truly hard stuff like boss rush with an incentive to clear it weekly or something for the hardcore. I run boss rush for fun sometimes just to push my teams to the limit because even the newest dokkanfests are really easy with a stacked box.

Not sure what you mean.
If SV/VB get hit by a super attack, the attack hits them and they take the damage they're supposed to take. The counter only happens on normal/non-supers.

I meant, does the SA level change the damage done by SV/VB counters ? For exemple, does a SA10 SV counter harder than a SA1 ? Same for VB.

I meant, does the SA level change the damage done by SV/VB counters ? For exemple, does a SA10 SV counter harder than a SA1 ? Same for VB.

Ahhh gotcha. I believe it's a static 350% multiplier when they counter, not affected by SA. I could be wrong, though. It IS affected by Crits, I know that much.

Shanlei91

Sonic handles my blue balls
They designed themselves into a corner because there is no incentive to pull for units that are not at least somewhat more powerful than the current offerings, because nothing is difficult with the current units in the game. Damage is king and clear speed is really the only major variable, once your box is sufficiently stacked (unless you think item usage matters at all but it doesn't, if you have an account with some play time on it you're not hurting for items at all). And the thing is they can't design future events around the 1% with the crazy stacked boxes because it'll alienate F2P players and newcomers, so if they make stuff so hard that a current fully stacked Super STR team can't clear it, then it's too hard for 99.9% of players.

I do wish there was more truly hard stuff like boss rush with an incentive to clear it weekly or something for the hardcore. I run boss rush for fun sometimes just to push my teams to the limit because even the newest dokkanfests are really easy with a stacked box.

Early on they could have diverged into leader skills like "Damage halved but attack twice", "All attacks ignore type", etc. but once they released the apes it was clear they're sticking to just a damage upgrade.

I wonder if that's why they're designing another Dragonball gacha game. Something to launch once this well is ran dry because even they realize they can't keep this up forever.

Early on they could have diverged into leader skills like "Damage halved but attack twice", "All attacks ignore type", etc. but once they released the apes it was clear they're sticking to just a damage upgrade.

I wonder if that's why they're designing another Dragonball gacha game. Something to launch once this well is ran dry because even they realize they can't keep this up forever.

Actually they could introduce big numbers with malus.
For exemple, instead of +120% for Super and +50% for Extreme, you could have +150% for Super and -30% for Extreme. They could also introduce that kind of bonus/malus for opposite type. Like +100% for AGL and -30% for TEQ.

ffs, i'm out of Gregory medals again -_-

Keep checking the baba store every 30 min. I have 900 Gregory medals from doing that lol.

I occasionally log into global to do summons with free stones for the hell of it... I pulled both SSJ4s now. It has SSB Kaioken Goku, SV, VB, Gogeta and Godtenks.

It has a bunch of good AGL units on it too.

I can't dokkan any of them at rank 40ish though, heh.
Give me your luuuuuuuuck!

Edit: single pull on ssj4 banner. Rainbow text, no transformation, screen breaks "thank you dragon balls" annnnnnd SSR PHY good but. :mad:

But which rainbow lead. We already have 4: VB/Rosé, which are ki+3 and 50% and Trunks/Fused Zamasu, which are ki+1 and 70%.

The only real rainbow leads are arale and masked saiyan, the others are still by a type.

Btw quick question guys:
Does SA actually has a consequence on Super Vegito and Vegito Blue counters ?
Nope, the counter does tremendous damage, this is always 350% and isn't affected by things that affect SA.

PSA if you're farming medals from the otherworld event just do it on Hard. Costs 15 stamina and I get 2 medals every single time. idk if Z-Hard drops more cards/training items or what but for medals, do Hard.

Arrrammis

Used 50 of the reward stones for SSj4 Vegeta and got no SSR's, gonna save the rest for either the LR banner (if the rates for Majin Vegeta are good and SSj Gohan is on the banner) or get teh Elder Kai banner (don't feel the need to get it now since all of my good cards are already SA 10 and I still have the baba shop Kais to grind out)

Durden77

So is the INT Gotenks that Dokkans from the SR INT Trunks worth a damn? I have one at SA7, was slowly building him up to Dokkan him, but now that I've got PHY Gotenks I'm just thinkin about sayin fuck it and feeding him to the PHY one. I also have the TEQ one that Dokkans from Gotenks, but I have him at SA10. Thinkin about feedin him too, but he seems like he may actually be useful for certain things because of his passive...

Meneses

Only once have I not had medals drop out of my like two dozen runs. Per point of stamina I have a hard time believing Hard isn't the most efficient if all you're after is medals.

I've been doing Z-Hard and got 2 medals everytime. I tried Hard and didn't get them for the first time.

You owe me 15 stam :p

Arrrammis

I had pretty much equal luck with Hard and Z-hard, but Z-hard is only 15 stamina. Out of 14 hard runs, 10 gave me medals and 4 gave me cards, not bad.

Xanru

Actually they could introduce big numbers with malus.
For exemple, instead of +120% for Super and +50% for Extreme, you could have +150% for Super and -30% for Extreme. They could also introduce that kind of bonus/malus for opposite type. Like +100% for AGL and -30% for TEQ.

Neither of those suggestions actually do anything though. You hardly ever, if ever run heroes/villains on their counter teams as it is, since there's enough good subs to avoid that, so that's already covered, and there's literally no reason to run alternate types on a mono team that specifically nerfs said type. They need to start scaling content to their cards better, which means they need better easier to get cards, more f2p cards that are actually solid subs/alternate leads, more universal defensive mechanics for the enemies in the game, more general end game content worth playing, and more unique mechanics applied to general cards.

As it stands synergy is based entirely around links, which more often than not don't actually give/allow for playstyle variations, passives are super generic, and the most unique card synergies come from sa sealing+counters, and orb changing+nuking. Everything else is numbers and rng. The game is very base, but there's still a decent amount to work with, they just don't care to, or don't know how to work with what they have

Nightbird

Well, I used 54 stones on the Vegeta banner hoping for a second Vegeta Dupe.

I now have every single featured character on the SSJ4 Vegeta banner 🙃

Got all the Elder Kai for Fruits. Now for Hercule Medals one which seems like its gonna take forever. Where the hell is GT part 2 for that 400 medals stage?

Neither of those suggestions actually do anything though. You hardly ever, if ever run heroes/villains on their counter teams as it is, since there's enough good subs to avoid that, so that's already covered, and there's literally no reason to run alternate types on a mono team that specifically nerfs said type. They need to start scaling content to their cards better, which means they need better easier to get cards, more f2p cards that are actually solid subs/alternate leads, more universal defensive mechanics for the enemies in the game, more general end game content worth playing, and more unique mechanics applied to general cards.

As it stands synergy is based entirely around links, which more often than not don't actually give/allow for playstyle variations, passives are super generic, and the most unique card synergies come from sa sealing+counters, and orb changing+nuking. Everything else is numbers and rng. The game is very base, but there's still a decent amount to work with, they just don't care to, or don't know how to work with what they have

Yeah this is all true. They could make mechanics like defense lowering actually matter outside of the one Broly event, just to give 1 example. But as you say they don't really make you ever think about any mechanics besides optionally sealing or stunning, which isn't even necessary with the current strength of cards like SSJ4 Goku, not even getting into LRs.

RedSnake

I need some help with my AGI team.

SS4 Vegeta, SV and SSBKK Goku are locked.
Then I have GF, Ultimate Gohan, SSB Goku, SSG Goku, SS3 GT Goku, Whis and SSB Vegeta.

Who should I use for the rest of my team?

I need some help with my AGI team.

SS4 Vegeta, SV and SSBKK Goku are locked.
Then I have GF, Ultimate Gohan, SSB Goku, SSG Goku, SS3 GT Goku, Whis and SSB Vegeta.

Who should I use for the rest of my team?

You can't use SSB Goku with SSBKK on the same team so thats off the table.

I recommend Ultimate Gohan for the stun, SS3 GT Goku and SSB Vegeta.

Honestly its better to take out SSBKK Goku for SSB Goku and then add SSB Vegeta since all their attack links activate from that and deal a ton more damage.

Durden77

Well I fed that SA7 INT Gotenks to the PHY Gotenks. He dididn't seem THAT great. I just wish I would have saved all those little Trunks and not combined them and my PHY Hotenks would be SA 10 now.

Well I fed that SA7 INT Gotenks to the PHY Gotenks. He dididn't seem THAT great. I just wish I would have saved all those little Trunks and not combined them and my PHY Hotenks would be SA 10 now.

I just finally did that with my PHY Gotenks and got him to SA 10 with all my leftover INT Trunks/TEQ Gotens. Those INT/TEQ Gotenks are okay if you're just starting or have a weak mono deck.

I still need like 20 goddamn Pikkon medals ughhhhhh.

Also ya'll laughed at me for holding onto hope of dem top grossing stones. Tunrs out I was right :D. But I squandered em all on the Kaioken banner(still have one more GSSR pull left, but I got all the featured units so meh) & trying to get SSJ4 Vegeta which I STILL HAVE NOT GOTTTTTTTTTTTT :(

edit:

I just finally did that with my PHY Gotenks and got him to SA 10 with all my leftover INT Trunks/TEQ Gotens. Those INT/TEQ Gotenks are okay if you're just starting or have a weak mono deck.

I have a bunch of those, but having to train them and DA em and shit is too much work for me lol.

Durden77

Like I said earlier, I'm also trying to decide whether to feed my TEQ one, but I have him at SA 10 so I'm a little more hesitant, and he seems slightly more useful. Although I still probably will never use him at this point. He seems like he'd actually be good for a SSJ3 Angel Goku team, but I don't want SSJ3 Angel Goku.

I'm going to try and be patient and see if I can just get more of the little guys from summons at some point. I need 6 more without feeding the TEQ Gotenks...

Durden77

Have the PHY SSB Gokus came back in JPN anytime after the 2nd year anniversary? It sucks that there's only enough to get my AGL SSB Goku to SA 8 this time around.

it's fun when you go to the subreddit on monday and click "hide memes" and it's like 3 threads.

the whole "optimal" debate happening again is pretty silly. It should be obvious that "optimal" teams are purely for theorycrafting. People can't seem to wrap their minds around the notion that theoretically optimal can be different from practically optimal, ie. using the best you have. People put too much weight on it anyway. As long as you have the 3 top units, SSJ4 Goku, SSj3 GT Goku and Gogeta in the same team, I don't think the other fillers are gonna matter THAT much as long as they're roughly comparable. But maybe I'm just saying that because no way in hell am I investing kais into these filler subs that are gonna do 1/10 of the damage of Goku anyway. So I'm happy to have an easily farmable Pikon that does good damage and debuffs super well, hell yeah he's going on my team.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Yeah the other 3 on STR don't matter that much since they're just there for cleanup. Often times you won't even see them do anything lol.

2 Elder Kai login bonus :O

edit: Okay I got dupes of: PHY Champa, PHY Pan, STR Majuub, INT Goku (Infinite Curiosity), TEQ Arale. Are any of these worth doing the dupe system for or should I just baba em?

Black Goku Rose was supposed to be the one getting the Kais in my SSJ4 team (4/4 dupe paths unlocked), but i'm kinda tempted to up the SA of my Godtenks instead, even if i'm not using him atm.

Top Bottom