• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Builders demo out now

Raw64life

Didn't know there was even going to be a demo. But that's par for the course when it comes to promoting DQ games in the west.

I have this game pre-ordered for no other reason than because it's a DQ game, so it'll be nice to actually see what the game is about.

magnetic

Really curious to see how this plays. I like the Dragon Quest style, and I always liked the idea of Minecraft (but not actually playing it), so this could go either way for me.

Played the JP demo, I'd imagine this one will cover the same area of the game. Still, it's nice to play in a language I can understand.

I really urge people to play this, DQ Builders is AWESOME and is so much more than "a Minecraft clone w/ a DQ skin". Seriously, I'm super excited to play this come October

magnetic

Oh god, I can already tell I'm going to sink a lot of time into this.

Hearing DQ music while running over a Minecraft world is a fantastic combination. I already find this a lot more playable than actual Minecraft.

And looks pretty good on Vita! Weird feeling to go from 30 hours of DQVII to this one, especially with the better resolution.

FelipeMGM

Played the JP demo, I'd imagine this one will cover the same area of the game. Still, it's nice to play in a language I can understand.

I really urge people to play this, DQ Builders is AWESOME and is so much more than "a Minecraft clone w/ a DQ skin". Seriously, I'm super excited to play this come October

Its the same demo it seems, I was even able to load my savefile from the japanese demo

BooJoh

Doesn't seem to be up on the US store yet, but I'll give it a download when it is. I already have the game pre-ordered, looks like a fun spin on the Minecraft formula with a heavy dose of DQ nostalgia.

magnetic

I'm amazed how well the DQ style fits on Minecraft. It sounded pretty weird on paper, but it's very natural.

The sweet town theme when you built your first base and the adventurous overworld music when you go outside feels fantastic.

gbland

not in the store in US yet. Probably will update midday. Interesting they would make a DQ/minecraft hybrid. I'll give it a go.

Top Bottom