• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Heroes |OT| - The World Tree's Woe and Some Heroes We Know

Arkeband

Banned
Should I save my mini medals, or just spend as I get?

Just spend, the weapons are second-best (though some have some interesting effects) and you're going to be farming them in the endgame with a 2% medal drop accessory.

edit: actually they're more like third-best.

Teknoman

lol well now I guess i'll just see how things.

On that note, I just learned that Terry from DQM is the same as DQVI. I havent played VI yet, so i guess thats why his personality threw me off..

Arkeband

Banned
lol well now I guess i'll just see how things.

On that note, I just learned that Terry from DQM is the same as DQVI. I havent played VI yet, so i guess thats why his personality threw me off..

Terry and Mileyu in DQM are when they were kids.

Terry in DQ6 is kind of a dick, so DQH's portrayal of him is fairly accurate, though it would have made more sense if he joined because the party included his sister. (hope and pray for DQH2!)

Mcdohl

I finished the game yesterday! :)

What a lovely game, I'll miss Aurora!

For a musou, I didn't feel the game was very repetitive until the last
Arba
missions (those were completely unnecessary imo, nothing but filler).

Looking forward to DQH2!!!

I'm definitely not up for the mega grind to get Platinum, not when Fallout 4, FFXIV 3.1, and Bloodborne DLC are on the horizon.

Can anyone tell me how much longer I have in the story ?
I just got the guy back from the dark side and am headed to Isla's home town

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Can anyone tell me how much longer I have in the story ?
I just got the guy back from the dark side and am headed to Isla's home town

Including the new area you unlocked
4 more story sections to go through. Dawnsholm. Then another. Then another, and then the final map/missions/boss. And that's for the main story. Post final boss, the game pops out ton of character quests for everybody, and stuff. Lots of content to go haha.

LetTheWookieWin

Neo Member
Wow what a great game. Soo pretty, consistently fun and the story wasn't half bad. Beat it yesterday with 67% of the trophies. Will go back next year or two to clean them up but after 40+ hours I need a break lol.

Including the new area you unlocked
4 more story sections to go through. Dawnsholm. Then another. Then another, and then the final map/missions/boss. And that's for the main story. Post final boss, the game pops out ton of character quests for everybody, and stuff. Lots of content to go haha.

Ty, I actually can't wait for the post story content. I just want to get past the shit story asap to get to the real game. :D

I just started playing it and I have a question : what camera settings are you guys using ?

Most of my experience with the Warriors game comes from Hyrule Warriors but I find the lock-on system in Dragon Quest Heroes to be very frustrating. It's very slow to adjust to my movements compared to Hyrule Warriors, I've tried changing the settings but it doesn't seem to change much.

ZeroX03

Banned
Holy shit this game bomba'd so hard here. It's half price already. I honestly can't remember the last time something has dropped so quickly.

Tempted to pick it up. How many references are there to the Monsters series in the game? I'm not a big fan of the mainline titles but I really like Monsters.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
Fastest way to level up after reaching level 40 and having finished the last boss already?

F0rneus

Tears in the rain
Fastest way to level up after reaching level 40 and having finished the last boss already?

I'd say hunting down metal slimes.
Arba Town has King Metal Slimes. Dawnsholm has a Liquid Metal Slime that always spawn, and you can reach him in 10 seconds.

Holy shit this game bomba'd so hard here. It's half price already. I honestly can't remember the last time something has dropped so quickly.

Tempted to pick it up. How many references are there to the Monsters series in the game? I'm not a big fan of the mainline titles but I really like Monsters.

Weird, it's still 60 here. I personally love the game, was hoping it'd do better so we could get the sequel, would hate to have to import.

I'd say hunting down metal slimes.
Arba Town has King Metal Slimes. Dawnsholm has a Liquid Metal Slime that always spawn, and you can reach him in 10 seconds.

How much exp do they give?

Arkeband

Banned

Adult Terry and the monsters from the series are probably the only direct things these two series share. Unless Watabou or whatever the heck the thing from Joker was shows up in DQH2 I wouldn't expect too much crossover. Monsters is a spinoff series itself.

That being said, this game at 30 is a steal, it's gorgeous on the PS4. Though it helps if you know some of the other characters from the mainline series, so you should go pick up 4/5/6/8.

ZeroX03

Banned
Adult Terry and the monsters from the series are probably the only direct things these two series share. Unless Watabou or whatever the heck the thing from Joker was shows up in DQH2 I wouldn't expect too much crossover. Monsters is a spinoff series itself.

That being said, this game at 30 is a steal, it's gorgeous on the PS4. Though it helps if you know some of the other characters from the mainline series, so you should go pick up 4/5/6/8.

I played 9 and didn't like it, I don't think the mainline series is for me.

Picked it up anyway. Even if the series isn't for me hopefully it shows there's some interest for more spin-offs because I really like Monsters.

Arkeband

Banned
I played 9 and didn't like it, I don't think the mainline series is for me.

Picked it up anyway. Even if the series isn't for me hopefully it shows there's some interest for more spin-offs because I really like Monsters.

9 is really a horrible representation of the series, but there are a few really diehard 9 fans on GAF that always preach it as an entry point for some reason. I'd give some of the others a shot, 4/5/6/8 are where all of the characters from DQH come from, and they're all solid and genre-defining.

ZeroX03

Banned
9 is really a horrible representation of the series, but there are a few really diehard 9 fans on GAF that always preach it as an entry point for some reason. I'd give some of the others a shot, 4/5/6/8 are where all of the characters from DQH come from, and they're all solid and genre-defining.

I'll give the 3DS titles a try if they ever come West.

Perfo

Thirteen flew over the cuckoo's nest
I must say extra bosses and final subquests are so challenging at lvl 45. What level one should be? 99? -.-'

steveovig

All I have left is the
puff-puff
trophy, and I'll have the platinum, at around 70 hours so far. Who knows how long that trophy will take though. It isn't really any fun anymore, just a chore. Overall, I had a lot of fun though. I thought this would be more like an action RPG but looking back, it feels pretty much like a Musou game, true and true. Here's to hoping the sequel comes out.

I've done about 16 hours I think and I have just defeated the
white dragon and Luceus, and got the true power of the light
. Really enjoying it to be honest. I realise it's a highly repetitive game with oftentimes bad level design, but it's also so enjoyable and I really like some of the battles against big enemies. I'm conscious of the trophies but I'm not prepared to put in 50+ hours to get the Platinum, so I'll probably see the story to its conclusion and consider tackling some of the post-game content. I'm predominantly using Aurora, Terry, Jessica and Yangus, although mostly sticking with Aurora. Great game so far.

Buburibon

Loaded up Steam this morning and was greeted with the following:

UbVvR5y.png

The store page hasn't been set up yet, but that sure is interesting. :)

Please disregard if old!

I'm very close to the end now - we're currently trying to
make the citizens of Arba safe by housing them within the castle
. I've defeated
Velasco and I'm now waiting for Shanda to show up so I can kick his arse too
. About level 37 with my main characters I think, and I've clocked about 28 hours so far. I have really enjoyed it, but I want to finish up and move on now.

ZeMMiK

I did not do any sidequests, I was thinking doing them after the storyquests,,, wrong!.. You need to do some of them to get more monsterslots and other goodies... did you guys also finished the story with any sidequests??

where is it half priced?

Labadal

I finally had a chance to play this and it's really solid, just as I thought it would be. Trinit Souls of Zill O'll in Dragon Quest costume is an apt description. The difference is the defending points on the map and monster coins.

I love the presentation as a whole. I know the game has already dipped in price at some places but I don't regret my pre-order.

finished the game yesterday, so god damn good. 40hrs+ doing almost everything in the game, ill finish the rest of the sidequests today (like 10+ or so left) before moving onto SAO and rest a bit from grinding fatigue.

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Finally got my Platinum! Damn those puff-puff conversations, man.

Final clock time at 49 hours and 40 minutes.

Now to wait until DQ Heroes 2!

Top Bottom