• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamcast is dead and buried

Daigoro said:
ive finally had enough of accidentally reading your posts. i will now utilize the ignore feature for the first time ever. i will use the spare second to ive regained in my life to stare at a wall or pick my nose or something. RIP.

There's an ignore feature?!

NeoGAF has just gotten infinitely better.

10 years ago next month; we found out the first real details of what would be Sega's last system. this was no rumor, but the first actual public report about what would eventually be known as Dreamcast.

edit: yes I know the "Black Belt" machine was eventually canceled, but though the article mentions Black Belt, what they were actually talking about (which they discovered soon after) was an early version of Dural/Katana, the machine that would indeed become Dreamcast.

Vormund

Night_Trekker said:
I never understood that. Didn't the batteries drain while you had the VMU in the controller? I like the idea of the VMU but it was so poorly implemented.

I liked the idea of the VMU as well. I just wish it recharged or something when it was in the controller.

Square2005 said:
It's not dead in Japan!

http://www.gamefaqs.com/console/dreamcast/

Trigger Heart Exelica is set for Feb. 22nd, this year!

Followed by teh killer app: Karous on March 8th.

The Dreamcast's life in Japan has lasted over 8 year now...!
That may be longer than the Mega Drive...

wow, just wow

JESUS_MIRROR_SMALLER2.jpg

mollipen

shinokou said:
That's incredibly stupid advice, and you know it. CR2032 batteries, or whatever they were, ran out so quickly in a VMU that there was never any point in switching them unless you really wanted to mess around with a Chao. VMU was a cool idea, and I'll probably switch my batteries some day for old-times sake, but I'll be damned if it isn't a complete waste of money to do so.

I know this post is old, but since this thread is back anyhow...

There was a VERY simple solution to this: keep the battery tab in. Pull it out when you needed to use the VMU on it's own, put it back in when not in use, and there you go. Your battery lasts a long time, and is there when you need it.

ZeoVGM

Banned
cbjars said:
How many people hoesntly used the VMU for other than saving?

Me.

VMU rocked.

Dreamcast rocked.

Best system last gen.

Yes, PS2 had MORE better games in the end. So did GC.

But Dreamcast left a much bigger impact on me, where as I was honestly disappointed with PS2, GC, and Xbox, no matter how great PS2 and GC were. Dreamcast just felt fresh and new and I had an amazing time with it.

Core407

Banned
Sega did online right and it was 56k FFS!

Sega.net > Xbox Live

PSO had a brilliant messaging/buddy system that could have been applied to all online games. Greatest system ever.

Top Bottom