• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

IntentionalPun

Ask me about my wife's perfect butthole
what else did you mean by "I don’t know how anyone can watch that video and think it’s real lol" if its not real then it must be "stunt"

A stunt from his end; he could be breaking contract or something and drawing attention to it with this shit. edit: Or it's a "stunt" in the sense that he knew this was coming, created a fake "ending" that brings up a conspiracy theorist.. because he wants his fans thinking about conspiracy theories.. "think for yourselves, don't believe what you hear" type shit.

If that’s him legit reacting to some serious news that dude is really far gone with his character shtick. It being hard for me to believe warrants you insulting my intelligence why now?

Last edited:
" I know so much, but can't tell you!" Just
CzUS2AN.jpg

Odinnii

I highly doubt it. Ninja and Shroud's viewer numbers dropping steadily ever since the switch and Mixer not signing any new streamers in ages pretty much proved that Microsofts little experiment was a failure. They may only have announced it this week, but you can bet that Microsoft, Twitch and everyone else in the industry knew months ago that Mixer was doomed.

On top of that, simply terminating his contract like that would probably require them to pay out the rest of the money he is owed, so it wouldn't even be cheaper than just letting it run out and then not extending it. They could get around this by fabricating a reason (i.e. accusing him of having breached the terms of the contract when he has done nothing of the sort), but that would be insanely risky and could end up costing them exponentially more than they stand to gain.
Yes Mixer seemed dead months ago, but that was after Doc got his contract. And I’m not saying that they did this completely out of the blue. I think whatever incident Doc is implicated in, Twitch is probably intentionally overreacting to it, to their own benefit.

Stuart360

He is probably merging with Ninja and shroud to form one gigantic godlike streaming entity. Like the blob from "Inside".
It would be great if true. I mean i can only really see 2 outcomes as to why Twitch would be trying to erase him from existence. One being he's done something illegal. The other being they found out he was leaving, or doing what you suggested, and they are salty over it.
Then add in his wifes statement, and GFuel removing him from advertizing, then readding him, it would certainly suggest nothing illegal.

J-Roderton

Seems he’s gone from the G Fuel site too. I can’t find him anywhere. Unless he already quit working with them before.

Last edited:

Chittagong

Gold Member
The only reason I can imagine a company would abruptly and permanently kill a cash cow like this with no explanation is that they have got a video or approach from the police that is

a) really bad AND
b) irrefutable

No allegation, witness account, chat transcript or audio recording would be enough. As we see with Angry Joe, there are lunatics out there. Even at this cancellation era, no company would do anything this severe for anything else than irrefutable, very bad things.

Andodalf

Banned
Dr is the WWE wrestler, or persona.
You are the fan, or “mark”, someone who knows it’s not real but enjoys it, or someone who actually believes it.
You think this is a “shoot”, an unscripted event outside of the “show”
This isn’t a show, it’s “work”, aka scripted.

And Doc is letting everyone work themselves into a shoot

Last edited:

Yoda

Does anyone know if Discord partnerships (I personally didn't know about these until last night) are tied to Twitch partnerships? Read this factoid on his subreddit and if that's true, Discord didn't "remove" his partnership, it simply was nuked when Twitch nuked him. That'd put this back in the realm of only being cancelled on Twitch.

SushiReese

They removed him from the cringe streamer toys websites too. You could see his toys at the background, but his toy is removed from websites.
GUEST_f45e2901-eebb-4381-b450-6f837dbb7de0

EbiOJoeX0AIZWGc

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
All joking aside, I would be stunned if this is a typical "not woke enough" or "wrongthink" ban. This "everyone getting rid of him" seems so over the top for that, and if it was, those type of bans are usually done publicly so the company can signal how virtuous they are for banning someone for wrongthink. I have to think that this is a serious legal matter one way or another. One the company has privy to before the public does. I don't think the company would go this far over a mere allegation either. Temporarily banning someone and releasing a statement is usually step 1 in allegations. A total scrub is usually the final step once whatever the person did is proven beyond all doubts.

Top Bottom