• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream Daddy Simulator arriving in PS4, double standards, anyone? [Super Seducer 2 comparison.]

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Today on Twitter, Sony Playstation is showcasing and advertizing Dream Daddy Simulator, a game that (from what I read, this is a game that focuses on M/M relationships for those that prefer older males companions) which is good, and nice.

More niche games that serve a niche audience should be welcomed in every game platform, and it also says that it features some deleted scenes from the original, which will be added to the original 2017 PC version for free for buyers of the original and some more minigames.

I think one scene that was deleted was this.

And I welcome this move, not the target audience for it, but if someone wishes to get this game, all the power to him.

What I am calling out here, is Sony's double standards.

The allow and promote a game to their page, while a similar game, Super Seducer 2 who is an innocuous 'self-help' guide to pick-up girls, is banned and removed from their platform, for reasons which Sony has not been clear yet.

Both games are innocuous and do not showcase explicit material and the 'sex scenes' in them are implied and darked-off, so both of them are tame, in comparison to one another.

So, Sony by promoting one game and banning another, leaves herself vulnerable to 'attacks' such as mine, calling them on their double standards, hypocrisy and possibly, left-leaning bias.

I know I said it before, but if Sony wishes to cater to a specific demographic of people for their game console, and, apparently I am not their target audience, I don't feel any more need to support a company that moved past me.

Your thoughts? Anyone with more insight on both games can help clarify if I was too wrong or judgemental on both of them?

Are they actually similar though? Dream Daddy is just your standard dating sim while Super Seducer is more about "how to pick up chicks".

I mean I'm in the camp that Super Seducer is pretty damn creepy but I don't see why Sony should block it.

Conan-san

B0RMQok.png

LegendOfKage

Gold Member
Depends on the reasoning. They do seem like fairly different games. If Sony didn't want to sell Super Seducer because you're encouraged to be untruthful at times, it's not a double standard. I think it's still stupid and arbitrary considering everything Sony does allow on their platform, but it doesn't necessarily seem hypocritical.

Last edited:

kunonabi

It's the same double standard that's been around for awhile. Appealing to heterosexual inclinations,particularly male, is toxic and damaging but homoerotic stuff is empowering and progressive. I am not at all surprised by this.

Everybody should be allowed to have their cheesecake without being shamed for it.

A.Romero

Not the same so not exactly a double standard in my opinion, however it's bullshit that Super Seducer was banned because of the topic. I played it for a bit and it's not a good game but it's not teaching predatory practices either.

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Depends on the reasoning. They do seem like fairly different games. If Sony didn't want to sell Super Seducer because you're encouraged to be untruthful at times, it's not a double standard. I think it's still stupid and arbitrary considering everything Sony does allow on their platform, but it doesn't necessarily seem hypocritical.

That's the point, we do not know why Super Seducer was banned from their storepage, we can only speculate it was because of the reasoning gaming outlets decried it for...unjustly in my opinion.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Dan wanted it on the list but abby kept pushing for gay dad dating sim and it ended up winning over Yakuza.
I haven't play the dating sim and I probably won't since it's not my kind of game, so I can't say if it deserves it more than Yakuza 0, but the latter is one of the best games I've played all gen.

HotPocket69

Banned
I haven't play the dating sim and I probably won't since it's not my kind of game, so I can't say if it deserves it more than Yakuza 0, but the latter is one of the best games I've played all gen.

Me too

Check out Fist of the North Star if you get a chance. So damn good.

Super Seducer is a terrible and fucking stupid, this looks absolutely awful and braindead as well. I miss the days when piece of shit media would just be brushed aside instead of being turned into a talking point.

JimboJones

But when are they bringing Shower With Your Dad Simulator 2015: Do You Still Shower With Your Dad, that's what I want to know!

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Super Seducer is a terrible and fucking stupid, this looks absolutely awful and braindead as well. I miss the days when piece of shit media would just be brushed aside instead of being turned into a talking point.
I don't know man, some of the scenes in SS legitimately cracked me up. The one regarding Steam IDs was hilarious.

InterMusketeer

Gold Member
They're pretty different games. Super Seducer is presented as being actual training/self-help for picking up girls. Dream Daddy is just a dating sim game. There've been dozens of those on PlayStation console (In Japan at least) aimed at straight men (and women).

I don't think there's a double standard here, but it is obvious Sony wants to promote certain kinds of content, and suppress other types as much as possible.

jadedm17

Super seducer is trash that suggests spoiling the end of a book a girl is reading is a good pickup idea.

No OP.

MayauMiao

Very fun AND cohesive?

The fact that that got on GiantBombs top ten games of the year while shafting games like Persona 5, Yakuza 0 and Horizon....:messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting::messenger_pouting:

That's why I don't visit Giantbomb anymore. They have becoming more political than a site about games.

See how they ignored Kingdom Come.

Fbh

Ok, but except for big broad comparisons the games aren't very much alike.

Also just a reminder that this is a game you can currently buy on PS4:

HotPocket69

Banned
That's why I don't visit Giantbomb anymore. They have becoming more political than a site about games.

See how they ignored Kingdom Come.

Gerstmann just knows how to play the game since he’s been around long enough and probably doesn’t want to lose his job again.

The problem is their recent turn into a safer, more politically correct site that avoids hurting feelings or challenging opinions has alienated the fan base that arguably helped him grow that site to begin with.

Pallas

Ok, but except for big broad comparisons the games aren't very much alike.

Also just a reminder that this is a game you can currently buy on PS4:

Which makes this even more confusing for games like Seducer and even OMZ. Clearly that game sexualizes women, some appearing to be very young as well.

Didn’t someone tweet about a certain policy shift or ideaology change at Sony?

Fuz

Banned
Are they actually similar though? Dream Daddy is just your standard dating sim while Super Seducer is more about "how to pick up chicks".

I mean I'm in the camp that Super Seducer is pretty damn creepy but I don't see why Sony should block it.
^
This.

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
I like the game tho!
let me put my review down below.

It's like... you know like... just like... well you know like... FUN.
I miss giant bomb xD

Last edited:

Mercer_CAR

Banned
Today on Twitter, Sony Playstation is showcasing and advertizing Dream Daddy Simulator, a game that (from what I read, this is a game that focuses on M/M relationships for those that prefer older males companions) which is good, and nice.

The allow and promote a game to their page, while a similar game, Super Seducer 2 who is an innocuous 'self-help' guide to pick-up girls, is banned and removed from their platform, for reasons which Sony has not been clear yet.

The reason is clear, globohomo is a great signaling tool. Its the same reason all these international corporations who are supposedly oppressive and vehicles of the powerful 1% who seek to subjugate minority peoples change their logos to the rainbow flag any chance they get. Its to prevent backlash from a very well funded, internationally supported, corporate shill tiny minority.....

Spukc

always chasing the next thrill
Like Cuphead fun or what?
aye

The reason is clear, globohomo is a great signaling tool. Its the same reason all these international corporations who are supposedly oppressive and vehicles of the powerful 1% who seek to subjugate minority peoples change their logos to the rainbow flag any chance they get. Its to prevent backlash from a very well funded, internationally supported, corporate shill tiny minority.....

hmmm ?

Last edited:
"Nier bad....android butt trigger me....Nier has my soggy knees....bad people like Nier" - Abby

"Dream Daddy is very very good. I fap to gay men" - also Abby

Giant Bomb GOTY 2017 in a nutshell

Fuck Giant Bomb

brap

Banned
"Nier bad....android butt trigger me....Nier has my soggy knees....bad people like Nier" - Abby

"Dream Daddy is very very good. I fap to gay men" - also Abby

Giant Bomb GOTY 2017 in a nutshell

Fuck Giant Bomb
Nier is a horny game... YOU HAVE TO LOOK UP HER SKIRT TO BE THE GAME SO GROSS
*gets wet over fat naked middle aged men*

LordPezix

Hey whatever floats your boat. I never understood why people play Sims but as long as I can still have my badass machofest games I don't see a problem with this.

Might not be my cup of tea but that's no reason to down shoot a game. Besides it looks fairly well developed too!

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
I hear it's a very very very good game.

Only if you have never played a visual novel before. It is quite low on the list of "good" VNs. The story and writing is subpar, the art is (at least to me), generic and tumblr-esque, and the romances are utterly forgettable. If you want a good homosexual VN, I would suggest you look at Dramatical Murder. For general romance, there are hundreds of fantastic titles such as Clannad or Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. Hell, Katawa Shoujo is a pretty great VN and it is completely free to play.

If I gave it a rating, it would be a 4 to 5 out of 10. It isn't bad, but it isn't memorable. There are hundreds available on both the PS4 and on other platforms that are far more worth your time and money.

Is depressing to think the kind of outrage that Leisure Suit Larry would get on the current climate if it were to make its debut today.

Here's hoping the reboot does well enough, I loved those games when I was in HS.

Top Bottom