• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Quest XI Release date announcement stream happening on April 11 [over]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Velcro Fly

Currently watching the Cubs home opener so I may be up for a little while

Will probably end up hating myself if I stay up until 1:30am to see the release date reveal.

Famassu

oh god i wish i never heard of this

is nothing sacred left in this world.. getting to the point I just assume the worst of everyone and then hope I am surprised :(
You can still like Uematsu, Shimomura, Mitsuda, Okabe, Sakimoto, Hamauzu and lots of other of the Japanese greats.

Famassu

And find out later half of that are hidden ass hole.
I've met Uematsu and Hamauzu and seen enough of at least Shimomura to say that at least their public personas are really nice + haven't heard of any of them spreading any hateful/ignorant messages.

Jacobbles

There are always gonna be people making things you love that have different beliefs to you, that's how the world works. Big AAA games are made by teams of hundreds of people sometimes, not all of them are going to have the same views you do.

You just have to learn to live with it. Otherwise you'll never want to spend money on anything ever again, because somewhere along the line your money is going to go somewhere you don't like.

duckroll

And find out later half of that are hidden ass hole.

I don't care too much about anyone being an asshole. But someone using their influence and wealth to lobby against the recognition of war crimes and trying to revise history? Whole other level.

Ōkami

C9GvqHIV0AEsfQZ.jpg:large

Famassu

There are always gonna be people making things you love that have different beliefs to you, that's how the world works. Big AAA games are made by teams of hundreds of people sometimes, not all of them are going to have the same views you do.

You just have to learn to live with it. Otherwise you'll never want to spend money on anything ever again, because somewhere along the line your money is going to go somewhere you don't like.
I think there's a difference with some random person from hundreds having selfish rightwing views or even hateful views if they don't spread them too openly vs. more high profile, key personnel using their influence & money to spread hateful/ignorant. Even then, plenty of such "less important"people have been fired for their views if they come off as damaging the brand/company's inclusive image.

Like, some mechanic on a movie set might be a KKK member but I can't know that. On the other hand, if Spielberg started to suddenly sprout racist propaganda, yeah, that is something more noteworthy and worth raising more of a shitstorm for.

KrawlMan

A) theres some hype
B) no western release as of now
C) it is ultimately way more popular in japan compared to the west

Oh man... That thread is gonna be a bloodbath regardless of what the switch version ends up being.

Any reason we should be expecting the Switch version here? Hasn't happened yet, seems a bit random at this point .

Strings

I've met Uematsu and Hamauzu and seen enough of at least Shimomura to say that at least their public personas are really nice + haven't heard of any of them spreading any hateful/ignorant messages.

I can add that I've met Shimomura and she was randomly super jolly.

EDIT: Ace! July 30th!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom