• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Woo-Fu

Banned
what reason would've have for buying out his contract? it would literally be paying money in order to not make money.
Opportunity cost, duh. Perhaps he has a better offer that will mean more money, including whatever it costs to buy his contract out.

INC

calls other people retarded.

resorts to calling them racist and retarded simply for not having the same opinion or letting CNN brainwash them into believing half the population is racist.

Yeh, bit of a bitch move, if it helps I'd chat shit about any side, either it's all allowed, or nothing at all.

I have no horse in this, just poking with a stick, and seeing what will happen. Time to grow up........

CatLady

Selfishly plays on Xbox Purr-ies X
Public pressure should've prompted a response. I don't care if it's their platform or not. He drove a lot of traffic Twitches way and they owe those people an explanation. Now they just look like unprofessional amateurs.

That's actually a legitimate point and it's very disrespectful of Twitch not to explain to their users what the hell is going on. It makes me think there could be serious legal ramifications if they talk about it.

Barakov

Wow it's Tuesday evening and we still don't know what the fuck happened here.

How is this the best kept public secret?
Major legal shit, I suspect. Given that Doc's sponsors dropped him and undropped him, I'm guessing somebody on Twitch's side fucked up majorly and Twitch had to permaban to hide their fuck up. Threat of legal action is a good way to get people to shut up about something.

Last edited:

AGRacing

It makes me think there could be serious legal ramifications if they talk about it.

Yeah. Probably because they could be sued for defamation if they don't have ....... THE RECEIPTS!

bOEKhCT.gif

Best case scenario - This was a major flub up on Twitches part and they get torn to shreds by Docs legal team for defamation. They owe Doc more than Amazon is willing to pay so they just sign over Twitch to him. Champions club takes over Twitch. Donald Trump is unsuspended. SJW's melt into a puddle and flee to another platform. Twitch, now free of it's worst disease then expands to take over the internet as the biggest streaming platform. Trump goes on to host his campaign on Twitch as usual. Trump wins the election. Trump praises Twitch and gives Doc the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Doc proudly displays it in his already bursting to the brim case full of medals and trophies. The world starts swinging back towards sanity and away from the left. Love and sanity wins the day.

seCiZ3U.png

Barakov

Best case scenario - This was a major flub up on Twitches part and they get torn to shreds by Docs legal team for defamation. They owe Doc more than Amazon is willing to pay so they just sign over Twitch to him. Champions club takes over Twitch. Donald Trump is unsuspended. SJW's melt into a puddle and flee to another platform. Twitch, now free of it's worst disease then expands to take over the internet as the biggest streaming platform. Trump goes on to host his campaign on Twitch as usual. Trump wins the election. Trump praises Twitch and gives Doc the Presidential Medal of Freedom. Doc proudly displays it in his already bursting to the brim case full of medals and trophies. The world starts swinging back towards sanity and away from the left. Love and sanity wins the day.

seCiZ3U.png

QIbOgsX.gif

cormack12

Gold Member
Is he actually good at games? Are any of these streamers like Ninja? Do they have like 6:1 KDRs? Or is it just the attitude of thinking they are good?

Flintty

Is he actually good at games? Are any of these streamers like Ninja? Do they have like 6:1 KDRs? Or is it just the attitude of thinking they are good?

He’s decent. He has some really good moments. And when he’s bad he blames the audio or game mechanics. He’s fun to watch, even for someone like me who usually hates streamers (Id rather play than watch).

Nydus

seCiZ3U.png
You know people are dramastarved if they have to rely on fanfic :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Best case scenario - This was a major flub up on Twitches part and they get torn to shreds by Docs legal team for defamation.
Defamation(sometimes known as calumny, vilification, libel, slander or traducement) is the oral or written communication of a false statement about another that unjustly harms their reputation and usually constitutes a tort or crime.

Did they say something (negative) about him?

Last edited:

MiguelItUp

How can anyone hate this man????
Honestly, no kidding. I'd tune in periodically. But, I mean, even if you're not into the guy's content, you have to respect what work and effort he put into it.

Nothing against a lot of "big" streamers, but a lot of them just have an intro, outro, and brb screen. This guy has a whole lot more. He gives it a whole other layer of entertainment that I don't think a lot of streamers do at all.

Last edited:

FacelessSamurai

..but cry so much I wish I had some
Honestly, no kidding. I'd tune in periodically. But, I mean, even if you're not into the guy's content, you have to respect what work and effort put into it.

Nothing against a lot of "big" streamers, but a lot of them just have an intro, outro, and brb screen. This guy has a whole lot more. He gives it a whole other layer of entertainment that I don't think a lot of streamers do at all.
He was the reason I tuned in to Twitch, really don’t know what I’ll be watching now. The production values of his stream were insane, you watch him for more than just the gaming part, it’s one big show. The guy literally changed my perception of what a streamer should be.

Flintty

He was the reason I tuned in to Twitch, really don’t know what I’ll be watching now. The production values of his stream were insane, you watch him for more than just the gaming part, it’s one big show. The guy literally changed my perception of what a streamer should be.

Yeah I’d often watch the intro and half hour of chatter then 10 mins of gaming then done. Always interested to see what he had to say and how he’d say it.

Hari Seldon

Yeah I have no interest in using twitch for anything other than Dr Disrespect. He was actually entertaining, I don't really give a shit about watching a bunch of non-entertaining nerds play video games.

Top Bottom