• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dream Daddy Simulator arriving in PS4, double standards, anyone? [Super Seducer 2 comparison.]

brap

Banned
Only if you have never played a visual novel before. It is quite low on the list of "good" VNs. The story and writing is subpar, the art is (at least to me), generic and tumblr-esque, and the romances are utterly forgettable. If you want a good homosexual VN, I would suggest you look at Dramatical Murder. For general romance, there are hundreds of fantastic titles such as Clannad or Sharin no Kuni, Himawari no Shoujo. Hell, Katawa Shoujo is a pretty great VN and it is completely free to play.

If I gave it a rating, it would be a 4 to 5 out of 10. It isn't bad, but it isn't memorable. There are hundreds available on both the PS4 and on other platforms that are far more worth your time and money.
It's a reference to Abby from Giant Bomb during the GOTY discussions saying it was very good like a million times without giving any reasons why it was good.

I like their E3 reactions.

I like how Dan is the only one who ever enjoys himself.
Alex: The last season was like totes not good
Dan: I thought it was pretty alright
Alex: NO.

WaterAstro

I think Sony is just trying to avoid anything that could be considered sexual harassment in the slightest. If there's sexual harassment of gay men in this game, they'd pull it, but I don't know the contents, so I can't say.

Ar¢tos

GayStation-720x556.jpg
Where can I buy this???

Saicows

Neo Member
I think Sony is just trying to avoid anything that could be considered sexual harassment in the slightest. If there's sexual harassment of gay men in this game, they'd pull it, but I don't know the contents, so I can't say.

Nah... Gal Gun is available on PS4.

This has more to do with the SS being somewhat "teaching man how to get woman" and how sjw see this as a bad thing. To be honest, SS is terrible and there's 0 advice from him that would pick up any girl. It kinds of insult many woman who is "harassed" by man doing the same shitty pick-up lines. The fact that is an FMV end up being worse... all end up being too real... and even if MOST of the gamers won't try any shitty pickup line IRL, Sony probably don't want that bad rep.

I can see the reasons why. And i think it's ok that Sony won't allow on the store. It can't be double standards when you allow games like Gal Gun, Dead or Alive, Akiba's Trip, Senran kagura or even Persona.

Dream Daddy on the other hand, is a niche game for tumblr. AND IT'S VERY GOOD, VERY FUN, GAME OF THE YEAR... /s (2017, the death of GiantBomb)

Having watched lets plays of both games, they're entirely different. Not sure where OP is getting the comparison. One is a visual novel, the other is a trial and error FMV game.

TFGB

Where can I buy this???
You can't. It was auctioned off a few years ago in Sweden for an LGBT charity.

I was gutted as I found out too late that the auction had already taken place. It went for about $4000 US, and I would've gone to £5k GBP for it.

Last edited:

Shifty

One is a lighthearted dating sim, the other is a pickup guide. Sony's arbitrary nonsense is definitely nonsense, but this is a pretty weak thesis as far as calling them out on it.

You should probably play or otherwise consume the media you're commenting on before you build a manifesto around it, OP. Going straight in with "I don't know but can you tell me if my mental backflip assumptions are right" kind of says it all.

This is the game that Game Grumps made isnt it?
That is correct yes.

Last edited:

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Dan’s sense of normal is putting up a brave fight, but unfortunately you can see his soul slowly being sucked away bit by bit.

If he can muster the courage, he should run away as far as possible from this shitshow, start his own Patreon and produce his own content.

I loathe Patreons, but I’d make an exception for this one and contribute.

Thiagosc777

Ok, but except for big broad comparisons the games aren't very much alike.

Also just a reminder that this is a game you can currently buy on PS4:

For now. They seem to have recently changed their policies in regards to that type of content. Who knows how long you'll be able to play those games.

Valonquar

Indie games on console were a mistake. Almost always cross console so they aren't really adding to the library, and nearly always complete garbage.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
It's a reference to Abby from Giant Bomb during the GOTY discussions saying it was very good like a million times without giving any reasons why it was good.

Ah, okay. That completely went over my head. My B!

Nah... Gal Gun is available on PS4.

This has more to do with the SS being somewhat "teaching man how to get woman" and how sjw see this as a bad thing. To be honest, SS is terrible and there's 0 advice from him that would pick up any girl. It kinds of insult many woman who is "harassed" by man doing the same shitty pick-up lines. The fact that is an FMV end up being worse... all end up being too real... and even if MOST of the gamers won't try any shitty pickup line IRL, Sony probably don't want that bad rep.

I can see the reasons why. And i think it's ok that Sony won't allow on the store. It can't be double standards when you allow games like Gal Gun, Dead or Alive, Akiba's Trip, Senran kagura or even Persona.

Dream Daddy on the other hand, is a niche game for tumblr. AND IT'S VERY GOOD, VERY FUN, GAME OF THE YEAR... /s (2017, the death of GiantBomb)

It is a bad game, but it is an entertaining bad game. Also, there is plenty of advice that is generally decent (but mostly common sense) that has been explained numerous times in the older threads. You should read them.

Last edited:

Fbh

Indie games on console were a mistake. Almost always cross console so they aren't really adding to the library, and nearly always complete garbage.

One of my top 3 games of the gen, Hollow Knight, and my most played multiplayer game of the gen, Rocket League, are both indie so I'll have to disagree .

And being multiplatform doesn't mean they don't add to the library. Take the Witcher 3, Nier Automata, MH world, Rocket League, Doom and the upcoming RDR2, all multiplatform games, away from PS4 and tell how that wouldn't make its library considerably worse

Nymphae

Banned

Good old "Guys, where in the US is Detroit:Become Human set?" Abby.

Last edited:

Enygger_Tzu

Banned
Having watched lets plays of both games, they're entirely different. Not sure where OP is getting the comparison. One is a visual novel, the other is a trial and error FMV game.

It is not about the nature of the games, it is about the message Sony is sending by lambasting one game and celebrating the other.

Is this an underage boy/girl surrounded by grown up men in this Dating simulation? nah Sony will not allow such a thing on their console, i must be imagining things.

alj2CXZ.jpg

brap

Banned
Is this an underage boy/girl surrounded by grown up men in this Dating simulation? nah Sony will not allow such a thing on their console, i must be imagining things.

alj2CXZ.jpg
That's one of the guys daughters I think. Also, they're all gay it's not like they're gonna fuck her or anything lmao.

bigedole

Those giant bomb fellas sound like a bunch of wet blankets lol. Who would seriously enjoy listening to them talk for extended periods of time?

Nymphae

Banned
Those giant bomb fellas sound like a bunch of wet blankets lol. Who would seriously enjoy listening to them talk for extended periods of time?

Sometimes I enjoy hate-listening to the Beastcast, but I haven't done it for a while. Alex really wears on me.

Scopa

The Tribe Has Spoken
Sometimes I enjoy hate-listening to the Beastcast, but I haven't done it for a while. Alex really wears on me.
I often have this conundrum of when to stop listening to these types of panderers that make the transition from normal entertainment to snowflake crazy.

My sanity and patience implores me to stop listening, but my brain wants to keep listening, so it can offer an informed opinion when the subject comes up. It’s a difficult one.

Top Bottom