• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!
Black Goku Rose was supposed to be the one getting the Kais in my SSJ4 team (4/4 dupe paths unlocked), but i'm kinda tempted to up the SA of my Godtenks instead, even if i'm not using him atm.

Rose is a much better choice for kais than Gotenks imo.

legit the biggest reason I'm not spending the free stones pulling for Vegeta is because all my kais are spoken for between now and the end of the anniversary to max out SSJ4 Goku and LR Gohan. Need 2 more for Gohan, and 3 more for Goku now. 1 in the baba shop, 3 from WT (I think) and 2 from logins, only leaves me with 1. And what good is an SA1 leader, I ask you? I need friend points. Still in the poor house ever since Broly, I'm pulling for hercule statues practically every time I have to awaken a unit. These are the realest 1st world dokkan problems.

Rose is a much better choice for kais than Gotenks imo.

I 100% second this. There's even a better Gotenks coming in a few months. Rose is much more valuable since he's the rainbow extreme leader, and he's very strong too. Not Gotenks 11 ki super strong, but much more useful as a leader atm.

Aurizen

How did you guys beat SSGKK goku? I was told a full AGI team, Is that really possible because I can't win.. I have 2 Super Vegito

legit the biggest reason I'm not spending the free stones pulling for Vegeta is because all my kais are spoken for between now and the end of the anniversary to max out SSJ4 Goku and LR Gohan. Need 2 more for Gohan, and 3 more for Goku now. 1 in the baba shop, 3 from WT (I think) and 2 from logins, only leaves me with 1. And what good is an SA1 leader, I ask you? I need friend points. Still in the poor house ever since Broly, I'm pulling for hercule statues practically every time I have to awaken a unit. These are the realest 1st world dokkan problems.

I 100% second this. There's even a better Gotenks coming in a few months. Rose is much more valuable since he's the rainbow extreme leader, and he's very strong too. Not Gotenks 11 ki super strong, but much more useful as a leader atm.

I'm done trying to go for Vegeta. Tried again today and got a fucking R Raditz, ontop of the fuckin SR Raditz from the daily ticket. Fuck my pull luck 4srs.

edit: Did the hercule medal event go away already? I didn't get enough medals from it, was too focused on the other 30 events they released D:

How did you guys beat SSGKK goku? I was told a full AGI team, Is that really possible because I can't win.. I have 2 Super Vegito

You just have to survive the first round with TEQ Goku. You can risk a friend SSJ4 Vegeta if you can output enough damage and kill Goku with counters.

Durden77

2 Elder Kai login bonus :O

edit: Okay I got dupes of: PHY Champa, PHY Pan, STR Majuub, INT Goku (Infinite Curiosity), TEQ Arale. Are any of these worth doing the dupe system for or should I just baba em?

Oh sweeeet! Didn't even know. I'm not gonna use them on PHYtenks though. Gonna try to be patient.

I don't know WHO to use them on now. Already maxed out SSJ4 Vegeta. I probably should use them on VB, he's at SA 2 right now, but he's also not someone I use in my main current teams. Also I just used my one dupe of him to unlock the top left because I wasn't sure when I'd max out his SA. Dammit.

I've never gone so quick from feeling pumped (finding all those stones in our gifts) to feeling crushed (realizing they're probably all going to Broly and not getting him).

I'm trying to convince myself not to pull unless Gohan is on it (which he probably won't be since he wasn't mentioned).

Most likely going to ignore this LR banner. Never again going to pull for something that isn't getting the full, normal featured unit rate after Majin Vegeta.

Did some lulz single pulls on the goku banner since the last 2 multis on Vegeta's were nothing but Rs/SRs.
Got my second dupe Super Vegito. This guy... he's soooooooooo beastly. I don't think I'll ever have enough potential orbs for all my agl cards.

Tamanon

Banned
Did some lulz single pulls on the goku banner since the last 2 multis on Vegeta's were nothing but shit.
Got my second dupe Super Vegito. This guy... he's soooooooooo beastly. I don't think I'll ever have enough potential orbs for all my agl cards.

Thank god we get Agi orbs three times a week for right now. I just spent a ton on Super Vegito, SS4 Vegeta, and now working on Rose. So many good AGI units out there.

Now, Int orbs, I have for days.

Durden77

Alright so who should I put Kais in next?

Smart/Top choices

Vegito Blue - Fairly obvious choice, but my teams mainly revolve around AGL/Extreme now. I do have a rockin Super team though. 1 dupe, at SA2.

FP Frieza - Forgot he has OiaF. He will work great on my villians team with LR Majin Vegeta because of it. Heard he hits hard as a mother fucker too. One thing that's holding me back though is I don't know if I'm going to go for Cooler.

Omega Shenron - While he's kind of a sleeper unit, he's very all around good, and I have him at SA7 now so I could finish him up.

Other choices that I kinda wanna do

AGL SSB Vegeta - I really like him on my Mono AGL team. Decent damage and a solidly tanky. Very nice floater. I would be cool with him doing more damage.

AGL SSJ2 Vegeta - I'm really psyched for this dude's Dokkan, as I feel like he's going to fit my LR Majin Vegeta AGL team even better than SSB Vegeta because of his links and his bigger boost. Dunno if it's worth it though.

Or should I just save them for Super 17? I should probably just save them for Super 17...

I do kinda wanna start gettin weird with what characters to pump up though. The idea of pumping up one of those Vegetas for my specific team sounds cooler to me than just going with the smart/top tier units. But they're so damn limited. I wish these things weren't so damn limited.

Definitely Vegito Blue. Increasing his SA is an exponential increase in his dmg thanks to his additional hits, and you'll likely use him more often than any of your other units.

Arrrammis

When You guys talk about team building, what are mono teams?

Mono teams are teams made up of one type/color. There are cards that offer skills that only boost stats of cards that are the same type, so if you build a mono team you sacrifice type coverage to have a huge boost to the stats of the cards on that team.

For example, Super STR is a team made up of Hero STR units, and is usually led by a SSj4 Goku card. This team usually tops 200k hp with plenty to spare, but isn't as effective against AGL enemies.

Durden77

Definitely Vegito Blue. Increasing his SA is an exponential increase in his dmg thanks to his additional hits, and you'll likely use him more often than any of your other units.

My mind say yes, but my heart says no.

I'm just gonna try to hold onto them for a bit for now. But yeah they'll probably to VB.

ffvorax

So... I have AGL Buu Origin of despair (x3).... I already dokkaned him a long time ago and now I got 3 other cards of him... I will use these as dupes I guess, but is it worth to take it to SA10 unlocking the bottom right path? :/

Or should I just open the other 3 paths?

Does not look like a card where I should spend 10 kais...

idonteven

So... I have AGL Buu Origin of despair (x3).... I already dokkaned him a long time ago and now I got 3 other cards of him... I will use these as dupes I guess, but is it worth to take it to SA10 unlocking the bottom right path? :/

do not waste orbs or kais on buu

linkent

Keep the buu, use them to SA up the INT Buu in case you got him in the future.

linkent

Checked on Dokkan Wiki: The Unsurpassable Majin Buu (Kid)?
Looks very good, I will keep them for him! :)
Yup.
He is a good card, int extreme god lead.
But the problem is the meta is all about pure dps race.
So who knows you pull him in another banner which he happen to be in it.

Alright so who should I put Kais in next?

Smart/Top choices

Vegito Blue - Fairly obvious choice, but my teams mainly revolve around AGL/Extreme now. I do have a rockin Super team though. 1 dupe, at SA2.

That is where the list should have started and ended. It's not even close. He's one of the best leaders and one of the best units AND he supers more than once per turn more often than not. This is a total no-brainer. Super teams are lots of fun to run, very versatile, and very strong. Not sure why you're hesitant about this one.

e: Reizo is also right, use what you're gonna run. You do you! But VB is def. one of the best units in the game to get to SA10.

My mind say yes, but my heart says no.

I'm just gonna try to hold onto them for a bit for now. But yeah they'll probably to VB.
There's no harm in investing in units you are going to use a lot. I mean vb at sa10 is great, but does that really matter if you're barely going to use him at all?

MiTYH

Holy hell, grind is over. 30 Paikuhan medals, 24 Goku medals. I really wanted to get these before the event left, and thankfully got it done before the tournament. Now I have.. what, just today to enjoy some 1/2 stamina raids? Then tourney for 5 days, then about a week of 1/2 raids to get my remainder LR medals. Should be fun

ffvorax

Finally got SSJ Vegito AGL! :D on the SSJ4 banner!

Still no SSJ4 Goku... but I have some more stones to spend...
EDIT:
What and when will be the next banner? After the SSJ4?

Holy hell, grind is over. 30 Paikuhan medals, 24 Goku medals. I really wanted to get these before the event left, and thankfully got it done before the tournament. Now I have.. what, just today to enjoy some 1/2 stamina raids? Then tourney for 5 days, then about a week of 1/2 raids to get my remainder LR medals. Should be fun
The grind is real for sure. I just got all of my Goku medals and I'm about to start on Paikuhan medals now. All of that, while farming Teq Piccolo to level up the SA for his base LR, slowly grinding SSJ4 Goku medals, and hitting all the dailies. It's tough right now.

MiTYH

The grind is real for sure. I just got all of my Goku medals and I'm about to start on Paikuhan medals now. All of that, while farming Teq Piccolo to level up the SA for his base LR, slowly grinding SSJ4 Goku medals, and hitting all the dailies. It's tough right now.

The only thing I regret is not farming Paikuhan drops yesterday. I completely forgot those were 1/2 stamina as well

The only thing I regret is not farming Paikuhan drops yesterday. I completely forgot those were 1/2 stamina as well

I tried doing it. Managed to get 4 drops. Z-Awakened all of them for the 50% rate and..... none of them increase SA. Got pissed and said screw it, you're staying at SA1.

Anoregon

The flight plan I just filed with the agency list me, my men, Dr. Pavel here. But only one of you!

Fox1304

I have enough stones to Dokkan some characters for those three, but not sure on which one I should do it :

http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/True_Child_Prodigy_Super_Saiyan_Gotenks_(INT)
http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/Heroic_Victory_Declaration_Super_Saiyan_Gotenks
http://dbz-dokkanbattle.wikia.com/wiki/True_Child_Prodigy_Super_Saiyan_Gotenks_(TEQ)

The STR seems fine, but my STR team is pretty busy (Goku SSJ4 & SSJ3 GT, New Trunks GT, Gogeta, Pikkon, and a toss between Father/Son Goku, Old Broly STR, Genkidama Goku, Father/Son Kame Goten, Full Power Roshi, Buutenks)
My TEQ team has some good units too, not as good as the STR one (Godtenks, Vegito, Pikkon, Nuova, ...)
My INT team is worth shit, but I don't like playing it.

That feeling when you finally have LR Androids and you realize that they don't fit on any team and you're better off not using them.
Is there an Extreme AGL lead coming soon?

something to consider also is that apparently in JP you can't find Extreme friend leaders to save your life, especially Kid Buu and Super 17, but even Cooler, who is great, is apparently rare. Someone who plays on JP can speak to this better but yeah with the general state of most Extreme teams compared to their Super counterparts, you really need optimal units to even make them close to as good. The only really good Extreme teams in JP are STR and PHY, is my impression.

idonteven

What makes it good for the WT? I was planning on going with my STR team including the Awakened (Old) Broly that attacks all.

because he is a orb changer and ur old broly could use these orbs because of his shitty links

edit:he is a orb changer anyway so use it on the str one

Anoregon

The only really good Extreme teams in JP are STR and PHY, is my impression.

Ya and even they have very little wiggle room AFAIK. Like for Extreme STR you have Janemba lead, Omega, LR Frieza, Cell, and I guess Rilldo for links/support. I don't even know who gets the 6th spot. Shitty Zamasu?

idonteven

Ya and even they have very little wiggle room AFAIK. Like for Extreme STR you have Janemba lead, Omega, LR Frieza, Cell, and I guess Rilldo for links/support. I don't even know who gets the 6th spot. Shitty Zamasu?

LR broly and pray u get good orb placement

denebj

Neo Member
Quick question for the SA of TEQ SSJ3 Goku Angel - The neo god in JPN.
I am starting to get the R Goku to farm his SA since I farmed all I needed, I read that you need 19 ?
Why not just 9 ? Since they are 100% when UR to the Free Angel Goku. Why the extra 10 ?

I am not understanding it :-O

Top Bottom