• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes on Steam?

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 was also a KT game and the graphic options literally do nothing in that game. The steam page has pictures of the PS4 version and it looks nothing like that in-game. They have yet to fix it. As much as i'd like to play it on pc, i'll probably steer away from this after how little they care.

koutoru

The good thing about this is that the only localized version of this game is using PS4 assets and is already running at 60 fps.
So unless KT go out of their way to make the game worse than the ps4 version there's hope for an acceptable pc port.

Escalario

Banned
The good thing about this is that the only localized version of this game is using PS4 assets and is already running at 60 fps.
So unless KT go out of their way to make the game worse than the ps4 version there's hope for an acceptable pc port.

Welllllllllllllllllllllll, PC version of One Piece PW3 is worse than PS3 version and barely above Vita version :V And the PC version is supposed to be based on PS4 version.

Tizoc

Sweet, now I can buy it since they decided to skip the PS3 version.

Oh no, they were saving that version for Steam ;)

KT also release PC games in Asia and Japan IIRC.

FLD

Oh man, I was really hoping for this! Out of all the recent DQ games, it seemed like the most likely candidate for a PC port. Hopefully the port will be decent because I'm there day one. I know it's a completely different kind of game but I haven't played a DQ game since DQVIII back when it first came out on PS2 and I've been meaning to go back to the series for a while now.

Also, it's always nice to "lose" a reason to buy a PS4. I mean, I still want one, but that thing is so expensive. I just can't bring myself to pull the trigger just for a couple of games I really want to play.

Welllllllllllllllllllllll, PC version of One Piece PW3 is worse than PS3 version and barely above Vita version :V And the PC version is supposed to be based on PS4 version.

Yup. They said they were "investigating" months ago and the only patch the game has gotten is to add DLC.

KingBroly

Banned

I imagine Tecmo has no say over the port, but Square will.

Escalario

Banned
But the PS3 version of this game wasn't localized. One Piece was, right?

Yes, all versions of OP PW3 were localized. What I'm saying is that they advertised PC version of OP PW3 as based on PS4 version, when in reality it's barely above Vita version. No matter what they say about DQH PC version, it's better to wait and see on what version it's really based.

And just to add something more on the SE side: their PC ports also aren't so great. FFXIII and FFXIII-2 had a lot of problems on launch (no idea if they still have them), and the ports of their mobile games are the most barebones, direct ports imaginable.

I knew holding off on the PS4 version would pay off. Day 1 full price because I love seeing these games on Steam

Edit: I hope you are right Kouriozan. I want more DQ in my life

Kouriozan

Also hoping this mean they are preparing to launch DQ X here on console and PC.
Highly unlikely but I'm not giving up on DQ X yet!

LordCiego

Yes, keep bringing the mouse Style games to Steam. Just one step closer to bring us Gundam Musou which is also developed by Omega Force
;_;

Arkeband

Banned
This is an interesting decision. DQ on Steam! I hope they port some of the others... (DQ7's mobile version would be great)

Somnia

Amazing news! I got it on PS4 and probably won't double dip, but I LOVE seeing more and more Japanese games coming to Steam.

Granjinha

Yes, all versions of OP PW3 were localized. What I'm saying is that they advertised PC version of OP PW3 as based on PS4 version, when in reality it's barely above Vita version. No matter what they say about DQH PC version, it's better to wait and see on what version it's really based.

And just to add something more on the SE side: their PC ports also aren't so great. FFXIII and FFXIII-2 had a lot of problems on launch (no idea if they still have them), and the ports of their mobile games are the most barebones, direct ports imaginable.

Oh, i completely agree. But at least Square is getting better. Type 0 HD is a prety a good port.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Already have the PS4 version, but good news for PC players.

Hopefully this means more DQ games in general. Not just PC, but all the planned releases on 3DS, PS4, and NX.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Have they ever delivered a Kingdom Hearts title digitally on a non-mobile platform yet?

I was under the impression Square Enix has been trying to dodge losing some sweetheart clause they're not sure they can get again by renegotiating their contract.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
Oh, i completely agree. But at least Square is getting better. Type 0 HD is a prety a good port.

Yeah I still don't get the hate for the type-0HD port.

It's a port of the console version of a port from VITA.
Of course the textures won't look real nice and not on par with most games coming out.

More people getting to play this is a very good thing. Loved it and I generally hate "Warriors" games. Definitely more of an ARPG

Akara

Banned
I don't know if I should return my PS4 copy of DQH to buy the PC version, keep iit and play it, double dip.

Well double dip really isn't an option for me, I just bought TOZ and Disgaea :((

Escalario

Banned
Have they ever delivered a Kingdom Hearts title digitally on a non-mobile platform yet?

I was under the impression Square Enix has been trying to dodge some sweetheart clause they're not sure they can get again by renegotiating their contract.

Nope. I wonder if that rumour about Disney being the one blocking digital releases of console/portable KH games was true. Everything points to "Yes".

Do you think it'd run on a Surface Pro 3, intel core i5 with 8GB ram?

If other Musou games on PC are an indication, it will run on a toaster lol.

prudislav

even though it might end up beiing typical Warriors shit-port - i have thx to this high hopes for omega force's attack on titan game to hit PC aswell one day

Granjinha

I was under the impression Square Enix has been trying to dodge losing some sweetheart clause they're not sure they can get again by renegotiating their contract.

Yeah, i heard about that. Considering the relevance of digital sales in today's market, maybe they will change this?

Yeah I still don't get the hate for the type-0HD port.

It's a port of the console version of a port from VITA.
Of course the textures won't look real nice and not on par with most games coming out.

Lack of information, mostly. The resolution and FPS lock are pretty shitty. And the fact that the AA at max does 4k downsampling makes the first lock even more puzzling.

But it runs pretty well and the rendering techniques create an excellent IQ.

Nope. I wonder if that rumour about Disney being the one blocking digital releases of console/portable KH games was true. Everything points to "Yes".

Disney did release their entire catalogue (pratically) on Steam, though. Including Disney Infinity and Epic Mickey 2.

Gambit61

Wow, recently looked into this game and was considering buying it for my new ps4. I hope the PC port is good, if so I might get it day one.

matmanx1

While this is good news I wouldn't say that based on KT's history the PC version will be the best one to get. So if you have a PS4 or are getting a PS4 soon and you want DQH then definitely go with the PS4 version because it is very good.

Don't get me wrong, in most cases if there is a PC version then that is the one I usually prefer. I have a high end gaming PC and Steam is a great platform. But the PS4 version is completely worth your time and cash and "buy" of the PS4 version is worth just as much (maybe even more) than a "buy" of the eventual PC version in terms of further DQ games coming to the West.

Long story short: just buy the game!

Top Bottom