• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Crown ships over 300k in Japan across PS3 and Vita

Endo Punk

Good news. Still can't believe their budget was only $1 million.

Or support NISA for bringing it over to Europe?

Yeah I'm just gonna wait until it drops in Europe. That's what I did with Demon's Souls too. Hopefully the art book comes as a standard to compensate for the delay.

Too put that n some perspective Dead Space 3 took a month (Global triple A release) 600k....

300k in 1 week is amazing for a Vanillaware game (or any for that matter)!

QP3

I think I have finally been sold on this one. Will pick it up sometime next week. From what I read, seems like a good developer to support too!

Maybe you should play it yourself and form your own opinion? =D

I think it's a fuckin great game

Never understood the hate Vanillaware games get. I thought Muramasa was fantastic. I mean its no 2D devil may cry but its a good modern rendition of game like Ninja Spirit and Shinobi. People claim that they like this games and want a return to them and when they do they are disappointed.

Sure but how much are your employees getting paid?

You could triple that $1 to 3 million figure and the point would still be there. There is no reason for this "games must cost at least $30 million" mentality.

Ravage

PS3/Vita dual release is working great for mid-range publishers.

121,000 PS3 units, but I don't know about Vita. It sold ~75k on Vita so using mathematics and the sell though I posted above, you can probably come up with a fairly decent guess. I'd do it myself but it's too early for maths.

Fuck it:

02./00. [PS3] Dragon's Crown <ACT> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 104.359 / NEW <94,73%>
03./00. [PSV] Dragon's Crown <ACT> (Atlus) {2013.07.25} (¥8.190) - 71.083 / NEW <83,38%>

That's easier to read than my meandering nonsense.

Those are fantastic sell-through numbers.

Top Bottom