• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest X announced for Windows PCs (Benchmark and Beta signups available now)

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Man, so many posters still falling in Anihawk's trap. :lol

Polymath

Neo Member
Not familiar with the series. Downloaded the benchmark and was not really impressed.
However i don't think it's meant to be graphically satisfying.

Anyways.
Score: 15096

Aeana

Finished offline mode, I can't believe how much better it looks and runs. I'll have to wait until a little later to reactivate my VPN to go online, but I'm not in a hurry since I know what to expect. I think this will finally be the push I need to go back to the game for a while, once the PC version is released.

Lasdrub

So there's a benchmark test and an installer. I'm downloading both. I tried to run the benchmark, but it closes before doing anything. The installer is the offline version?

Edit: NVM, the benchmark test installed correctly this time.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Finished offline mode, I can't believe how much better it looks and runs. I'll have to wait until a little later to reactivate my VPN to go online, but I'm not in a hurry since I know what to expect. I think this will finally be the push I need to go back to the game for a while, once the PC version is released.

Are they still IP blocking? Can't go online without a JP IP?

ari

Banned
The nintendo brand is finally over. Maybe next decade!

It's over, period. nintendo lost their last ace, and that's the end of their wii u hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for wii u. nintendo has nothing left, nothing they have can fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for anyone, hardcore or casual, to substantially invest in a wii u. Except if they want to play bayonetta 2. Which will also come to xbox one at some point.

Microsoft took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a wii u over an xbox one (except TVII LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was wii u.

There may be some hardcore gamers that stick around. Some did it for ps3 too. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

The age of nintendo is done.
This is dramatic as fuck. Lol...But I have to agree, they need to bow out of the console race and exclusively manufacture for the handheld market. That Wii hardware should be use for a new gameboy and continue these console games on that.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion

Well, I guess I can either get a VPN going, or I can just wait to play when I move. Any indication how long the beta is going to be going on? I haven't taken a gander at the play guide yet.

It's over, period. nintendo lost their last ace, and that's the end of their wii u hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for wii u. nintendo has nothing left, nothing they have can fix the hole now created. There is no reason left for anyone, hardcore or casual, to substantially invest in a wii u. Except if they want to play bayonetta 2. Which will also come to xbox one at some point.

Microsoft took the last reason away that anyone would NEED to own a wii u over an xbox one (except TVII LOL GAMING), and the cavalcade of tiny titles that will be nice but won't stir up any sales is not going to salvage the bloated, overdesigned behemoth that was wii u.

There may be some hardcore gamers that stick around. Some did it for ps3 too. But the last bell tolled. Maybe next decade.

Holy shit.

2+2=5

The Amiga Brotherhood
Imo this is a megaton, i'm really surprised to see the lack hysteria about this.
Recent dq games were nintendo exclusives, this probably ends that era.

Imo this is a megaton, i'm really surprised to see the lack hysteria about this.
Recent dq games were nintendo exclusives, this probably ends that era.

DQXI is going to be on 3DS regardless. I guess this just opens the door for DQX to be on ps4.

Haunted

Haha what a cute benchmark!

Game really looks like shit technically, though. Shit textures, shit models, shit environments, shit attempt at faking DoF. Pretty disgusting all around.

Meelow

Banned
Holy shit.

The comment was a joke, someone (I won't say who), said it months ago and the guy quoted it because some people were shocked and doomed Nintendo because DQX is coming to PC (It would of happened eventually since it's a Square MMO, it would of happened even if the Wii/WiiU versions sold 10 million).

Aeana

Haha what a cute benchmark!

Game really looks like shit technically, though. Shit textures, shit models, shit environments, shit attempt at faking DoF. Pretty disgusting all around.

Did you turn the settings up to high? There's a big difference between medium and high, particularly when it comes to DoF.

But uh... it IS a Wii game first and foremost.

Aeana

It's not playable on a softmodded Wii?

It's been on mobiles and smartphones since then. Now also PC.

If you meant exclusive for dedicated game systems, then yes it has been. And still is.

Only if you actually use the homebrew program that converts your Wii to Japanese. It does NOT work unless your Wii is Japanese, and you can't pay for the monthly fee unless you can access the Japanese Shop Channel. I did a wholesale conversion of my NA Wii to JP to play it when it launched.

Oregano

DQXI is going to be on 3DS regardless. I guess this just opens the door for DQX to be on ps4.

Not really. A PC release for an MMO is a no brainer especially considering it shares servers with the Wii/Wii U versions which a theoretical PS4 version probably wouldn't be able to(because I very much doubt Nintendo would allow it).

Ysiadmihi

Banned
Not really. A PC release for an MMO is a no brainer especially considering it shares servers with the Wii/Wii U versions which a theoretical PS4 version probably wouldn't be able to(because I very much doubt Nintendo would allow it).

They're not Microsoft.

Zen

Banned
I wasn't aware of the original idiocy from the keyboard of amir0x but come on guys whether you knew about it or not its pretty obvious that's not a legit post from anihawk.
Nope he defends it all the time and laments people giving him shit over it.

D

Deleted member 17706

Unconfirmed Member
Only booted up the benchmark, but man, the visuals look really bad. I thought they would have upgraded the texture resolution with the Wii U version. This looks worse than DQ8 running in an emulator.

Not even gonna bother with signing up for the beta test since I don't want to have to deal with Japanese VPNs to be allowed to play.

Erdrick

Wow... At least this gives me more hope that the game will come out in English now. I rarely ever buy any PC games, but I will buy this if it is the only option. I barely ever use my Wii and don't have a Wii U so I'm curious how this will work out for us outside of Japan.

Slightly more hopeful for a NA release now.

Lasdrub

I can't figure out how to play the offline mode. I imagine it's in the program that is 1GB. I open the program, it gives me a message that has something to do with 3GB, then it opens a box that only lets me choose one option and closes.

Aeana

I can't figure out how to play the offline mode. I imagine it's in the program that is 1GB. I open the program, it gives me a message that has something to do with 3GB, then it opens a box that only lets me choose one option and closes.

It has to patch. But I don't know what options you're talking about. If you provide screenshots I can help.
I wonder, do you have 3GB of free space on your hard drive? Perhaps that's it.

It's been on mobiles and smartphones since then. Now also PC.

If you meant exclusive for dedicated game systems, then yes it has been. And still is.

I meant mainline DQ and major spin offs such as spin off from mainline games and Monsters. I don't mean slime appearances in other games or irrelevant crap like Itadaki. If it's just mainlines then it was exclusive to Nintendo since 2004.

AFAIK this is the first major DQ outside of a Nintendo console since that PS2 DQVIII spin off game.

Mario007

I really don't think Nintendo or Sony would allow cross platform play with each other consoles.
Sony already did with FFXI and FFXIV (and were ok with Valve's plans to cross platform play in CS until Valve rethought it) and MS did with FFXI.

Lasdrub

It has to patch. But I don't know what options you're talking about. If you provide screenshots I can help.
I wonder, do you have 3GB of free space on your hard drive? Perhaps that's it.

That makes a lot of sense. It must want to install on my main drive, which only has 1GB free. I'll make some room and try again. If I run into any trouble, I'll upload a screenshot. Thank you!

edit: That was it. Thanks again.

What the actual fuck are you smoking?

Cmagus

Offline mode is cool. If they brought this here I would drop Ffxiv in a heartbeat. Maybe when this is released I should look into a VPN.

Top Bottom