• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dreamhack Summer 2012 Thread: SC2/DOTA2/HoN/LoL/CS/Quake/BF3/SF4AE/SFxT June 16-18

twofold

And even if stephano gets past that, there's a decent chance he'll be up against Hero in the round after, and if there's one toss that could beat stephano it's him.

Yeah. Tough draw for him.

On the other side of the bracket, I think it'll be either Sase or Naniwa going through.

Snowman

Yeah. Tough draw for him.

On the other side of the bracket, I think it'll be either Sase or Naniwa going through.

Naniwa will have trouble with all those zergs though.. I think it'll be the winner of ret/sase going to the finals on that side.

Haunted

Upper bracket has the best 4 players. But that's the way the cookie crumbles, still enough worthy players in the Top 16 overall to make it an exciting final day all the way through.

Madouu

Awesome play by H4nni on Behemoth, blocking cd in kongor pit, stealing token AND tableting away while the teamfight was going on. Camera zoomed on him at the end, he looked so proud!

fnatic winning 1-0, game 2 next.

Madouu

Double jungle (Ophelia/Nymph) strat to lock down the tempest, and keep up the pressure on mid/long seems to be working excellently so far.

Fnatic on their way to win DreamHoN? Who would've thought.

Madouu

CS! so many memories.

I look forward to tomorrow's games, probably one of the last big 1.6 tournaments with most esports events starting to drop it. It is sad to see a game that was one of the first to really structure the esports scene; and the one I discovered esports with many many years ago, dying. Hopefully, CS:GO will be a worthy heir.

Also, Fnatic won the swedish championship versus SK gaming 2-0. They're the favourite to win it tomorrow in my opinion, they've been in great form.

Meanwhile in the Heroes Of Newerth final, Dark Lady starting to take over the game, but it's still not finished yet. Fnatic looking good to take over this game too, and win Dreamhack ... once again.

edit : and it's gg! Great overall performance by fnatic, they showed their experience. Fly never fails to impress me with both his picks and the way he sets up his team's lanes. Era and H4nni playing great too. It was fun following the event from start to finish. Hopefully, tomorrow will be even better with the rest of the games, looking forward to the 1.6 and Dota 2 finals. Will probably take a look at the 5v5 midwars hon tourney too, should be fun, and keep an eye on the starcraft 2 event. And not to forget Euro 2012. So much stuff to follow! <3 holydays.

Damn that bracket is so one sided, shame that one side is so stacked.

And even if stephano gets past that, there's a decent chance he'll be up against Hero in the round after, and if there's one toss that could beat stephano it's him.

Sase did knock him out last tournament they were in :p.

They still play the big tournaments in HoN, I think they bootcamped to prepare for this one too. Era still plays quite a bit of HoN too and it definitely showed today.

They are one of those teams that a lot of the Dota community questions in terms of their ability to transition. HoN plays so much differently from Dota 2 at this point that the way they play and the things they do don't seem to translate over in terms of a meta strategy. And that's leaving out the nuanced differences of the engine that are actually really hard for HoN players to adapt to.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
The twitch feed is horrible for me. Guess my ISP just hates twitch, Even at 240p it's horrible.

I sorta wish tobi was using own3d, Never had an issue with that, Even in 1080p.

mtw strong at the moment, although as i just type that, Stuff happened on the bottom lane!

bbyybb

CGI bullshit is the death knell of cinema
The twitch feed is horrible for me. Guess my ISP just hates twitch, Even at 240p it's horrible.

I sorta wish tobi was using own3d, Never had an issue with that, Even in 1080p.

It is usually the opposite for me, TwitchTV is fine at 1080p whilst own3d can occasionally be inconsistent at that resolution.

evlcookie

but ever so delicious
It is usually the opposite for me, TwitchTV is fine at 1080p whilst own3d can occasionally be inconsistent at that resolution.

Twitch is usually fine but this competition it's been horrible.

I'm guessing there's no way to change which server you can stream from? If only!

Balehead

They've had some problems at DH's end during this tournament. Had some folks from twitch say yesterday that their engineers checked twitch's end and are helping DH to fix theirs.

SamVimes

I seriously think Shadow Fiend would fit well with Mouz' lineup right now. They will never pick him, but it would be good since also with BKB nothing on mTw would be able to stop him.

Balehead

I think I've seen Omni Viper from mTw before during scrims at least. Might have been separate games though, but still they made it work. Will be really interesting to see.

These lanes look brutal for mTw.

ksan

Really smart plays by mouz, showing that it's really on.
These lanes couldn't be better for mouz, really forcing mTw to do something.

Top Bottom