• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z: Dokkan Battle |OT2| Passing Stones

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Agreed, espacially when not everyone has the main leader of that cata, she's a decent sub.
Goddamn, i just walked away with 22 stones for logging in. DBH celebration is a go. But I dunno if it will be worth hitting that banner when 300 mill is so close.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Dokkanfest units come back pretty often, we don't know when the heroes cards will come back; spent 300 stones and got all the featured units and a few dupes for ss3 trunks.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
At 50 stones and no discounts after taking this long to get a lot of these units, I'd rather wait and see what 300 mill will bring. Esp, knowing that this is 100% a trap banner.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
300m seems to be cell and gohan, both look great, but cell's active skill is something else; looks crazy

The thing I love about gohan's SA though, is that you can actually see cells sprite being disintegrated; no more bald shadow dude in sprites from here on out maybe!

Piku_Ringo

Banned
everything that's been leading up to this is gonna be thrown out the window for GLB, and even if we somehow get all the story events at once that still leaves Prime Battle Cell, EZA Perfect Cell and DFE Piccolo hanging in the air
I suppose they'll throw everything in a package to fill a gap in the future but this is just going to be completely out of order for us

Sounds to like it's just another day in the life of glb being 6 months behind. Janemba EZA finally arrives after we get EZA teq Gotenks(the first of a new batch of old leads getting an eza before we finished the OG leads) before him, we are also just now getting the db heroes units after x amount of years waiting and hoping. The best thing we can hope for, is that the new update will at least bring the new improvements jp just got. And to make up for the prime battle Cell, we can at least finally get the LR Trunks campaign. Considering it is apart of that saga and would fit the theme akatsuki is going for. At the very least it's funny to see we're moving from one special themed Battlefield to yet another themed battlefield.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Screenshot_20190818-160916.png

Piku_Ringo

Banned
3o4j9ikpgui31.jpg

Hmmm.... I gotta say I'm def not like the gohan. That leader skill. Hp only 130% and the typical mono types 120% on yet another unit. Sigh.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Gohan is actually pretty fantastic, his passive pre transformation is amazing; the active skill transformation is supposed to be a finisher. The second part of his transformed passive is also easy to activate because there's a whole lot of amazing ss gokus under his leader skill.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
How is it no good? Read his passive and SA again, he keeps getting stronger even beyond when he's ready to transform, the transformation is a finisher, he works the same as teq spirit sword trunks.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
It's one of those units where you're very likely to never going meet the threshold to see it. Should of been at least 4th or 3rd turn to transform. And I don't really like the fact I have to run a particular card to just active it once my hp drops to a certain point.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
You can easily reach the threshold by running ssbkk, since he's on the category. There's also plenty of great cell units that you can run on that team since, aside from his 2nd form, they all kamehameha and are on androids.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Your SOL if you don't have SSBKK or those Cell Units. But the very best part of New Gohan, is the one restriction that doesn't require you to wait a turn limit to activate, does require you to have an Android 16 card that will never get the benefit of either of his dual leader skills, since there wiil no current 16 unit that is of super AGL typing.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
There have been plenty of red stones, with another one coming up, so if you don't have EZA teq cell by now I dunno.
The android 16 requirement just means there's going to be a new agl android 16.

103 tickets, guess I can call myself 99% f2p.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Lol I justt fucked up pretty hard, thought I already had transforming freeza at one dupe, so I opened top left only to realise bottom right was still locked.....oh well.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
The android 16 requirement just means there's going to be a new agl android 16.
not anytime soon as the latest 16 is confirmed to be Int type

somehow i got 155 tickets meaning i somehow spent over 7000 stones in the past year. which is complete and utter bulls***, but i'll take the tickets anyway.

got first dupe for phy vb bout f***ing time
second dupe for int gohan buu
first copy of jiren and a dupe for him.
2nd dupe for merged zamasu
2nd dupe for phy broly eza
first dupe for eza golden freeza
final dupe for evo geta
3rd dupe for into blue geta
first dupe for teq 16
and finally my first f***ing copy of phy super vegito.
about f***ing time too.

waaaaaaaaaaaay waaaaaaaaaaaaay better draws than last years celebration ticket banner

Last edited:

Shouta

oh, I was wondering what those tickets were for. They were for my stones stuff. I think i got 92 or was it 72? I can't recall.

I did get my last Transforming Freeza to rainbow him. TEQ Angel SS3 Goku, a bunch of dupes of rainbows I already have, lol

Last edited:

Piku_Ringo

Banned
Still looking for my first dupe for that transforming Goku. But at least you got Angel SSJ3. Took me a purple stone last month to get him.

also forgot to mention i got two dupes for str rose

Last edited:

Shouta

Yeah, The Angel SS3 was nice. It's just weird because I also have the LR SS3 Goku too. First time I was making a team with it and I was confused until I actually looked at the cards.

Shouta

I haven't gotten any LR dupe yet but it'd be nice but I'm just happy having the ones I've got, lol. Getting 6 different ones from the gacha is pretty lucky for not being a whale.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Dupes for LRs just show you how immensely overpowered every single one of them are.
I have LR SV with 2 dupes and LR boujack with 2 dupes (though I use 1 dupe for linking), these are old ass LRs and they still just bulldoze anything you put in front of them.
LR Gohan and Goten with dupes? Absolutely and utterly ridiculous. Even at free dupe, they are the entire reason why I was able to beat 3 different sbrs, back to back, with ease.

Though I must say I do value LRs, or I guess cards in general, that have really stacked defence, more than those that don't but have super high damage.
Like LR ss3 goku deletes lifebars like nothing, but afterwards he's completely defenseless, so he's not that great for tougher events like SBR and you kinda have to keep him doing 12ki instead.
Compare that to UR piccolo and nail, who become fucking impervious to any kind of damage when on rotation together; I'd run them over some hard hitting LR any day of the week, because when you aren't taking damage, you win by default.
This is also the reason why I still regard androids as one of the best teams in the game; really nice defence on all of them and just non-stop heals. The new LR cell on androids would almost be like a cheat code.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Don't sleep on the limited keys for the rosat training stage, shit gives 5 elder kais, 5 million character xp per character (enough to max out a TUR right away) 5 great training stages and a bunch of rank xp as well; Leveled up all my DBH cards in one go.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Did a couple sbrs and actually forgot I had boss rush 8 still waiting; bought a 32 pack of stones and managed to finish out my second round of super side summons.
Got the new #16 and LR gohan on the free multi, guess I'm done summoning now.

Shouta

My 4th STR ultimate gohan since this started. I had one beforehand...

At least i got a #16 dupe sigh

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Kamehameha is such a crazy team, if anything we can thank LR gohan for allowing LR SV and LR Gogeta on rotation together under a high leaderskill.

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Extreme agl is such a fucking dried up wasteland, that it took up till now to finally beat vs super str sbr; the new agl #18 made the difference.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
latest

This edition of battlefield was more frustrating than last months version. kinda don't wanna fight phy cell twice more again

Screenshot_20190901-180711.png

first attempt done. Now I just need vs super teq and that's the last of the og sbr events

Screenshot_20190902-233629.png

honestly forgot about that free multi

Screenshot_20190904-160931.png

and that's all for the og stages of sbr. cell really made that stage into one big joke, even if he only transformed once.

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
They'll either just give him lr ss gohan's SA or actually make a new one; they've updated sa's in the past without mentioning it, because those were only small changes.

Dokkan has been pretty great lately, and I'm not just talking about rewards, all the new events are really nice to play and the new infinite db history mode hits a nice sweet spot between boss rush and sbr.
I massively prefer it to boss rush though because all the bosses are just phases instead of new encounters, meaning you can really put those build up units to good use. Also characters with late transformations like golden freeza finally get to shine.
Also managed to get LR ss gohan to super for 8.8 million without any kind of items, just ss goku and #16 on rotation. He does trade in his amazing defence to be able to do that, but it's not that big a deal for this event.

Seems like a prelude to the legendary goku event as well, since every phase gets more and more damage reduction like the goku event, however the last phase only supers for 300k instead of goku's 450k, so it's still a bit easier and not fully reliant on DEF build up units.

Piku_Ringo

Banned
And with that I've finally hit 500. 20 more stones added to the pool, but I will be skipping out on the lr banner as those are usually terrible luck for me.

Top Bottom