• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes on Steam?

Akara

Banned
While this is good news I wouldn't say that based on KT's history the PC version will be the best one to get. So if you have a PS4 or are getting a PS4 soon and you want DQH then definitely go with the PS4 version because it is very good.

Don't get me wrong, in most cases if there is a PC version then that is the one I usually prefer. I have a high end gaming PC and Steam is a great platform. But the PS4 version is completely worth your time and cash and "buy" of the PS4 version is worth just as much (maybe even more) than a "buy" of the eventual PC version in terms of further DQ games coming to the West.

Long story short: just buy the game!

Well thank you for your input! Really appreciate it! I'll keep my PS4 version and play it.

TheChaos

Have they ever delivered a Kingdom Hearts title digitally on a non-mobile platform yet?

I was under the impression Square Enix has been trying to dodge losing some sweetheart clause they're not sure they can get again by renegotiating their contract.

Really? I thought it had something to do with Utada's record label.

Or it would be, if it wasn't K-T.

If there's one poster child publisher for refusing to "get" PC gaming even after numerous attempts, it's K-T.

Well it depends. From what I tried, their best PC port is Bladestorm, which is the PS4 version, with all the features, no resolution limit and maybe no framerate limite iirc. The thing is... it's a terrible game lol.

Momentary

Banned
Knowing how K-T operates, this will be the PS3 version of the game just like their other lack luster ports they have done on the platform. Such a shit company on PC.

Samurai Warriors is good too, right?

Depends on your standards. It's a port of the PS3 game but with PS4 models for the characters. Yep, weird thing. Other than that, it seems to run well.

Knowing how K-T operates, this will be the PS3 version of the game just like their other lack luster ports they have done on the platform. Such a shit company on PC.

Isn't DQH on PS4 basically the PS3 version with 1080p and 60FPS ?

Tizoc

Wait Bladestorm's gameplay isn't good? I was hoping to pick it up during a future sale :/

Was wonder when you'd show up :p
I'd get calling them trash due to their poor customer support and for fixing their ports on Steam, but at the very least they run fine. It's just the port quality and visual/graphics presentation is very disappointing.

I put 20 hours into SW4-2, it runs fine but the graphics are hit or miss. Hadn't encountered any major issues when playing but overall I enjoed my time with the game for the most part.

anyone know if DQH sold well?

I am 100% certain it sold well in Japan ;)

NoKisum

I'd like to hold out for this, but considering Koei Tecmo's shitty port job at Pirate Warriors 3 and DOA5LR, I'll just wait until I get my PS4.

Guymelef

Jsh6qP6.jpg

Durante

Well it depends. From what I tried, their best PC port is Bladestorm, which is the PS4 version, with all the features, no resolution limit and maybe no framerate limite iirc. The thing is... it's a terrible game lol.
I wasn't aware of that.

Creating the best PC port of the worst game in their portfolio just reinforces that they are insane though :p

Or is Bladestorm using a standard engine with good PC support?

Akara

Banned
Wait Bladestorm's gameplay isn't good? I was hoping to pick it up during a future sale :/

Was wonder when you'd show up :p
I'd get calling them trash due to their poor customer support and for fixing their ports on Steam, but at the very least they run fine. It's just the port quality and visual/graphics presentation is very disappointing.

I put 20 hours into SW4-2, it runs fine but the graphics are hit or miss. Hadn't encountered any major issues when playing but overall I enjoed my time with the game for the most part.

I am 100% certain it sold well in Japan ;)

Sorry I should have clarified! I meant in NA. If the sales are good, I think that's a great indicator at more Dragon Quest games being released over here.

Was there a PS3 version of this game? If so... don't get your hopes up on matching the quality of the PS4 game, musou have a horrible tendency of using the graphics of the last gen version on PC.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Really? I thought it had something to do with Utada's record label.

It could be, but it'd be kind of odd that they couldn't negotiate digital music rights in 2015.

Disney itself is also a primarily digital company (especially games wise) in 2015, so some kind of legacy agreement seems more plausible. With how the current consoles work though it should become apparent soon.

I wasn't aware of that.

Creating the best PC port of the worst game in their portfolio just reinforces that they are insane though :p

Or is Bladestorm using a standard engine with good PC support?

Nah. Just using their own engine. Same for Toukiden which only flaw seems to be the 30FPS limit. Otherwise... it's a PS4 port.

Durante

Nah. Just using their own engine. Same for Toukiden which only flaw seems to be the 30FPS limit. Otherwise... it's a PS4 port.
Toukiden as far as I know is resolution locked, not just FPS locked.

Which sounds pretty terrible all around especially given the asking price.

Adnor

Banned
Would be hyped but... yeah, Koei-Tecmo doesn't have the best history of PC ports and neither does the japanese Square-Enix games.

Hey steam users. This is not a Mosou. I repeat. This is not a Mosou. Return to your regularly scheduled programming. Get excite.

Game is great fun once you get going. Liked the story also.

Momentary

Banned
The best handled port K-T has on STEAM is Yaiba. I don't know what happened to them after that. But that was developed by Comcept.

massoluk

Banned
Praise the lord.

In other news, my PS4 purchase is delayed yet again thanks to another Steam releases.
One Piece Musou, Samurai Warriors 4-II, Tales of Zestiria, and now DQ Heroes.

HeeHo

I only have 6 hours on DQH and the only other Musou I've played is Hyrule Warriors, but compared to even that, DQH looks so polished in comparison. It's really impressive for a Musou game to me.

Have they ever delivered a Kingdom Hearts title digitally on a non-mobile platform yet?

I was under the impression Square Enix has been trying to dodge losing some sweetheart clause they're not sure they can get again by renegotiating their contract.

They can just replace Hikaru with Leona Lewis or something and let us mod it back in.

Top Bottom