• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest Slimes Awesome New Scans! (Mori Mori DS)

Ark-AMN

Banned
These deserved their own thread, considering the love for DQ8 that I've got now.

Slime Mori Mori DS just looks so cool!!!

I really really hope that Dragon Quest 8 sells well so that Squenix can get it through their heads that this game should come over here! I mean, come on, who doesn't want to be a slime? Or ride in a big slime tank?

themadcowtipper

Smells faintly of rancid stilton.
Ark-AMN said:
whoops, they show up for me, guess I'll get the other ones.

here we go

th_2b9_Slime_Morimori_DQ2_ND01a_r14.jpg

http://img103.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=2b9_Slime_Morimori_DQ2_ND01a_r14.jpg
th_a59_Slime_Morimori_DQ2_ND01b_r14.jpg

http://img121.imagevenue.com/img.php?loc=loc24&image=a59_Slime_Morimori_DQ2_ND01b_r14.jpg

I can almost tell those are pics...almost

how can you fuck up twice in one thread...HOW?????

Ark-AMN

Banned
themadcowtipper said:
I can almost tell those are pics...almost

how can you fuck up twice in one thread...HOW?????

Because I didn't realize that imagevenue was so bad. So I had to save them to my comp, re-compress them because they were too big for imageshack, and then upload them. But I got it now!

So, any Japanese readers here that can translate and tell what the game is all about?

jj984jj

He's a pretty swell guy in my books anyway.
Does anyone know if Tose did this one too or if S-E did this one on their own?

Ark-AMN

Banned
I've been wanting this (and the original GBA game) for a long time now, but Squenix doens't budge. I'm hopefull that a strong DQ8 sales showing will get them to change their minds, or at least let Nintendo bring it over like they did with Sword of Mana (and that was a bad game).

I mean, its especially tempting after playing DQ8 so much and seeing all those characters, like the Mimics (who too have their own tanks as well) and the candy-cats. :D

isamu

OMFG HOLY MOTHER OF MARY IN HEAVEN I CANT BELIEVE IT WTF WHERE ARE MY SEDATIVES AAAAHHH
PLEASE PORT IT TO THE 360!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ark-AMN

Banned
Hehe, that really was a slime church, I scanned the scans more closely and found this.

sdqc5we.jpg

Slime nuns and Slime angels. The art is too cute :)

Cheerilee

I really really hope that Dragon Quest 8 sells well so that Squenix can get it through their heads that this game should come over here!
DQ8 "selling well" is the absurd requirement for PS2 owners to tell Squenix that we're actually willing to pay them money to play the DQ5 Remake.

I don't think there is any recognized way for DS owners to tell Squenix that we want to try Slime Mori Mori.

Squenix of America needs to take a cue from Enix of America 1&2, and do their freaking job in bringing games over, and they need to tell us that they're willing to do their freaking job when at all possible, and Squenix of Japan needs to not do like Enix of Japan, and not fire their "of America" subordinates for doing their freaking job is a country that doesn't happen to be Japan.

Ark-AMN

Banned
Thats true about Squenix America. Perhaps there's a way to convice Nintendo to localize it then (since NOA's localization team appears to be very good as people are commenting highly about their job with Mario & Luigi 2) over here, like they did with that awful Sword of Mana.

The DS needs RPG's, action or otherwise, I can't imagine why they wouldn't want to bring the game over since its got a brand name behind it and depending on how it turns out, could be a very good game on top of all things.

And who in their right minds could resist playing as a Slime? :D

EDIT: Damn, Imageshack got cheap with bandwidth and removed the pics. I guess GAF really does kill servers :D

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
ruby_onix said:
DQ8 "selling well" is the absurd requirement for PS2 owners to tell Squenix that we're actually willing to pay them money to play the DQ5 Remake.

I don't think there is any recognized way for DS owners to tell Squenix that we want to try Slime Mori Mori.

Squenix of America needs to take a cue from Enix of America 1&2, and do their freaking job in bringing games over, and they need to tell us that they're willing to do their freaking job when at all possible, and Squenix of Japan needs to not do like Enix of Japan, and not fire their "of America" subordinates for doing their freaking job is a country that doesn't happen to be Japan.
if I were Square Enix I would remake DQ1-6(except 5) for GBA or DS or PSP I don't care, and bring the DQ5r to PS2.

Top Bottom