• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
I don’t know how anyone can watch that video and think it’s real lol

That is some awful acting. I know dude plays a character but why would he stay in character for that statement? And he just so happens to bring up a conspiracy theorist?

Now KeemStar is hyping the idea he was dropping clues?

ultrazilla

Gold Member
RUMOR ONLY. THROW LOTS OF SALT.....

There's a "rumor"(which may have already been mentioned in this thread) that back when he left after he was having his marital problems(caught cheating) that he actually had another "encounter"
with another Streamer. It goes that Dr and Twitch tried to sweep *that* issue into the one he was already being pounced on for. Now this other streamer is said to be shortly coming
out with a lengthy "me too" story on Twitter(you know, because all this shit is tried in a court of public opinion, not law). His wife already knows about this "other" person and why
she's being supportive of him. He apparently had already made amends to his wife over this "incident" too.

There's also *rumored* to be audio tapes and video of the alleged incident or parts of it. This is why Twitch is scrubbing him from existence. AGAIN, GRAIN OF SALT, RUMOR ONLY.

Yoda

There's a "rumor"(which may have already been mentioned in this thread) that back when he left after he was having his marital problems(caught cheating) that he actually had another "encounter"
with another Streamer. It goes that Dr and Twitch tried to sweep *that* issue into the one he was already being pounced on for. Now this other streamer is said to be shortly coming
out with a lengthy "me too" story on Twitter(you know, because all this shit is tried in a court of public opinion, not law). His wife already knows about this "other" person and why
she's being supportive of him. He apparently had already made amends to his wife over this "incident" too.

There's also *rumored* to be audio tapes and video of the alleged incident or parts of it. This is why Twitch is scrubbing him from existence. AGAIN, GRAIN OF SALT, RUMOR ONLY.

How does Twitch know in advance? Did they know awhile back and turn a blind eye? If so, whoever made that call at Twitch is certainly going to have to answer to the twitter mob.

whitesugar

Banned

seems unlikely. there have been plenty of accusations over the last fortnight, and none have elicited the reaction and lengths that Twitch has gone to for Dr Disrespect. the only way it could be true is if the police have charged him, but that is not something he would have found out on stream as seems to have been the case on the clip posted earlier in the thread.

Rikoi

So? what would the issue be? Why would he be banned while the other streamer is free to put up a story on twitter and get away with it? No ban for her? Or the ban is because he cheated his wife? Why would twitch care about a private matter?

Dibils2k

I don’t know how anyone can watch that video and think it’s real lol

That is some awful acting. I know dude plays a character but why would he stay in character for that statement? And he just so happens to bring up a conspiracy theorist?

Now KeemStar is hyping the idea he was dropping clues?
the fact you watch or read keemstar throws your judgment/intelligence into huge question

he is banned, simple as that, they wouldnt refund subs if it was a marketing thing (what do people even thing this helps with?)

IntentionalPun

the fact you watch or read keemstar throws your judgment/intelligence into huge question

he is banned, simple as that, they wouldnt refund subs if it was a marketing thing (what do people even thing this helps with?)

I don't watch or read Keemstar, he's a sociopath twat. It was brought up in the Reee thread.

And I'm not suggesting Twitch is in on some marketing thing either.

0 for 2 bud, your judgement/intelligence should be called into question.

Last edited:
Timecoded from where he starts to look concerned:

I've watched a lot of Doc... A LOT of Doc... This seems normal to me. IMO He's just mocking roblox here. He does stuff like this every once in a while. It seems like part of his normal act. Reason I think that is because he always talks about how depressing the state of gaming is. That there really isn't anything out there that interests him. And he'll bring kiddy games up as an example of stuff that's really popular but not interesting to him. And he is ALWAYS checking his text messages lol. He's like a teen that can't put the phone down sometimes.

Odinnii

Baseless Theory: Mixer is dead and no longer a threat. Ninja and shroud are probably coming back to Twitch which now wants to get out of what ever overpriced contract they had with Doc, so they find an excuse to ban him. Dun dun duuun.

Twitch is giving refunds to people who subscribed to his channel. Also one guy on twitter said he knows what's up and that 'its serious'.

This is exactly how a long scam or long form storytelling works. If it was something super juicy or insidious, there’s no way all the clout chasers online could sit on the info. There’s no such thing as journalistic integrity in the twittersphere, and these clowns would be climbing over each other to be the one who pulled back the curtain.

Night.Ninja

Banned
I've watched a lot of Doc... A LOT of Doc... This seems normal to me. IMO He's just mocking roblox here. He does stuff like this every once in a while. It seems like part of his normal act. Reason I think that is because he always talks about how depressing the state of gaming is. That there really isn't anything out there that interests him. And he'll bring kiddy games up as an example of stuff that's really popular but not interesting to him. And he is ALWAYS checking his text messages lol. He's like a teen that can't put the phone down sometimes.

Yeah but the whole body language does look suspect

Baseless Theory: Mixer is dead and no longer a threat. Ninja and shroud are probably coming back to Twitch which now wants to get out of what ever overpriced contract they had with Doc, so they find an excuse to ban him. Dun dun duuun.
How does that make sense unless the contract was literally losing them money?

W

Whataborman

Unconfirmed Member
If it was something super juicy or insidious, there’s no way all the clout chasers online could sit on the info.

You could say the same thing if it were a publicity stunt too... there would definitely be people in the know, and the chances of all of them keeping quiet on twitter are next to zero.

You could say the same thing if it were a publicity stunt too... there would definitely be people in the know, and the chances of all of them keeping quiet on twitter are next to zero.

true, but it depends on who’s in on it. Other streamers being in the know could very easily be incentivized by Twitch to be a part of it.

We’ll see in due time, of course, but there very little convincing in that final 8 minutes and very much in character for him. I’m hoping it all ends up in a fun story for fans of Doc, tbh. It’s easy to see what you want from it though.

Texas Pride

Banned
While all of this chaos and calamity is going on within our world, the elite are pulling the strings and pretending to have our backs. Follow the money. Know who controls Apps and their algorithms. Know who controls the news that you get your information from. Step back and assess a situation before riding the wave of hype. Be righteous. This is a crazy year

People should question everything. But too often people don't because it distresses them that reality might not be what they think it is. People want to feel safe and comfortable they need an anchor so they don't become unmoored and adrift.

Odinnii

How does that make sense unless the contract was literally losing them money?
Well as far as I'm aware, we don't really know the numbers but Doc did allude to his contract being worth more than what the people who left were getting. So he must have been getting somewhere in the eight figures annually?? Now I honestly don't know the economics of the site but I doubt Twitch was making their money back on that deal. The value for Twitch in that was in that he wasn't streaming else where and with the death of Mixer that became moot.

IntentionalPun

Well as far as I'm aware, we don't really know the numbers but Doc did allude to his contract being worth more than what the people who left were getting. So he must have been getting somewhere in the eight figures annually?? Now I honestly don't know the economics of the site but I doubt Twitch was making their money back on that deal. The value for Twitch in that was in that he wasn't streaming else where and with the death of Mixer that became moot.
This is a dumb theory and you should feel bad.

TriSuit666

Banned

Mentioned on Reddit a few times already this one.

Rikoi

I was in two minds whether to post this or not as it’s still unconfirmed. Not sure what the rules are here for speculation but this is likely to circulate anyway. Happy to remove if needed. Nasty shit if true. Found on Twitter.
Looks totally fake, you can see how the guy posting hates him so much and is spreading false words just because he hates him. All people who say "fuck" "shit" in their posts multiple times act the same.

Last edited:

Flintty

Looks totally fake, you can see how the guy posting hates him so much and is spreading false words just because he hates him. All people who say "fuck" "shit" in their posts multiple times act the same.
I hope so. Can you remove the pic from your quote please? ❤️

Flintty

It's bullshit that gets more and more embellished the more people spread it around.
Yeah. I regret posting it and won’t be putting anything else up regarding rumours. It feels shitty. If it is something like that, justice will take its course without me talking about it.

Truth finally comes out, from the man himself.

Z6By9zN.png

recursive

This isn't a contradiction at all.
These are women with their own autonomy doing what they want.
Most of these people just want sex work and women having fun with their sexuality to not be considered offensive and to be more respected.
And in my experience at least most artists and people who do sex work and are otherwise very sexually open are normally very progressive and left leaning.
I remember when the BLM protests started and anti BLM right wingers were getting mad because a shit ton of artists who do lewd art were all like '' if you're a right winger or don't support BLM, unfollow me ''.
I mean the way that you're referring to them is very disrespectful and the kind of stuff that a lot of progressives are fighting against so you're kinda disproving your own point in a way by your own actions.
The attitude is more that sex is fun and shouldn't be so taboo and that it's no reason to disrespect people.

There are left wingers who are prudes or left wingers who are pro sex work but then hate on sexualized art.
This whole narrative about how '' the left '' hates it and '' the right '' loves it is fucking bullshit and extremely oversimplified, it's basically just people looking at what shitheads like Sarkeesian say and then going '' this is what left wingers think ''.
But Twitch is clearly not leaning into the prudish side.
I think that people severely overestimate how '' woke '' Twitch is too, they don't actually do shit. It's like with this Twitch council people were losing their minds over for example it was all virtue signaling and nothing has actually happened. All Twitch cares about is money and this stuff is just part of branding and marketing.

When companies were coming out in support of BLM people were all like '' okay brand '', people seem'd to understand or shallow it actually is.
But then when it doesn't fit the narrative the brands are suddenly super ultra woke for real.
You can't have it both ways, and the truth is that the '' okay brand '' side is correct. They don't care, it's all about trends and they have no morals.
Twitch is game streaming platform. What does sex have to do with it?

Yup, and sites like NeoGAF are a rare luxury in that we can come here and chat about whatever we like within reasonable decency, although we're branded Nazi's because of it. Fucking crazy.
Even neogaf has to play by some rules though, through threat of being made bankrupt by ad agencies. See: clown world

Dibils2k

I don't watch or read Keemstar, he's a sociopath twat. It was brought up in the Reee thread.

And I'm not suggesting Twitch is in on some marketing thing either.

0 for 2 bud, your judgement/intelligence should be called into question.

what else did you mean by "I don’t know how anyone can watch that video and think it’s real lol" if its not real then it must be "stunt"

Odinnii

This is a dumb theory and you should feel bad.
I did say its baseless but hell, good ol corporate greed seems more plausible to me than what being floated around. A tape of him assaulting someone? One that is so egregious and unquestionbly damning to the point that Twitch had no option but to nuke him of off their site?

Snakey125

Just an FYI:

I wouldn't put money on Keemstar saying he knows what happened. Majority of what comes out of that mouth is bullshit so that his name gets brought up.

I've had a lot of personal friends get harassed by him.

The value for Twitch in that was in that he wasn't streaming else where and with the death of Mixer that became moot.
I highly doubt it. Ninja and Shroud's viewer numbers dropping steadily ever since the switch and Mixer not signing any new streamers in ages pretty much proved that Microsofts little experiment was a failure. They may only have announced it this week, but you can bet that Microsoft, Twitch and everyone else in the industry knew months ago that Mixer was doomed.

On top of that, simply terminating his contract like that would probably require them to pay out the rest of the money he is owed, so it wouldn't even be cheaper than just letting it run out and then not extending it. They could get around this by fabricating a reason (i.e. accusing him of having breached the terms of the contract when he has done nothing of the sort), but that would be insanely risky and could end up costing them exponentially more than they stand to gain.

Let's say for a second he really cheated on his wife. Why would something this personal affect his contract with Twitch? (Unless there is a story with violence, rape, etc.)

Top Bottom