• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest IV, V, VI for DS announced !!

manueldelalas

Time Traveler
There is a translation for DQVI that is 99% complete made by noprgress (I finished the game this way).
Great game, deep job system. Although I like more DQV.
EDIT: Search for Noprgress translation for the file

manueldelalas said:
There is a translation for DQVI that is 99% complete made by noprgress (I finished the game this way).
Great game, deep job system. Although I like more DQV.
Here's the link if someone wants to play the game.

Goodbye, junior.

SS4Rob

I must tell you guys the significance of this announcement.

"It will be significant."

As if the DS needed anymore fire powa in Japan ~ I said Japan will STOP when DQ9 comes out, but with 4/5/6 coming out it'll be like rolling blackouts of productivity over the whole country :)

Any release dates? Especially US ones? I've always wanted to play VI but never got a chance...

OMGF!!!!11111oneoneone

*Waits for III remake since GBC III doesn't fit in DS*

So either they'll be releasing them within a fairly short span of each other, or this could give DS a Dragon Quest each year through 2010?
Nuclear Muffin said:
Why not 7? why stop at 6?
Announcing three at once is surprising enough.
ari said:
i don't think its that high AT ALL

the gba and ds makes like 90% of the handheld market
If you're counting GBA's lifetime sales, maybe, but it's no 90% on a weekly/monthly/yearly basis now.
JohnyDeepthroat said:
I know I should think of FF3 (NA) as FFIV.. but I just can't... so I'll assume that you're not talking about FFIV.
Er, no. "Old FF3" is Final Fantasy VI. Final Fantasy III DS is Final Fantasy III.

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
alena.jpg

respect!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Cheesemeister said:
Yeah.

IV = this winter
V = TBA
VI = TBA

So w8... Japanese Players gets ASH,FF4R,DQ9,DQ4R,ToI all these holyday season ? srsly.. :eek:

Nuclear Muffin said:
Why not 7? why stop at 6?

Castle in the Sky trilogy.

I, II and III are remade for GBC, but with the way S-E milks their old games I expect them to be remade soon for PSP or DS in the future.

Aeana

N3al said:
Who is developing these?

It doesn't say, but I'd bet that it's TOSE. They've been in charge of handheld DQ since the beginning (although DQ9 throws things out of whack, a bit).

sugaki

I live my life one quarter-mile at a time
DQ VI sucked, IMO. Job system comes into the game very late, and it's a pretty lackluster system. DQIII's system was better, IMO.

DQIV was the best DQ made. Period. Best story, best soundtrack. The PS version also let you get Pisalo (dunno his name in English) as a character in the end-game, which was awesome. DQV is also up there for my favorite DQ's. Love getting 'em monsters. For me it's:

IV > V > III > II > I > VII > VI (never played VIII, gave up on JRPGs after VI)

Awesome news though.

Lightning

Banned
Xzbeat said:
Looks like S-E needs some quick cash-ins to fund the 2 FF they're developping for the PS3.
You say that like SE developing FFXIII and Versus XIII on the PS3 is a bad thing. Every game can't go to the Wii/DS you know.

jarrod

Banned
Aeana said:
It doesn't say, but I'd bet that it's TOSE. They've been in charge of handheld DQ since the beginning (although DQ9 throws things out of whack, a bit).
TOSE is a good bet but it could also be Matrix (FF3/4 DS, DQ5 PS2).

Jiggy

Error said:
<3 Princess of Critical Hits. One of my favorites in any RPG.

monkeylite said:
I, II and III are remade for GBC, but with the way S-E milks their old games I expect them to be remade soon for PSP or DS in the future.
I can only hope so. DQI, especially, would probably instantly become at least 30% better if it had visible equipment like DQIX, so you're not staring at the same character doing the same things and looking the same the whole way through.

Flo

Cheesemeister said:
Goodbye, junior.

Whats wrong with translations?

I'm playing Glory of Hercules 3 this way.. I actually own the game, but I play it on my PSP so I can patch a rom which will allow me to play it in English.

djtiesto

is beloved, despite what anyone might say
Tiktaalik said:
HOLY **** YES

Ever since reading Nintendo Power back when I was a kid, and having Nintendo Power hype DQ6 like mad I've wanted to play these Dragon Quest games in english. I don't know why NP hyped DQ6 so much, I swear they gave it like 4 pages of coverage. Maybe it was really close to coming out in NA but never made it.

Anyway. **** YES. DS BEST SYSTEM EVER????????

Yeah, there definitely were plans to release DQ6 in the states, even though Enix's US subsidary shut down in late '95, Nintendo was planning on translating it... don't know why they never did.

Cdammen

Yes, finally a confirmation and the NDS will sell even more units. Every Japanese citizen will own at least two dual-screened handheld consoles :D

[ ] flaccid
[X] erect

(EDIT) And **** you S-E if you don't release these games outside of Japan!

Lightning said:
You say that like SE developing FFXIII and Versus XIII on the PS3 is a bad thing. Every game can't go to the Wii/DS you know.
He really didn't say that at all. He was implying both of those projects have huge budgets and SE might need more money to fund them.

You don't have to come in to every Wii/DS thread and shit all over everything you know.

Teasel

well as long these remakes have DQVIII pace i'm ok with them
wouldn't it be cool if they didn't have random encounter like DQIX?

Aeana

neo2046 said:
all 3 are also developed by ArtePiazza
after Chun Soft left, they have been involved in lots of DQ projects
http://www.artepiazza.com/

Arte Piazza is a design studio, they aren't a developer. They did the art for a lot of DQ games, including 4r, 7 and 5r PS2.

After ChunSoft, Heartbeat did the development for 6, 3r, 4r, and 7 and then Matrix did 5r.

Lightning

Banned
Colonel Mustard said:
He really didn't say that at all. He was implying both of those projects have huge budgets.

You don't have to come in to every Wii/DS thread and shit all over everything you know.
I didn't shit over anything and I think this is the first DS thread I have been in on this forum. :lol

Tailzo

I realised that my money belongs to Square Enix.

my current JRPG games for DS
FFIII
DQ Heroes RS

Upcoming
DQIV
DQV
DQVI
DQIX
FFIV

(and more?)

WOW

NolbertoS

Day one purchase confirmed, finally I can complete my entire DQ collection going back to the NES days, GBA days, PS1 and 2 days, and now DS days, S-E has made this huge DQ fanboy very happy indeed, DQ rulz.:D

If this DQ4r comes to America, I will finally be able to forgive Enix for saying that DQ4r was 'coming soon' on the back of the manual for DQ7.

Seriously awesome news.

Lightning said:

Weren't you complaining about "silly fanboys" in another thread?

Something something glass house something stones...nevermind I got nothing.

jarrod

Banned
Aeana said:
Arte Piazza is a design studio, they aren't a developer. They did the art for a lot of DQ games, including 4r, 7 and 5r PS2.

After ChunSoft, Heartbeat did the development for 6, 3r, 4r, and 7 and then Matrix did 5r.
Yeah, all Arte Piazza's games have been co-developed (like Innocent Life with MMV)... there's got to be a code house behind this too, like TOSE or Matrix.

Emotions

This is awesome news with the localizations of Dragon Quest Monster Joker and Swords wich are spin-offs, i'm positive these will also get a localization along with DQ IX .
God so much RPG goodness on the DS specially from S-E.

Top Bottom