• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

DrDisrespect permanently banned from Twitch [Now Streaming on YouTube]

Seeing how multiple organizations seemed to drop him like a piece of hot coal instantly at the same time it seemed like something people saw coming and were prepared for.

Now that a few of them revert the changes I lost all hope to develop a coherent theory. Looking forward to finding out what's actually happening.
Most probable thing still seems to be that he was working out a deal with another platform, twitch got wind of it and informed the partners? What could have provoked such a hefty response initially but still be revertible within 24h?

Fret Runner

I'm guessing he put a Roblox video on because he knew the cops were coming and didn't wanna risk playing something with gun shots an shit.

Pretty weird ending though. It's like one of those Videos you see on those Youtube "unsolved mysteries" vids which is follwed by "and he was never seen again" lol

akozi3uyhb751.jpg

Don't know if real but apparently he deleted it shortly after. Several different posters saying that they saw the tweet before it was deleted.

His body language says it's something bad. Like federal pound you in the ass prison bad.

I still think this is some dumb crap and he'll announce being on Facebook gaming on Monday or something, but weirdly, you can hear "Let's go hands up," or something at ~8:05, if you crank the volume to max and your ears can handle that pain, after what sounds like glass breaking.

Still think this is all a publicity hype for a move to a new platform.

Last edited:

ManaByte

Gold Member
I still think this is some dumb crap and he'll announce being on Facebook gaming on Monday or something, but weirdly, you can hear "Let's go hands up," or something at ~8:05, if you crank the volume to max and your ears can handle that pain, after what sounds like glass breaking.

The glass breaking was a sound effect from the dumb game he was playing the video of. But you do hear hands up.

I saw this to and heard it by cranking my volume, However further research shows it from what he was watching. if you watch the roblox video just after the 2:50 mark you can hear the "lets go hands up" is still there

Barakov

Gold Member
I see we're still in the "Source : My Ass" stage. Seeing this all unfold has been fascinating. This is what being bored on a Saturday will do to people.

Collin

Banned
i’ve been aware of this guy but never really watched him. i also don’t watch twitch a lot. is it somewhat common to be permabanned from there?

Banned
This is from 4chan so its probably bullshit, but posting in case it's relevant.
yDzV6Qr.png

this, or something along these lines would make the most sense IMO, if he got metoo'd whoever it was that was behind it would already be on twitter clout chasing.

this seems like either some breach of his twitch contract, he got signed by them not too long ago with a trailer and everything.
or something like tax evasion

Stuart360

Hope this Spotify rumour is the truth. I'd obviously hate it to be anything abuse related, and i'd also hate to see him stream on Facebook lol. If true i hope Spotifys new streaming service is laid out like Mixer and Twitch, so used to that layout now.

Banned
Only thing i don't understand is what did they mean by under google

maybe spotify will partner with Youtube Gaming to split it off to be its own thing. youtube gaming is a nightmare to navigate, and Spotify might have a platform in development with great concepts and a great interface but lacks the talent to jumpstart it.
if all the people that are currently youtube gaming parnters would be on this new platform at launch + Ninja, Doc and Shroud, it would be way more of a head turner than a brand new platform with noone on it

but that's just what came to mind when I read it

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Hope this Spotify rumour is the truth. I'd obviously hate it to be anything abuse related, and i'd also hate to see him stream on Facebook lol. If true i hope Spotifys new streaming service is laid out like Mixer and Twitch, so used to that layout now.
If it was abuse related I think this would be all over Twitter at this point. The clout chasers and the sock pupptets love this stuff. IF that 4chan rumor is true then the fact that this is on the down low makes a lot of sense. The fact that his subs getting refunded, his sponsors dropping him instantly leads a lot of credence to this. Also this talk about poaching other streamers and the way people are talking about this sounds some major lawyer shit is involved.

I guess we'll know on Monday.

BluRayHiDef

Banned
This is from 4chan so its probably bullshit, but posting in case it's relevant.
yDzV6Qr.png
This sounds a bit unbelievable, because Doc recently signed a contract with Twitch, which I'm assuming requires him to stream exclusively with Twitch and would subject him to lawsuits if he were to stream or agree to stream elsewhere.

I don't see why he'd take the risk considering the civil penalties he'd face, unless Spitify offered him multiple times more money than Twitch. However, even if Spotify could offer him more money, Spotify would know that Twitch would sue them for attempting to acquire their talent.

None of this makes sense, because there are too many potential civil penalties for everyone involved.

Banned
This sounds a bit unbelievable, because Doc recently signed a contract with Twitch, which I'm assuming requires him to stream exclusively with Twitch and would subject him to lawsuits if he were to stream or agree to stream elsewhere.

I don't see why he'd take the risk considering the civil penalties he'd face, unless Spitify offered him multiple times more money than Twitch. However, even if Spotify could offer him more money, Spotify would know that Twitch would sue them for attempting to acquire their talent.

None of this makes sense, because there are too many potential civil penalties for everyone involved.

we don't know the specifics of these twitch contracts. maybe he thought he found some sort of loophole but twitch is now fighting against this?

also, he might just be ok with paying whatever the breach of his contract would cost him because he thinks he's getting all of it back soon enough?

Top Bottom